Hidden Palms Forums

The CW (ended 2007)

The Offical Second Chances(Series Finale) Thread

friendsaddict

[21]Jul 5, 2007
    • level: 4
    does anyone think that mayb Maria didn't kill herself?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

charminmjwong

[22]Jul 5, 2007
    • level: 31

frankly, I think this episode was rushed through a lot. everything went bam, bam, bam, and the end. great show with lots of potential had it been renewed for a second season.

i don't know if maria's death is related to a suicide, i think that somehow Skip orchestrated it.

wasn't liza suppose to have a crush on Johnny also? what happened with that storyline?

Firetears

[23]Jul 5, 2007
    • level: 23
    degrassi_lover wrote:
    Wow! Now I'm trying to convince myself that its over, though another part of me thinks that its returning. Well that was a really good ending if it returned for a second season, but as the series finale it was awful. I love cliffhangers, but I don't like it when it isn't solved. Just like Popular. I was so mad when they cancelled it and it ended on a bad note.

I just recently got into Popular because of a youtube music video and I LOVE it. I hated the season finale for 2 but after hearing the plans for season 3 and the fact that Harrison and Brooke were going to end up together, I'm kind of glad it just stopped where it was best. Although, the cliffhanger was one hell of a cliffhanger.

hco_boy

[24]Jul 5, 2007
    • level: 3
    PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE WERE ARE ALL THE INVESTIGATORS THAT I HAD JUST SEEN BEFORE THE FINALE? Doesnt anyone realize that not everything is as simple as the world wants to show it think hard and we have suspects for who killed maria. first and most obivous we have skip we know there was a motive and why. suspect number 2 cliff its kinda hinting a lot on him, first of all we saw he was on writting on that page where johhny got the messege from telling us what exactly, he was at marias house once again saw the video sent it to johnny maria came in had the b**** fit with him he kills her but doesnt jack the computer so people wont know, why would he kill maria? simple its a cliche these shows like making someone gay(besides jesse jo) so cliff was gay kinda of had something for eddie and he had to have something eddie had(they always tell you that probably why he got with greta) also he told johnny the exact same line johnny told maria think about it, the only person in the series johnny actually told the line of "its cuz i wanna know why my dad did it" was maria, she told cliff johnny told her this before killing her. and my last suspect the one out of nowhere NIKKI come one know we all got creeped out by her "ill have to kill you" she told cliff, and when she told him i know you wont its because she had probably killed maria already.

Sledge42

[25]Jul 5, 2007
    hco_boy, you are going way WAY over the top in your assumptions and guesses. Plus, you need to learn to type complete sentences. Plus you need to learn to spell. I could barely understand your rambling.

Nikki did not weird me out at all. She wanted Cliff to know that he was getting one chance. That's all she meant.

Cliff has always been a bit psycho, but he had no reason to kill her. I wouldn't be all that surprised if the actor was gay but there was nothing about the show that shied away from gay characters, so there was no reason to assume he had some repressed homosexuality. He was too serious about Nikki for that. Plus there were many people who thought Johnny was just looking to resolve his feelings about his dad. He only said that to Maria to try to get her to open up.

Skip had just threatened her earlier that afternoon. It's possible, but highly unlikely that he would come back to finish her off after giving her a chance to leave town the same day. He simply used the opportunity of her suicide to grab the laptop. Plus, absolutely nobody else would have sent Johnny that video except maybe Liza, and we know she didn't do it.

You are not as insightful as you think, and you did not watch the episodes as closely as you think.

Curb71

[26]Jul 5, 2007
    • level: 5
    She was not murdered. If she was, she would not have had time to send the video email to johnny.

yme323

[27]Jul 5, 2007
    • level: 2
    I liked the show. You could tell though that it was made in hopes that they would get a second season just how they ended it.

Firetears

[28]Jul 6, 2007
    • level: 23
    Sledge42 wrote:
    I wouldn't be all that surprised if the actor was gay but there was nothing about the show that shied away from gay characters, so there was no reason to assume he had some repressed homosexuality.

Plus there were many people who thought Johnny was just looking to resolve his feelings about his dad. He only said that to Maria to try to get her to open up.

Well, as for the actor being gay I think I read that he got married to his wife and a lot of The O.C. stars were there, so that's a no-no.

