Hidden Palms Forums

The CW (ended 2007)

Next 13 eposides all ready written

  • Avatar of davinp

    davinp

    [1]Jul 5, 2007
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 299

    What would have happened if Hidden Palms had been renewed? Kevin Williamson says that the next thirteen episodes had already been written and the series future was mapped out beyond that. He muses, "You have sort of the broad-stroke version [of the series]. I can see where it would be in four years and I could see how it would start next season in high school. The first eight episodes represent the summer. Now we would get into the beginning of the school year and introduce a lot more characters and move forward."

    Will we ever learn what the future would have held for Johnny, Greta, Nikki, Liza and the rest? Unless the prolific Williamson wants to share his plans, it looks pretty doubtful. It's too bad Hidden Palms fell in the same boat with The OC & Falcon Beach.

    http://www.tvseriesfinale.com/2007/07/hidden_palms_cw_finishes_kevin_williamson_drama.php

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Firetears

    Firetears

    [2]Jul 5, 2007
    • member since: 06/26/04
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 9,384
    The O.C. ended and after season 4, I'm glad it got cut short while it was still good. As for this, it was definitely short lived and never given the chance. Hopefully, if the show doesn't get renewed Kevin will share his plans he had for the show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KOOLKUM

    KOOLKUM

    [3]Jul 5, 2007
    • member since: 06/16/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 69
    yeah but the OC shouldve ended at the end of season 3
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Firetears

    Firetears

    [4]Jul 5, 2007
    • member since: 06/26/04
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 9,384
    By that, I hope you mean after shaving off the last few minutes.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of IDINOI

    IDINOI

    [5]Jul 5, 2007
    • member since: 05/14/06
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 524
    KOOLKUM wrote:
    yeah but the OC shouldve ended at the end of season 3


    no. they should have skipped season 3 and went straight to season 4 lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Firetears

    Firetears

    [6]Jul 6, 2007
    • member since: 06/26/04
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 9,384
    The worst of season 3 was mediocre. The season 4 only had 4 great episodes(which were mostly Marissa's after effect-centre and The Metamorphosis) while season 3 had a number of great episodes. I don't see why people think it was THAT bad.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of insmod

    insmod

    [7]Jul 6, 2007
    • member since: 03/10/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 7

    Firetears wrote:
    The worst of season 3 was mediocre. The season 4 only had 4 great episodes(which were mostly Marissa's after effect-centre and The Metamorphosis) while season 3 had a number of great episodes. I don't see why people think it was THAT bad.

    Yeah, but the worst of season 1, 2 & 4 was just good. It wasn't THAT bad, it just wasn't as good as the first and the second. And the fourth of course. IMO season 4 was really, really good. Okay, so it's not Marissa who we really loved, but the episodes are really well written. Not boring, as some episodes of season 3 (johnny crying all the time about marissa, THAT was bad).

    As for Hidden Palms, I really hope there is a second season (even though I know there won't be). That last episode looked more like a SEASON finale.

    Edited on 07/06/2007 10:24am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Firetears

    Firetears

    [8]Jul 6, 2007
    • member since: 06/26/04
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 9,384
    insmod wrote:

    Firetears wrote:
    The worst of season 3 was mediocre. The season 4 only had 4 great episodes(which were mostly Marissa's after effect-centre and The Metamorphosis) while season 3 had a number of great episodes. I don't see why people think it was THAT bad.

    Yeah, but the worst of season 1, 2 & 4 was just good. It wasn't THAT bad, it just wasn't as good as the first and the second. And the fourth of course. IMO season 4 was really, really good. Okay, so it's not Marissa who we really loved, but the episodes are really well written. Not boring, as some episodes of season 3 (johnny crying all the time about marissa, THAT was bad).

    As for Hidden Palms, I really hope there is a second season (even though I know there won't be). That last episode looked more like a SEASON finale.



    Shiii, the worst of season 4 was horrible. The Dream Lover was one of the worst. The only good episode after The Metamorphosis is The Summer Bummer and it wasn't THAT good. Season 3 didn't have any bad episodes, just mediocre ones. Season 4 had a collection of bad episodes, not to mention a horrible send-off. Had it not been for the last few minutes, the last episode would've been trife.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of newportsurfer

    newportsurfer

    [9]Jul 6, 2007
    • member since: 06/17/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 195
    Maybe there is hope for a few of those episodes to have already been filmed and be on a series DVD? ahaha. *wishful thinking*
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of crazyhooligan9

    crazyhooligan9

    [10]Jul 6, 2007
    • member since: 08/06/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 2,497
    Firetears wrote:
    insmod wrote:

    Firetears wrote:
    The worst of season 3 was mediocre. The season 4 only had 4 great episodes(which were mostly Marissa's after effect-centre and The Metamorphosis) while season 3 had a number of great episodes. I don't see why people think it was THAT bad.

