Hidden Palms Forums

The CW (ended 2007)

CW To End Hidden Palms Early

Slavers

[41]Jun 15, 2007
    • level: 7

From what I've tread about this show so far, the "Eddie Mystery" is only the beginning. Apparently the longer Johnny is in Palm Springs, the more strange things he discovers about the town of "greys and gays".

I really hope this show does not end. Maybe if we are lucky, the CW is ending the season soon, because it will do better on the fall schedule rather than the summer one.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

puma_girl

[42]Jun 16, 2007
    • level: 6
    I hope you're right. I just watch the first three episodes and i'm hooked! I don't really understand why they're doing summer season. It's probably the best way to end it quickly. This show has to much potential to be ending in a few weeks. 

krazy4crack

[43]Jun 17, 2007
    • level: 51
    puma_girl wrote:
    I hope you're right. I just watch the first three episodes and i'm hooked! I don't really understand why they're doing summer season. It's probably the best way to end it quickly. This show has to much potential to be ending in a few weeks.

You don't understand why it's on the summer? Wow. You watch the show right? Yous should know why it's on the summer.

MARIE62485

[45]Jun 18, 2007
    • level: 10
    Phoenix911983 wrote:

Wednesday, June 13
    8:00/7:00c - "Hidden Palms" (New Episode)
    9:00/8:00c - "One Tree Hill" (Repeat)

Wednesday, June 20 and June 27
    8:00/7:00c - "Hidden Palms" (New Episode)
    9:00/8:00c - "Hidden Palms" (New Episode)

Wednesday, July 4
    8:00/7:00c - "Hidden Palms" (Season Finale)
    9:00/8:00c - "One Tree Hill" (Repeat)

Sundays beginning June 17
    7:00/6:00c - "Reba" (Repeats)
    7:30/6:30c - "Reba" (Repeats)
    8:00/7:00c - "7th Heaven" (Repeats)
    9:00/8:00c - "Supernatural" (Repeats)

There's the Schedule courtesy of thefutoncritic.com

and it will not be repeated on Sunday Nights

i know i know.''

Jim856796

[46]Jun 20, 2007
    • level: 14

With Hidden Palms cancelled, the CW network will never have a scripted drama series torun for 2+ seasons!

hound562

[47]Jun 20, 2007
    • level: 4
    Well this sucks. I was really starting to like this show. I just wish it aired sooner this year. I know it's hard to sometimes remember to watch it during the summer. Lots of crazy stuff going on, can't always remember. I know I missed most of the airdates the CW. I was really starting to like this show. I hope they don't cancel it. There isn't many good teen dramas out there.

tvismyescape22

[48]Jun 20, 2007
    • level: 13

siddy_2005 wrote:

ocseason4fan wrote:
    Awww this sucks.. All the nice shows are getting cancelled
    always happens.....thats the only reason i hate watching new shows; im worried ill love it but they'll end up being cancelled.

i hope they reconsider if the rating go up perhaps, oh and traveler is another new good show, if anyone is interested in fast paced mystery/action-adventure

GOO HIDDEN PALMS!!!

I totally agree with you! I hate to watch new shows, but I'm afraid that they'll get cancelled if I watch them. Like with Drive, it used to be on Fox, but they only showed 2 episodes and it got cancelled. At least we'll get to see the rest of the season before it goes. I really wish it wouldn't!

yankeegrl506

[49]Jun 20, 2007
    • level: 5

I don't want to believe just yet...it's a really good show. But if it is true, I think the problem is that people have just given up on the CW.

Jaclyn06

[50]Jun 21, 2007
    • level: 1
    I really like hidden palms, I don't see why so many people hate it. I really hope it stays on.

lycanthrope07

[51]Jun 21, 2007
    • level: 3
    Hey, u guys remember Young Americans? that was another short lived teen show in the summer of 2000. i was really into it, and it had 8 eps and that was it, never to be heard from again, and the only cast member from it to really gain any notice afterwards was Kate Bosworth. poor Kevin Williamson, he hasn't had a hit show since the early days of Dawson's. his show Wasteland didn't make it a full season, and neither did Glory Days. Glory was similar to Palms in a way, with the whole creepy secrets going on, in a seemingly iddylic town. anyways i really like Palms, i love that theme song. and i gotta say i hate Taylor Handly on The OC, well duh who didn't lol. and its weird cuz on that sh ow i thought he looked too old to play a high schooler, yet on Palms he looks oddly younger even thokugh its a few yrs later, but blonde fits him better than the dark locks on the OC. and i love Cliff, he's so the crazy guy that u know is gonna just snap one day. i like him on here more than on The OC too.

