Hey Dude

Nickelodeon (ended 1991)

Hey Dude Fan Reviews (12)

• Staple for kids who grew up in the 90s

Hey Dude was a strange little show about a group of teens who worked at Bar None Dude Ranch. I haven't seen it in over 10 years, but I can still remember Brad, Ted, Melody, Mr. Ernst, and Danny like it was yesterday. I watched this show everyday on Nickelodeon in the summers, along with other classics like Salute Your Shorts and The Adventures of Pete & Pete.

The show had some great comedic moments, (like when the kids accidentally made a sign in the desert that said "Nude Ranch" instead of "Dude Ranch" and nudists populated the ranch and when Mr. Ernst was stuck in his office holding two fishbowls and couldn't get his hands free) but it had some important dramatic moments and lessons to teach as well. I remember a scene with Danny defending his Native American culture to Ted being very poignant at the time.

I'd say the most famous actor to come out of this show is Christine Taylor, who played Melody. She is married to Ben Stiller, and most recognizable for her roles in Stiller comedies Zoolander and Dodgeball.

While it's not the best show, or even a great show really, it was a staple for many kids like me who grew up in the 90s and greatly influenced our generation.