    Yeah, but the worst of season 1, 2 & 4 was just good. It wasn't THAT bad, it just wasn't as good as the first and the second. And the fourth of course. IMO season 4 was really, really good. Okay, so it's not Marissa who we really loved, but the episodes are really well written. Not boring, as some episodes of season 3 (johnny crying all the time about marissa, THAT was bad).

    As for Hidden Palms, I really hope there is a second season (even though I know there won't be). That last episode looked more like a SEASON finale.

    Shiii, the worst of season 4 was horrible. The Dream Lover was one of the worst. The only good episode after The Metamorphosis is The Summer Bummer and it wasn't THAT good. Season 3 didn't have any bad episodes, just mediocre ones. Season 4 had a collection of bad episodes, not to mention a horrible send-off. Had it not been for the last few minutes, the last episode would've been trife.
    Who are you kidding? Season 3 was terrible. Not only did the show become The Johnny & Marissa show, but there was barely anything good going on. All we saw was a repeat of the Oliver storyline, just more extended, more boring, and featuring a male version of season 2's Lindsay, who was the downfall of the beginning of season 2! Summer and Seth became a couple that made you want to gauge your eyes out and Marissa cried and cried, oh and cried! Season 4 wasn't much better, but the writing did seem fresh but that didn't matter because the show just wasn't The O.C. anymore. But anyway this is a Hidden Palms board/thread so let's discuss that.btw, i like your avvie. POPULAR!
    Edited on 07/06/2007 6:21pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of degrassi_lover

    degrassi_lover

    [11]Jul 7, 2007
    • member since: 10/26/06
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 8,237
    The OC is excellent, but I have to say Marissa is really annoying! That girl has way too many problems. And every relationship she is involved in(which doesn't include Ryan), she always ends up getting him back.. I mean make up your mind. Though I was really stunned when Marissa died. To me.. That was the best moment in S3 because it was sad and shocking. I loved S4, because it was different. I loved it, and I loved the ending. Right now, I hope some how Hidden Palms is renewed by another network because I really like HP. Though thats unlikely.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TakenMisery

    TakenMisery

    [12]Jul 10, 2007
    • member since: 07/10/05
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 836
    The O.C was my fav show, I loved each of the series as they came. Season 4 was miles better for me than season 3 but obv neither live upto season 1 or 2.

    Now, back to HP, I would love to know where the characters would have been lead too in high school etc... not sure though how interesting it could have got after the finale (which was a step down from the rest of the series).
    The cool idea about having them already filmed for DVD, bit like Tru Calling!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Firetears

    Firetears

    [13]Jul 10, 2007
    • member since: 06/26/04
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 9,384
    TakenMisery wrote:
    The O.C was my fav show, I loved each of the series as they came. Season 4 was miles better for me than season 3 but obv neither live upto season 1 or 2.

    Now, back to HP, I would love to know where the characters would have been lead too in high school etc... not sure though how interesting it could have got after the finale (which was a step down from the rest of the series).
    The cool idea about having them already filmed for DVD, bit like Tru Calling!


    Tru Calling was renewed for 13 episodes and FOX literally pulled the plug midway through filming the season. But since they pretty much promised to air the episodes, they picked a opened timeslot and aired the 6 episodes, excluding the last one. What sucks the most about it is that the show was profitable. It averaged over 4 million viewers when the budget wasn't that high. But you know FOX, if it isn't 15 million viewers, it isn't worth it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of degrassi_lover

    degrassi_lover

    [14]Jul 11, 2007
    • member since: 10/26/06
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 8,237

    I love Tru Calling . I even bought the complete S1 and S2 DVD's! I'm rewatching them and I realize how great of a series it was! I can't believe FOX axed the series after six episodes. And the sixth one didn't even air.

    Well at least for Hidden Palms The CW aired all the episodes and didn't axe it after what three episodes(Runaway).

