HSM2. Discuss the Movie. **SPOILER**

PheElyForEva223

[61]Aug 18, 2007
    • level: 8

One thing that drove me crazy about this movie is that they messed with Troy and Gabriella's relationship so badly and did a lousy job of putting it back together. I mean they kissed, great, but it was so rushed. We never got to see what made Gabriella change her mind, and how she got his T necklace back. And we never actually got to see them make up, it was kind of just assumed through the song.

And they focused way too much on Troy and Sharpay. Troy's ok, but ugh, I hate Sharpay. Gabriella had such a small part and she's such an important person in Troy's life, in the entire movie. She was rarely there and rarely mentioned. And Gabriella? She was still good, but different in a way. Like it wasn't the same Gabriella we knew and loved in the first movie. Vanessa's a great actress,but they made her look bad in this movie. She wasn't able to live up to her full potential.

The movie was good, but it could have been so much better if they hadn't cut out scenes and rushed the storyline.

Edited on 08/18/2007 3:56pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

surfer-girl-02

[62]Aug 18, 2007
    • level: 19
    RoryMariano wrote:
    Stupid question I'm not sure what the country club's name is. Isn't Llama Springs?

I think its Lava Springs...not sure though

annyrb15

[63]Aug 18, 2007
    Ugh, I didn't like it. The songs were much worse. And I liked how they put more of Ryan in this one, but they put less Gabriella and Monique's character

angelmercinary

[64]Aug 18, 2007
    • level: 10
    PheElyForEva223 wrote:
    Gabriella had such a small part and she's such an important person in Troy's life, in the entire movie. She was rarely there and rarely mentioned. And Gabriella? She was still good, but different in a way. Like it wasn't the same Gabriella we knew and loved in the first movie. Vanessa's a great actress,but they made her look bad in this movie. She wasn't able to live up to her full potential.

The movie was good, but it could have been so much better if they hadn't cut out scenes and rushed the storyline.

Exactly! What was up with all those Sharpay & Troy scenes. It was so annoying, especially the one where Troy was imagining her in the wedding dress. Ugh!

As for Gabriella, she didn't even seem like the shy but bold yet mildly innocent Gabriella from the first movie. What happened to the Gabriella that could make Troy become speechless, weak-kneed, and happy all at the same time with one little smile? I miss that girl. In HSM 2, she was so...so...I can't even explain it. I reallly disliked her in this movie and her small role made it all the easier to under appreciate her role in Troy's life. I had to go back and watch the first movie to remember why I love them together.

I think I'm just going to forget I ever watched this movie and keep my sanity.

Edited on 08/18/2007 9:04pm

kittiekat10105

[65]Aug 19, 2007
    • level: 18

goldensage830 wrote:
    Wow....I didn't think it was possible that it would be worse than the first one...it was. I thought the lip-synching was a off, none of the songs were memorable..the only semi-decent ones were the breakup song, and I enjoyed laughing at the "emo song". But none were catchy. And the plot was crap. The first one, however overrated it was, had a bit of charm in the campiness. This was just horrible.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?! HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE IT?!?! YOUR INSANE!!!!! ALL THE SONGS WERE CATCHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE PLOT WAS AWESOME!!!! DID YOU HERE ME?!?!?! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I FEEL LIKE SAYING SOME WORDS I SHOULDN'T SAY!!!!!!! I'M CALLING A MENTAL HOME AND PUTTING YOU IN THE SPECIAL CARE UNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kittiekat10105

[66]Aug 19, 2007
    • level: 18
    sweetmemi wrote:

The movie s*cked big time. I dont know wtf the writers were thinking.

The only good thing about it was Sharpay's b*tchiness and the song "I don't dance".

The rest was horrible and corny. I thought the first HSM was corny but HSM2 was beyond corny.

And wtf was up with stupid Miley Cyrus at the ending? That was horrible of adding her in the background dancing. There was no point of her being there.

Overall I give the movie 1.2/10.

SAME GOES FOR YOU BUB!!!!!!!!! I'M TIRED OF PEOPLE DISSING MILEY WHEN THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW HER!!!!!! ALL YOUR PROVING IS THAT YOU ARE A COMPLETE AND UTTER JERK!!!!!!! YOU KNOW WHAT?! YOUR WOSRE THAN SHARPAY! YOU JUST PROVED TO ME THAT SHARPAY IS NOT THE ONLY ***** IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!! PLUS, THERE WAS A REASON MILEY WAS THERE!!!!!!!!!! PEOPLE VOTED FOR HER TO APPEAR IN THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!! AND THE WRITERS WERE THINKING THAT IT WAS A GOOD PLOT!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THEY WERE RIGHT!!!!!!!!! MENTAL HOME YOU'VE GOT ANOTHER PATIENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. WHO DO THINK YOU ARE?!?! YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW MILEY!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU JERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PheElyForEva223

[67]Aug 19, 2007

angelmercinary wrote:

Exactly! What was up with all those Sharpay & Troy scenes. It was so annoying, especially the one where Troy was imagining her in the wedding dress. Ugh!