Anyway, I believe he was being truthful to Maria about his motives. Think about it. At this point, what did he have to gain? He knew everything he wanted was in that laptop and he obviously knew opening up to her wouldn't get him access. It's not like she came at him in a threatful manner, but she just asked him a straighforward question and he gave her a straightforward answer. No gain, no loss, no reason to lie. And then he started tearing up when he was talking to her as well, which only means he had to mean what he said.

tvismyescape22

[29]Jul 6, 2007
    • level: 13
    I will miss this show! I think it ended on a good note, but it did leave the door open for a 2nd season. I was surprised that Maria killed herself, but i guess she couldn't take it anymore. This was a good summer show! I wish it didn't get cancelled, and that it would come back!

insmod

[30]Jul 6, 2007
    • level: 5

Curb71 wrote:
    She was not murdered. If she was, she would not have had time to send the video email to johnny.

That's a damn good point. And I think she only sent the video to johnny because she killed herself, so... If she was murdered, she wouldn't have sent it (IMO).

hco_boy

[31]Jul 6, 2007
    people it was a murder mistery there was ment a second season before it got axedthat damn simple? i dont think so. at the begining we all inclined for cliff and greta who dunit but then it came at the end you guys have to expand your mind all was possible its not just as simple is there anybody out there willing to think it farther

starlitwisher

[32]Jul 6, 2007

I was disappointed. The script wasnt that great and it all seemed to be put together so sloppily. This espisode was a horrible season finale.

degrassi_lover

[33]Jul 6, 2007
    • level: 21
    Umm I have one question. Why hasn't the status for Hidden palms changed to Ended?

crazyhooligan9

[34]Jul 7, 2007
    • level: 11
    Sledge42 wrote:
    hco_boy, you are going way WAY over the top in your assumptions and guesses. Plus, you need to learn to type complete sentences. Plus you need to learn to spell. I could barely understand your rambling.

THANK YOU! I didn't get one thing from that HUGE paragraph of words.

RCS_sportz

[35]Jul 7, 2007
    • level: 31
    insmod wrote:

Curb71 wrote:

That's a damn good point. And I think she only sent the video to johnny because she killed herself, so... If she was murdered, she wouldn't have sent it (IMO).

That is a really good point, but why did she leave in her suicide note that she killed Eddie? If she was going to kill herself, she might as well have just said it was Skip.

hco_boy

[36]Jul 7, 2007
    thanks an actualperson that was thinking. forget about my damn rambling and think about all the damn little clues in the ending. i still haveon question, werewas liza really doesnt anyone remember she was having sex with eddie that same night thats why she stayed back and so did he

hahahannahaha

[37]Jul 15, 2007
    • level: 1
    RCS_sportz wrote:
    insmod wrote:

Curb71 wrote:

That is a really good point, but why did she leave in her suicide note that she killed Eddie? If she was going to kill herself, she might as well have just said it was Skip.

are we sure that Maria said she'd killed Eddie?

i don't remember that part, but maybe i wasn't paying attention or something,

and hco_boy, just out of curiousity, is your first language english?

hco_boy

[38]Jul 17, 2007

sorry i know i keep rambling noncensce. my bad for my inadequate spelling and sentence structure. And to answer your question lets just say to manypeople at my house were speaking to many things when i was growing up, spanish from family, english, french from my sister who was in college and tried to teach me stuff. latin from my other sister who was too religious and pig-latin(which is no language) from my teenage sis trying to keep stuff from my mom. Besides the point there was no reason for her sending it to johnny how the hell did she get his email, i think liza sent it after finding him dead, but the thing is he got that message way after maria died email takes seconds(unless its yahoo)

dublanet

[39]Sep 28, 2007
    The answer ( about why this series finale was so shetty ) is very simple... They didn't expected the season to have only 8 episodes... They expected it to have at least 13 episodes...l So the story had to be really shorted, all the story-lines had to be closed in this episode, and they had to solve eddie's murder mistery only with the evidences and episodes they had till then... So, considering everything I don't think it was a bad Series Finale... I Really liked the last scene, and that video completely hooked me to season 2.... I think Maria's suicide wasn't so obvious, and Skip might had killed her....

I'll miss this show.... By the way, does anyone know if there's a show like that ( Teenage mistery shows, like HP and Veronica Mars ) currently airing? No Canceled shows, please!

SecFruit_Brucas

[40]Sep 29, 2007
    • level: 16
    dublanet wrote:
    I'll miss this show.... By the way, does anyone know if there's a show like that ( Teenage mistery shows, like HP and Veronica Mars ) currently airing? No Canceled shows, please!

Umm...not so much for the detective, suspicious part but if your into like teen drama, Gossip Girl or OTH in January should make you happy.