Hidden Palms Forums

The CW (ended 2007)

CW To End Hidden Palms Early

1treehillfan

[21]Jun 14, 2007
    • level: 45
    I kinda figured it would be cancelled. At least hopefully we will get a little closure instead of them just pulling the plug like they have a lot of shows! CW has cancelled so many good shows over the past couple years!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SPdANG

[23]Jun 14, 2007
    • level: 7
    I kinda HATE CW. Hidden Palms was like my new favorite TV show God damnit!

CTU81

[24]Jun 14, 2007
    • level: 25
    Though its highly unlikely, heres a theory as to why they are ending it earlier:

The CW hasn't had an original scripted drama series that actually survived since they created the station. They cancelled Runaway.

Well, with the cancellation of Veronica Mars and Gilmore Girls ending. Maybe they are showing back-to-back episodes as a way to try and get more interest in the show. The idea might be to give the fans more to get them hooked on the show faster. If the ratings stay in the 1.6 nielsen area during the back-to-back episodes, its possible that the CW could bring the show back in the fall. Though unlikely, its possible this could be there reasoning behind speeding the showing of episodes up.

Just a thought.

lola14

[25]Jun 14, 2007
    • level: 11
    CTU81 wrote:
    Though its highly unlikely, heres a theory as to why they are ending it earlier:

The CW hasn't had an original scripted drama series that actually survived since they created the station. They cancelled Runaway.

Well, with the cancellation of Veronica Mars and Gilmore Girls ending. Maybe they are showing back-to-back episodes as a way to try and get more interest in the show. The idea might be to give the fans more to get them hooked on the show faster. If the ratings stay in the 1.6 nielsen area during the back-to-back episodes, its possible that the CW could bring the show back in the fall. Though unlikely, its possible this could be there reasoning behind speeding the showing of episodes up.

Just a thought.

I thought Hidden Palms was originally for UPN? I could be wrong, just what I thought I heard. Anyway, there is absolutely no way that they would put Hidden Palms in the fall. The only way it could survive is in the summer.

Edufonseca

[26]Jun 14, 2007
    • level: 15
    I would be pissed if they renewed HP and not Veronica Mars which has a lot more viewers.

SoylentYellow

[27]Jun 14, 2007
    • level: 21

Last night ratings werent any better than last week.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/ratings.aspx

1.0 / 0.5 (18-49) #14 - dead last for the night- Stick a fork in it,Hidden Palms is done after they air the last episode this summer - if not sooner. At least it should beat Wild Palms 5 episodes. If they axed Veronic Mars with 2.5 million viewers, no way 1.4 million for HP will get a full season order.

Edited on 06/14/2007 11:19am
    Edited 2 total times.

electricpeppers

[28]Jun 14, 2007
    • level: 26
    Ouch.

kiya12309

[29]Jun 14, 2007
    • level: 3
    well, did you actually ever expect it NOT to get cancelled? The CW sux, and this is what they do. But it still has smallville on, so I'm good.

racheeel

[30]Jun 14, 2007
    • level: 18
    CW is like the new FOX now. I cant trust them with anything.

Hazard8

[31]Jun 14, 2007
    • level: 8
    I really like the show but unfortunately it has no future

hco_boy

[32]Jun 14, 2007
    • level: 3

WHAT THE HELL DO THEY DO THIS FOR I LOVE SOME OF THEIR SHOWS, RUNAWAY WAS FUN AND IT WAS SOMETHING DIFFERENT BUT I BELIEVE THE REASON THEY ARE GETTING CANCELLED IS BCUZ AFTER THE MISTERY IS SOLVED THERE IS NO NEED FOR ANOTHER SEASON, WHISTLER IS AN EXAMPLE IT WAS A GREAT SHOW (IN THE N) BUT AFTER THE MISTERY IS SOLVED ITS BETTER TO END THEN TO GET DRAGGED ON JUST LIKE RUNAWAY THINK ABOUT IT, AFTER THE ENDING THEY AINT GONNA BE RUNAWAY ANYMORE. AND IF YOU THINK DRAGGING A MISTERY SEASON AFTER SEASON IS FUN LOOK AT LOST HOW CAN PEOPLE BE LOST THAT LONG WITHOUT GETTING FOUND ITS JUST DUMB.

xxrediexx

[33]Jun 14, 2007
    i hope cw didn't cancel the hidden palms. Hidden Palms is the best mystrey show. I love this show. Every epiosde is better and better.

lola14

[34]Jun 14, 2007
    hco_boy wrote:

WHAT THE HELL DO THEY DO THIS FOR I LOVE SOME OF THEIR SHOWS, RUNAWAY WAS FUN AND IT WAS SOMETHING DIFFERENT BUT I BELIEVE THE REASON THEY ARE GETTING CANCELLED IS BCUZ AFTER THE MISTERY IS SOLVED THERE IS NO NEED FOR ANOTHER SEASON, WHISTLER IS AN EXAMPLE IT WAS A GREAT SHOW (IN THE N) BUT AFTER THE MISTERY IS SOLVED ITS BETTER TO END THEN TO GET DRAGGED ON JUST LIKE RUNAWAY THINK ABOUT IT, AFTER THE ENDING THEY AINT GONNA BE RUNAWAY ANYMORE. AND IF YOU THINK DRAGGING A MISTERY SEASON AFTER SEASON IS FUN LOOK AT LOST HOW CAN PEOPLE BE LOST THAT LONG WITHOUT GETTING FOUND ITS JUST DUMB.

Umm, next time could you not use all caps?

VGFreak8

[35]Jun 14, 2007
    • level: 53
    I was really getting into this show! That sucks!

acideagle

[36]Jun 15, 2007
    • level: 7
    CW have really shot themselves in the foot canceling so much stuff at once. The FBI makeover of Veronica Mars sounded really promising particularly. They must be praying that one of their pick-ups will do something. Personally, I think only Reaper has the potential to do that. Down to one show on CW now, Supernatural, and only because it occasionally reminds me of X-Files.

Keep digging CW. That grave is really starting to take shape.

crazypenguincp

[37]Jun 15, 2007
    • level: 10
    This does suck, but anyone who didn't see it coming was in denial. The ratings are bad- that's the reality. I personally think it could have done better if it had been aired earlier in the season, after One Tree Hill, or something.

As for all the shows the CW has canceled- well, they didn't cancel many last season so I can see why they would this year. But I only think Reaper and maybe gossip girl will make it next season. But I guess I'm ok- I still have OTH and Smallville.

1treehillfan

[38]Jun 15, 2007
    • level: 45
    acideagle wrote:

Keep digging CW. That grave is really starting to take shape.

LMAO! That was great!

SoylentYellow

[39]Jun 15, 2007
    • level: 21

acideagle wrote:
    CW have really shot themselves in the foot canceling so much stuff at once. The FBI makeover of Veronica Mars sounded really promising particularly. They must be praying that one of their pick-ups will do something. Personally, I think only Reaper has the potential to do that. Down to one show on CW now, Supernatural, and only because it occasionally reminds me of X-Files. Keep digging CW. That grave is really starting to take shape.

They could have made Veronica Mars: FBI into an X-Files type show. David Duchovny could be her supervisor playingAssistant Director Fox Mulder- he isnt doing much of significance these days. Though I never actually watched Veronica Mars I would give a show like that a try.

kristavasiljeva

[40]Jun 15, 2007
    • level: 8
    It sucks so hard.. So sad.. I like this show with all that mistery..

To 1treehillfan your coment rock!!