As for Gabriella, she didn't even seem like the shy but bold yet mildly innocent Gabriella from the first movie. What happened to the Gabriella that could make Troy become speechless, weak-kneed, and happy all at the same time with one little smile? I miss that girl. In HSM 2, she was so...so...I can't even explain it. I reallly disliked her in this movie and her small role made it all the easier to under appreciate her role in Troy's life. I had to go back and watch the first movie to remember why I love them together.

I think I'm just going to forget I ever watched this movie and keep my sanity.

For the last few minutes, the time between Gotta Go My Own Way and Everyday, Gabriella seemed to be the last thing on Troy's mind. He only mentioned her once. But it seemed like he didn't even care that she broke up with him. It was like, the two most important things going through his mind was singing with Sharpay and making up with his friends. Honestly, if it weren't for the rest of the wildcats, Troy wouldn't have made up with Gabriella, at least not right away. And they never told us why she changed her mind. They never really fixed their relationship either. He never actually apologized to her, all he did was sing with her, and kiss her.

Gabriella is one of my favorite characters, and Troyella's one of my favorite ship, but Disney managed to screw both of them up in this movie by putting both in the side-plot. Yuck. Maybe HSM 3 will be better.

TvCrazy

[68]Aug 19, 2007
    i really can't say anything bad about this movie.
    I've watched it like 3 times and i think it gets better everytime i watch it.

sweetmemi

[69]Aug 19, 2007
    • level: 17
    kittiekat10105 wrote:
    sweetmemi wrote:

The movie s*cked big time. I dont know wtf the writers were thinking.

The only good thing about it was Sharpay's b*tchiness and the song "I don't dance".

The rest was horrible and corny. I thought the first HSM was corny but HSM2 was beyond corny.

And wtf was up with stupid Miley Cyrus at the ending? That was horrible of adding her in the background dancing. There was no point of her being there.

Overall I give the movie 1.2/10.

SAME GOES FOR YOU BUB!!!!!!!!! I'M TIRED OF PEOPLE DISSING MILEY WHEN THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW HER!!!!!! ALL YOUR PROVING IS THAT YOU ARE A COMPLETE AND UTTER JERK!!!!!!! YOU KNOW WHAT?! YOUR WOSRE THAN SHARPAY! YOU JUST PROVED TO ME THAT SHARPAY IS NOT THE ONLY ***** IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!! PLUS, THERE WAS A REASON MILEY WAS THERE!!!!!!!!!! PEOPLE VOTED FOR HER TO APPEAR IN THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!! AND THE WRITERS WERE THINKING THAT IT WAS A GOOD PLOT!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THEY WERE RIGHT!!!!!!!!! MENTAL HOME YOU'VE GOT ANOTHER PATIENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. WHO DO THINK YOU ARE?!?! YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW MILEY!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU JERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whao. calm down psycho.
    you make me laugh. are you an idiot? Sharpay is a character. And you're being a hypocrite. You say I'm a jerk b/c I don't do Miley and I'm dissing her, yet you dont know me and you call me names. Someone forgot to take their pills this morning. How old are you, 12? Little middle schooler? Calm down, take some pills and just rest. Crazy hag.

c0mm0nsense

[70]Aug 20, 2007
    My opinion, but I disagree with most of you because I thought this was way better than thefirst one. There were a couple more songs, and the songs were 10x better than the first one. I thought it was a lot more funnier especially on Corbin's part. There was a lot more character development within each of the characters which was cool. It was nice to see Ryan break away from his sister's hold. I thought it was a really good movie.

hsmfan07

[71]Aug 21, 2007
    • level: 11
    c0mm0nsense wrote:
    My opinion, but I disagree with most of you because I thought this was way better than thefirst one. There were a couple more songs, and the songs were 10x better than the first one. I thought it was a lot more funnier especially on Corbin's part. There was a lot more character development within each of the characters which was cool. It was nice to see Ryan break away from his sister's hold. I thought it was a really good movie.

I agree with you 100% this movie was a lot more dramaitc and appealed to many more people (ie: older teens)
    P.S. THIS IS AN HSM BOARD AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE MOVIE AND YOU ARE COMING HERE JUST TO BASH ON THEM, YOU CAN LEAVE! YOU CAN HAVE YOUR OWN OPINION BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE SO INCREDIBLY RUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jamus02

[72]Aug 22, 2007
    • level: 16
    This movie was ok, but not as good at the first one. The only songs that I liked were the first one and the last one. The first movie seemed more like a muscal than the second. The second seemed kind of like they were talking, and then they were singing. Sort of like sing talking if u will.

torontogirl98

[73]Aug 23, 2007
    • level: 19

I didn't really like the first one but this one was pretty good I really like ryan's character and glad to see more of him.

