Hidden Palms Forums

The CW (ended 2007)

I don't understand!!!!

nel50

[1]Jul 4, 2007
    • level: 25

This show made no sense whatsoever. I hated how the 2 people who were actually invovled with Eddie weren't even shown until about mid way. Why did cliff even tell liza to butt out that made no sense. What about Gretas dress and how liza saw cliff and greta running away. how did liza and eddie sleeping together even matter?They did a terrible job with cliff because they made us believe he was a terrible person but than made him and eddies death not understandable. this was gay.good show. i liked it a lot. big cliff hanger, but bad writing. pcee

WORST POSSIBLE ENDING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited on 07/04/2007 6:12pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

toxic_boy21

[2]Jul 4, 2007
    • level: 13
    yeah i was confused for most of the episode. the very end explained everything, but didnt give any closure with the characters.

Firetears

[3]Jul 4, 2007
    • level: 23
    nel50 wrote:
    I hated how the 2 people who were actually invovled with Eddie weren't even shown until about mid way.

That makes more sense that they left for a while to let the heat die down and returned than staying where all the action is knowing they were involved. Besides, they wouldn't have had any role in the beginning of the show so it doesn't matter.

nel50 wrote:
    Why did cliff even tell liza to butt out that made no sense. What about Gretas dress and how liza saw cliff and greta running away.

Liza was in his house snooping around, regardless if he's innocent or not, he had a right to tell her back off. He also told her he didn't do it but I suspect you wiped that clean out of your memory. And Greta already said she walked in on Eddie while he was dead and she ran away with Cliff right behind her. That "mystery" was solved in the episode it was brung up in.

nel50 wrote:
    how did liza and eddie sleeping together even matter?They did a terrible job with cliff because they made us believe he was a terrible person but than made him and eddies death not understandable.

They never said Liza sleeping with Eddie had anything to do with the mysery, it was just another secret uncovered. Maybe it would've had more relevance had the series continued to another season. And they did a terrific job with Cliff's character. He's a sadistic character, bottom line. Just take it how you see it. He's a good person who has his moments. He said so in the last episode himself. And Eddie's death is completely understandable to me. I honestly don't see what's not to understand. You were probably hoping Greta or Cliff had something to do with the murder and got upset when it turns out they were innocent. Sorry but that's not how it went down.

cis013

[4]Jul 4, 2007
    • level: 2
    I thought it would have been cool if Greta had found out about Eddie's fling with Liza and had killed him. Especially after she finally got Johnny to completely trust her again. Is that too twisted?
    Edited on 07/04/2007 8:47pm

friendsaddict

[5]Jul 4, 2007
    • level: 4
    there was absolutely no closure!!!
    the end was totally set up for a second season!!
    what happened to Gretta's mom???????

Sledge42

[6]Jul 5, 2007
    • level: 3
    friendsaddict wrote:
    what happened to Gretta's mom???????

See my post in the official episode thread for my guess. It sucks that the show won't continue, but for a show that was canceled quickly, the ending was much better than some others.

friendsaddict

[7]Jul 5, 2007
    • level: 4
    thanks for the recap!

supperkat

[8]Jul 5, 2007
    • level: 6
    Yeah- I was like what the crap is this to the show it's over.Who in the HELL wrote this show,I mean the girls where HOT and SEXY and everything but that's it man I was really going crazy with this ending..I want my money back now.

ramsfan920

[9]Jul 5, 2007
    • level: 38
    supperkat wrote:
    Yeah- I was like what the crap is this to the show it's over.Who in the HELL wrote this show,I mean the girls where HOT and SEXY and everything but that's it man I was really going crazy with this ending..I want my money back now.

lol what money its not like u paid extra to see it or anything lol

KOOLKUM

[10]Jul 5, 2007
    • level: 5
    yeah the series finale was very disappointing but i thought the rest of the series was really good, but i didnt get any closure either.

supperkat

[11]Jul 6, 2007
    • level: 6
    Yeah,I lot of shows do this quite a bit these days it's all about money though.To bad we get shafted in the mix too,maybe they'll put on dvd or something and we get a better look at the show.The Uncut version.

IMBlond

[12]Jul 13, 2007
    • level: 1
    And it amazes me that so many people left their houses and windows and doors unlocked and open for anyone to enter on Hidden Palms...you'd think Palm Springs would have a super high crime rate, wouldn't you?

Megaman200798

[13]Nov 7, 2007
    • level: 13
    toxic_boy21 wrote:
    yeah i was confused for most of the episode. the very end explained everything, but didnt give any closure with the characters.

Excatly