    Back To The OC. Its really weird, I mean for S3 the total viewings for the whole season was 5.6 million viewers. Thats kinda low. Why didn't they axe it then. But then for S4 it went a bit down and it went down to 4.3 million viewers. I think thats a way better then how Hidden Palms received the ratings. That was pretty low. And did anyone know that Hidden Palms received 0.97 viewers for the series finale. Now that its extremely. That suffered worse then Runaway did.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of angrodpallanen

    angrodpallanen

    [15]Jul 12, 2007
    • member since: 03/29/06
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 3,674
    I don't really care. This just proves that HP wanted to be the next OC (started in the summer, became a hit, got more episodes in fall). I think it's sad the creator didn't got to tell the story he wanted to tell, I'd hated if that happened to me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of degrassi_lover

    degrassi_lover

    [16]Jul 12, 2007
    • member since: 10/26/06
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 8,237
    But Hidden Palms didn't even want to be the next OC. For me. Its not even like The OC, I mean The OC is that soapish teen drama(not bashing it because I love The OC) and Hidden Palms its all revolves around mystery. I mean no one would kill themself in front of their son in The OC and there weren't any murder mysteries in The OC either. Hidden Palms is its own show, just like The OC is too.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ramsfan920

    ramsfan920

    [17]Jul 12, 2007
    • member since: 03/07/06
    • level: 38
    • rank: Squarepants
    • posts: 713
    Firetears wrote:
    TakenMisery wrote:
    The O.C was my fav show, I loved each of the series as they came. Season 4 was miles better for me than season 3 but obv neither live upto season 1 or 2.

    Now, back to HP, I would love to know where the characters would have been lead too in high school etc... not sure though how interesting it could have got after the finale (which was a step down from the rest of the series).
    The cool idea about having them already filmed for DVD, bit like Tru Calling!


    Tru Calling was renewed for 13 episodes and FOX literally pulled the plug midway through filming the season. But since they pretty much promised to air the episodes, they picked a opened timeslot and aired the 6 episodes, excluding the last one. What sucks the most about it is that the show was profitable. It averaged over 4 million viewers when the budget wasn't that high. But you know FOX, if it isn't 15 million viewers, it isn't worth it.

    the oc got canceled cause it averaged around 4 million...on fox you need at least 6-7 million viewers to get renewed....im actually surprised season 3 of the oc had 25 episodes i thought it only had 22 but it had more than season 2....probably because season 2 had two specials to make it 26 episodes for that year but only 24 real shows....anyways 4 million is terrible for a network like fox...the oc is lucky they got a 4th season after getting only 5 million for every episode partically in season 3...hidden palms looks 10 times better than that gossip girls crap which is why they piss me off by canceling it
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GombeTo

    GombeTo

    [18]Jul 23, 2007
    • member since: 08/10/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 185
    KOOLKUM wrote:
    yeah but the OC shouldve ended at the end of season 3


    season 4 was my favorite
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dyle123

    dyle123

    [19]Aug 8, 2007
    • member since: 11/11/06
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 4,511
    I love how this thread became all about The OC over a tiny reference! I love the OC so much, it's my all time favourite show ever! So sad that it was cancelled!

    But seriously, I really don't understand how they can say HP is "in the same boat" as The OC! I mean seriously I enjoyed HP, but 8 episodes in America, which were very unsuccessful and didnt survive past them whereas The OC aired 7 episodes and got 20 more added onto season one, aired all over the world, made megastars out of the cast, amazing viewing figures everyone, millions of fans and aired for three more seasons. How on earth was HP like The OC, they wished!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SecFruit_Brucas

    SecFruit_Brucas

    [20]Aug 27, 2007
    • member since: 04/14/07
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 558
    dyle123 wrote:
    I love how this thread became all about The OC over a tiny reference! I love the OC so much, it's my all time favourite show ever! So sad that it was cancelled! But seriously, I really don't understand how they can say HP is "in the same boat" as The OC! I mean seriously I enjoyed HP, but 8 episodes in America, which were very unsuccessful and didnt survive past them whereas The OC aired 7 episodes and got 20 more added onto season one, aired all over the world, made megastars out of the cast, amazing viewing figures everyone, millions of fans and aired for three more seasons. How on earth was HP like The OC, they wished!
    Exactly, HP will never, ever, EVER be in the same boat as the OC. I think saying that its the same as the OC is the writters way of "bumping" their dead show up higher and have people remember HP as the other OC. It was good but it wasn't great. I mean it would probably have gotten better in the later seasons but at the point they ended, it was no where near the quality of the OC.
    Edited on 08/27/2007 9:09pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.