HSM2. Discuss the Movie. **SPOILER**

nicesweetgirl36

[41]Aug 17, 2007
    • level: 15
    I thought the movie was great. The songs were so good. My favorites are "Gotta Go My Own Way" and "You are the music in me" My favorite parts were when Gabriela comfortedSharphay and Troy decided not to sing with Sharphay. This movie was better then the first.
    Edited on 08/17/2007 8:51pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

becaause

[42]Aug 17, 2007
    • level: 17
    i like Gotta Go My Own Way

she_is_wicked

[43]Aug 17, 2007
    • level: 19
    It sounded A LOT more computerized in this one. Like the voices were echoing when they were outside... your voice does not echo in an open field.

And the lipsyncing was terrible... Monique was always off and everyone . . .except for Zac, actually, was completely off at other times.

sweetmemi

[44]Aug 17, 2007
    • level: 17

The movie s*cked big time. I dont know wtf the writers were thinking.

The only good thing about it was Sharpay's b*tchiness and the song "I don't dance".

The rest was horrible and corny. I thought the first HSM was corny but HSM2 was beyond corny.

And wtf was up with stupid Miley Cyrus at the ending? That was horrible of adding her in the background dancing. There was no point of her being there.

Overall I give the movie 1.2/10.

Edited on 08/17/2007 10:14pm

gameraim

[45]Aug 17, 2007
    • level: 11

troy gets his mind controlled easily by anyone

purplebeads

[46]Aug 18, 2007
    • level: 2
    I loved this one so much better! I didn't like how in the first one it was all about Gabriella because I don't like her, so now this one's all about Sharpay. I love her!

coaster41395

[47]Aug 18, 2007
    • level: 42
    I loved this movie but what I didn't like was that Sharpay had a bigger role in this movie than in the other one.

goldensage830

[48]Aug 18, 2007
    Wow....I didn't think it was possible that it would be worse than the first one...it was. I thought the lip-synching was a off, none of the songs were memorable..the only semi-decent ones were the breakup song, and I enjoyed laughing at the "emo song". But none were catchy. And the plot was crap. The first one, however overrated it was, had a bit of charm in the campiness. This was just horrible.

thesuitelife44

[49]Aug 18, 2007
    • level: 13
    goldensage830 wrote:
    Wow....I didn't think it was possible that it would be worse than the first one...it was. I thought the lip-synching was a off, none of the songs were memorable..the only semi-decent ones were the breakup song, and I enjoyed laughing at the "emo song". But none were catchy. And the plot was crap. The first one, however overrated it was, had a bit of charm in the campiness. This was just horrible.

They lip sing?

goldensage830

[50]Aug 18, 2007
    Yes....the songs are recorded earlier, and they dance and lip-synch to them. It should give the illusion that the dancing and singing are happening together, but they did a bad job in HSM2, so it was obvious that they weren't singing while they were dancing.

she_is_wicked

[51]Aug 18, 2007
    thesuitelife44 wrote:
    goldensage830 wrote:

They lip sing?
    So when you sing outside your voice echos?

Of course they lipsync...

TvCrazy

[52]Aug 18, 2007
    • level: 10
    i loved this movie! my favorite song is bet on it.

when will we find out the ratings?

Tsuki_Kitsune19

[53]Aug 18, 2007
    • level: 5

Honestly I did like this movie more than its predecessor; ....but it had a lot more potential and I believe the hype made this movie more than what it could be. I liked the character growth shown, but it sucked that the ONLY focus was on Troy (and some Ryan and Sharpay towards the end, but thats it!?) unlike how the first movie focused on Troy, Gabriella, and eventually the whole school. Troy problem in the movie just happened to be (seriously it was scary) the problem I've been having all summer. College payments and future stuff... so it got points in my book for the realness of the problem; but then I thought pre-teens are the majority audience and would that even matter to them, but whatever.

Seriously if this movie was waited for, forover a year, then they shouldn't cut things out! Gabi gets into a fight/breakup-equivalent with Troy and suddenlyshe shows up like nothing happened?! Further supporting my theory that this movie is just Zac Efron fest staring Ashley Tisdale with some background characters >.> And I don't even want to know the other things cut out (significant to the plot; I feel bad for Monique that her moment was cut ).

But about the movie itself I wonder... Seriously Troy is all resistant to singing? Does that mean in HSM 1 he only did it for Gabriella, he didn't like it at all? Wow, that shatters the basis of HSM 1 >.> Well its good that he had a "fall" from his idealised image showing that he is indeed human (seriously what jock is that'perfect'?)I'mglad Ryan had some growth from his sister's shadow, but what was up with Troy getting mad at Gabriella and Ryan's time together and yet feel no guilt for his "golf lessons" with Sharpay? (He knew she could play golf he was caddying with her parents remember?) Gabriella needs more backbone, she letsTroy get away with too many things. (Yes, my favorite scene in the movie other than Troy yelling was when Gabriella confronted Sharpay )

Wow, I honestly did not mean for this to be a rant ._. man I might as well write a review for this movie!