jonas_20

[52]Jun 21, 2007
    • level: 1
    Crazy, someone should definently reconsider and keep this show going, I really like the CW. Bottom Line: Hidden Palms needs to stay on.

angrodpallanen

[53]Jun 22, 2007
    • level: 22
    Yeah, I totally changed my opinion, with the first two episodes I didn't really care for the show, it was nice, but with 3, 4 and 5 the show proved it can really do good in it's genre of teenage mystery shows. Though the whole rich/beautiful background is not necessary (Eddie's death has little to do with the fact that it's Palm Springs), it's still enjoyable, for now. I think HP should definatly return for a second season, I can't wait for a new mystery to start!

Vital_Shot

[54]Jun 22, 2007
    • level: 25
    I missed the first couple of episodes, but I tuned in this past Wednesday, and it has got me hooked. Interesting plot about Eddie, and how everybody is telling Johnny different things and it's a total mystery. Sadly most new shows don't get renewed for a second season unless they are atleast 3 million veiwers each episode. For instance, What I Like About You, only had 2 million - 2.5 million veiwers and still got cancelled. We can only hope for the best and keep tuning in every Wednesday. Ooh, and only the Nielsen ratings matter because of advertisment and if less than a certain about of veiwers watch, it costed them more to advertise than produce the show, which in our luck, causes the show to cancel.
    So, just watch the show every Wednesday, and hope for the best.

tytetyson

[55]Jun 26, 2007
    damn this show has potential too. cant beleive it is nnly getting 8 eppys

tytetyson

[56]Jun 26, 2007
    Vital_Shot wrote:
    I missed the first couple of episodes, but I tuned in this past Wednesday, and it has got me hooked. Interesting plot about Eddie, and how everybody is telling Johnny different things and it's a total mystery. Sadly most new shows don't get renewed for a second season unless they are atleast 3 million veiwers each episode. For instance, What I Like About You, only had 2 million - 2.5 million veiwers and still got cancelled. We can only hope for the best and keep tuning in every Wednesday. Ooh, and only the Nielsen ratings matter because of advertisment and if less than a certain about of veiwers watch, it costed them more to advertise than produce the show, which in our luck, causes the show to cancel.

wanst the first season of one tree hill getting like only 1.8 mil and around there? and they got picked up

Vital_Shot

[57]Jun 29, 2007
    • level: 25
    tytetyson wrote:
    Vital_Shot wrote:

wanst the first season of one tree hill getting like only 1.8 mil and around there? and they got picked up

I'm not sure.
    I don't follow One Tree Hill, but wow, only 1.8 Million?
    They must have thought it had a chance.
    I guess they don't think Hidden Palms has a chance.
    Oh, yeah.
    Does anybody know the ratings so far on average each night so far?
    That'd be great to know.

krazydaisii

[58]Jul 2, 2007
    • level: 5

Okie.. i am totally gonna be positive and think this is the same case as Grey's Anatomy ( the first season was only abt 8 episodes...and see where Grey is heading now!!)

Check out the CW webbie and nothing was mention abt cancelling the show.... Let's just keep our fingers cross yeah!! Who knows... CW will be dumb if they get rid of an awesome show as tis!!!

Let's Have Hope People.... Or worse come to worse we can sent 3 tonnes of Palms to the CW network... hahahahaha

angrodpallanen

[59]Jul 2, 2007
    • level: 22
    angrodpallanen wrote:
    Yeah, I totally changed my opinion, with the first two episodes I didn't really care for the show, it was nice, but with 3, 4 and 5 the show proved it can really do good in it's genre of teenage mystery shows. Though the whole rich/beautiful background is not necessary (Eddie's death has little to do with the fact that it's Palm Springs), it's still enjoyable, for now. I think HP should definatly return for a second season, I can't wait for a new mystery to start!

OMG, how much can you change within a week? now I really don't care for a second season, HP was fun while it lasted, the mystery will be solved and the story will be over. The Whole Johnny/Greta thing doesn't encourage another season, all that unecesarry drama, it's kind off boring.

michael_LB92

[60]Jul 22, 2007
    • level: 24
    angrodpallanen wrote:
    angrodpallanen wrote:

OMG, how much can you change within a week? now I really don't care for a second season, HP was fun while it lasted, the mystery will be solved and the story will be over. The Whole Johnny/Greta thing doesn't encourage another season, all that unecesarry drama, it's kind off boring.

Lol. Did you quote yourself and reply?