Also it lookedreally weird whenZac/ Troy did his solo dance/ song thing on the golf course was really strange and confused me

I was like everyone else wondering how gaberelia got the necklace and how she found out about the song but whatever

dracometeoslash

[74]Aug 24, 2007
    • level: 3
    I didn't think it was that bad -- I've seen it a few times, and I have to say that it's pretty good. The beginning and middle are set-up well, but at the end, they do rush Gabriella and Troy's relationship. I liked it had more than the first movie, but that's just my opinion. By the way, did anyone notice that almost all the scenes were extremely bright(Except for night scenes)? Wow, I don't know -- were the photographers trying to make it "happier" and less gloomy by making it brighter? That's something I don't get. For example, if anyone watches Hannah Montana, there's never a storm or a day with dark skies, it's just sunny -- every single day.

annyrb15

[75]Aug 24, 2007
    Yeah, it was overall good, but they really turned Troy gay this movie. He wore SOOO much make-up! And his song scared me lots! :[

smallvillerocks

[76]Aug 24, 2007
    • level: 5
    I really liked this movie a lot. I especially enjoyed how more characters were involved and that 1. Chad (Corbin Bleu) got to sing, and 2. that Ryan (Lucas Grabeel) got to sing with someone other than Sharpay. Personally, I think the dancing was good the first time around...even better this time. It was also rather refreshing to hear Zac singing as opposed to the blended voices that were recorded in HSM. 
    The movie really wasn't that bad. I can see why some wouldn't like it...especially if you didn't like the first one, but if you did like HSM, then HSM 2 is enjoyable because you care about the characters and want to see them find a way out of jams. 
    Lastly, from what I understand, Taylor was supposed to convince Gabriella to sing with Troy...but that scene got deleted (I just read that about five minutes ago). However, I just assumed that Kelsi had a talk with Gabriella before the group sang together, so that scene didn't bother me much. I had fun watching...and I'll probably buy the soundtrack when I get a chance, as well as the movie when it comes out on dvd. 

InflictedWounds

[77]Aug 28, 2007
    • level: 5

The movie's so-so. Way overrated. The first one was better. It got boring at one point too.

Also, what's up with Sharpay suddenly joining the gang on stage in the end? I mean, she sings with them and celebrates and suddenly she's on good terms with them? I really hated that part. Sure, Disney movies are supposed to have happy endings but where's the development?

HellOnEarth101

[78]Aug 30, 2007
    • level: 15
    smallvillerocks wrote:
    Lastly, from what I understand, Taylor was supposed to convince Gabriella to sing with Troy...but that scene got deleted (I just read that about five minutes ago). However, I just assumed that Kelsi had a talk with Gabriella before the group sang together, so that scene didn't bother me much.

Yup, there was a deleted scene, where Taylor and Chad go to Gabriella's house and convince her to come. I also have the 2 movie novels (teehee) and in the HSM2 book, it has that scene in there.

Camy99

[79]Aug 30, 2007
    • level: 7
    HellOnEarth101 wrote:
    smallvillerocks wrote:
    Lastly, from what I understand, Taylor was supposed to convince Gabriella to sing with Troy...but that scene got deleted (I just read that about five minutes ago). However, I just assumed that Kelsi had a talk with Gabriella before the group sang together, so that scene didn't bother me much.

Yup, there was a deleted scene, where Taylor and Chad go to Gabriella's house and convince her to come. I also have the 2 movie novels (teehee) and in the HSM2 book, it has that scene in there.

WOAH WOAH WOOOOOOAH HOLD UP.....THERE'S A BOOK??? ARE U SERIOUS?!! OMG IM SOOO GETTING IT!

blazingstone

[80]Sep 5, 2007

Uh, I don't understand what all the troyella people are complaining about. You got your couple back, right? Well, I agree that they were put back together in a really stupid way (the sudden singing with the white clothes and sky backdrop? Uh, okay). At least they were together in the end, right? (I don't really care much for Troyella, but I must roll with it if it's in the movie. Not hating on any shippers of that variety, though!)

I'm glad they jammed some more Sharpay in there. She's a b*tch. I love it. xD The movie made me want to hit her sometimes, but that's her job as the "villain".

The one thing that really annoyed me was how they took Troy away from Sharpay for the duet thing. That was the ultimate Sharpay smackdown for me. It was really a "Gabriella triumphs!!!" thing, instead of Troy and Gabriella reuniting. So, I thought that was a little mean - but I guessSharpay had it coming *shrugs*.

I personally think that the huge Zashley era caused the deluge of Troy/Sharpay scenes. Y'know, from way back when where Zac and Ashley did all those cute photoshoots together, where he guest starred on TSL, etc. They probably thought a lot of the people who liked that would appreciate their appearing together in the movie more. But what they don't know is... this fandom rolls with anything, hence the fact thatmost of it is composed of 8 year olds sighing over Zac.