Edited on 08/18/2007 11:02am

dennisdilov

[54]Aug 18, 2007
    • level: 7
    she_is_wicked wrote:
    It sounded A LOT more computerized in this one. Like the voices were echoing when they were outside... your voice does not echo in an open field.

And the lipsyncing was terrible... Monique was always off and everyone . . .except for Zac, actually, was completely off at other times.

I agree, it was really annoying. And another thing i didnt like was how they gave extras in the first movie bigger parts in the second movie, that really bugged me. But otherwise the movie was just o.k. Oh yea another thing that stunk was how they barely let Ashly Tisdale sing by herself. I mean she and Zac Efferon were basicly the two breakout singers in real life, and I think that sh could have had more solos. There im done.

nickel2006

[55]Aug 18, 2007
    • level: 48
    dennisdilov wrote:
    she_is_wicked wrote:

I agree, it was really annoying. And another thing i didnt like was how they gave extras in the first movie bigger parts in the second movie, that really bugged me. But otherwise the movie was just o.k. Oh yea another thing that stunk was how they barely let Ashly Tisdale sing by herself. I mean she and Zac Efferon were basicly the two breakout singers in real life, and I think that sh could have had more solos. There im done.

She practically sang by herself in Fabulous and in her version of You Are the Music in Me

WebDivx

[56]Aug 18, 2007
    • level: 3
    this movie was much better than the first. i loved the summer theme and the fact that school was out! yeah!
    Edited on 08/18/2007 12:38pm

she_is_wicked

[57]Aug 18, 2007
    nickel2006 wrote:
    dennisdilov wrote:
    she_is_wicked wrote:
    It sounded A LOT more computerized in this one. Like the voices were echoing when they were outside... your voice does not echo in an open field. And the lipsyncing was terrible... Monique was always off and everyone . . .except for Zac, actually, was completely off at other times.
    She practically sang by herself in Fabulous and in her version of You Are the Music in Me
    She didn't sing in the movie at all...at no point do you hear Ashley's voice
    Edited on 08/18/2007 1:07pm

Just_Jos

[58]Aug 18, 2007
    • level: 11
    It was okay, But I like the first movie better.

angelmercinary

[59]Aug 18, 2007
    • level: 10

I'm glad other ppl agree with me. This movie sucked BIG TIME!!!! I just rewatched the first one and the first HSM was so much better than this cheap, overly done, badly sung, piece of *is speechless*. Eventhough the first movie was really corny, and believe me it was corny, it at least had an understandable plot/flow and the ppl only sung at the climaxes of the plots. Now, they're just breaking out into song & dance for the sake of breaking out into song & dance. It's so pathetic and dumb.

My sister and I were practically booing at the screen half way through the movie. I was screaming "1 star, 1 star..." and my sister was countering "4 stars, 4 stars". Not because she liked the movie though, but because she has a soft spot for low-rated movies and this movie COULDN'T even live up to that. So we finally agreed that this movie deserved 0 stars. The only character that I kind of liked throughout the whole movie was Sharpay. This is sad since I really hated her in the first movie. And I feel like this movie wrecked Gabriella and the Gabriella/Troy pairing. It is a shame since that was my MOST FAVORITE pairing in HSM. They were so magical together with the whole "This could be the start of something new....blah blah blah". Now, I think Gabriella seems like a whiny and dumb character. Plus, the Gabriella & Troy kiss seemed so forced and tacked on at the end. It didn't seem like Troy even liked her half as much as she liked him. He was probably thinking about Sharpay or something. Meh!

The only people I can see who could of liked this movie are the Sharpay/Troy or Zashley fans since that pairing seemed to be plastered all over HSM 2. They'll probably make a HSM 3 where Gabriella becomes a b****, T/G break up, Sharpay goes in for the kill, and the two popular blonde ppl skip off into the sunset while Gabriella rots somewhere. *eye roll* In which case, all I have to say is thanks but no thanks. Ugh...I hate this movie so much. They destroyed one of my most favorite pairings and they turned everybody into superficial singing robots. Bleh...

Edited on 08/18/2007 6:17pm
    Edited 4 total times.

RoryMariano

[60]Aug 18, 2007
    • level: 5
    Stupid question I'm not sure what the country club's name is. Isn't Llama Springs?