Higher Ground

ABC Family (ended 2000)

spaci

Higher Ground Fan Reviews page 2 of 2

• this show was awesome!

I can't believe they took this show off the air! the actors were awesome, the plot was amazing, and all together the show was real! i could totally relate to some of the characters! I love this show even 5 years after it ended!:-)If you have never seen it, do everything you can to find it on tv!
  • I watch ALL THE TIME. Season pass on TIVO but the show is just BAD!

2.7
    I watch ALL THE TIME. Season pass on TIVO but the show is just BAD!THis is just a waste of time. Its quite bad acting! I just ccompletly understand why this was canceled. Its just like a teen soap. You know its bad but you have to watch it. But Its not that great
  • I absoltely loved this show!

I think it was a huge mistake to get rid of higher ground. i wish it would have stayed on the air. in my opinion back when it was on it was my favorite show! i know a lot of people liked it and even more would have if they would have given it another try. all they would have had to do was advertise it more and im positive they would have gotten more viewers. one of the main reasons why i loved the show was because it was different than any other kind of show that is on tv. now every show on the air is the same and we need a show like higher ground. i also wish they would put the episodes that were made out on dvd because i would really like to buy it!
  • Higher ground is about a group of kids that has some kind of problem in there life and there parents take them here!

This show is so good and i dont get why they stopped making it! I use to watch this show like a few years back and then it stopped coming on tv then they finally brought it back on another channel! I miss watching this show and i know everyone will like this show!
  • Why was it taken off air in the first place?

This show definitly had potential ... why they took it off air is a mystery. The show was about a school for misfits. It showed troubles they went through before they arrived there and sometimes how they acted up in the school. I learned more about why some kids act the way they do because of this show and if you are one of those problem childs then you might learn how to control yourself from watching this show. I also liked how they presented each case. I wish it would atleast be re-runed if it doesn't come out on dvd.
  • Higher Ground, a realistic fiction drama based on several teens' lives at Mount Horizon, a recovery school for drug abusers, razor users, and rockbottom all out losers.

I've seen reruns of this show on Encore WAM! and i have to say that it caught my attention especially with the super hot cast: Hayden Christiansen (Life As A House, Star Wars), Jorgito Vargas Jr. (Power Rangers Thunder Storm), and Joe Lando (Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman), etc. Follow these young teens and their counselors on a journey to find the right path and the strength to stay on it, but be prepared to follow them on the bumps too, meaning emotional breakdowns, temptations, and sexual interests. this show will have you biting your nails in anticipation, but the bleeding fingers is worth it for the surprising outcome at the end of every episode.
  • I want them to bring it back and it was real not fake !

Higher Ground was a show that was on the realer scale of tv shows ... its showed problems that are real in life. It showed how totally different kids can become friends or enemies. I loved the show for it ! I was able to see what some people have to do to get through life because of their situation. The show should be brought back because it was sooo good !! Hayden was amazing and his other cast members played their characters so well it made me emotional in watching some of the episodes. Especially A.J. Cook she did a great part as Shelby. If they get a dvd out i would sooo buy it!
  • Before reality TV became the 'hot' thing, higher ground was on puting reality into a fictious tv series on FOX (abc) family.

Teens make mistakes and its the job of Horizon to find out why and make them kick their addiction and go back to function 'normally' in society. Each of the kids have their own problems that range from step parents who take advantage of their children, to inner city kids who get in with the wrong crowd. Most of the underlying issues seem to be the teens parents who in one way or another ignored their childrens cry for help and forced them to turn to the wrong soloution.
    Mount Horizon is no ordinary camp or privet school. It's run by a man named peter who in his own teen years had a drug addiction and was 'cured' during his time at mount horizon. He goes through his own personal issues (like falling in love with his former girlfriend and now co-counclor and making amends with his own father). The group of teens that are known as the cliff hangers, is the group that the show focuses on although from time to time another character comes into play. The teens come to share their secrets and become better friends and confidents no matter how unlikly those friendships would have been in the 'outside' world. They have their own group sessions when they are forced to talk although they also can share during those excruciatingly long hikes (which are not always the safest...but when is life ever that safe) or other 'friendship' tasks such as the 'buddy hike' where two enimies are forced to tie twine around their feet and work togetehr to find a way out of the woods that they were stranded in (although they are always being followed by a councilor-in-charge).
    This show had all the aspects of a reality tv series (in fact i think a new show known as Brat Camp may be the 'real' version) but it was a scripted and so had the ability to become a show that could open up debates on teenage issues while still being amusing to watch and filled with cool stunts and extreme sports. From its cute cast (hayden went on to a lead role in the star wars first trilogy) to the love storys all the way to the relationship between students and teachers.
    It's a personal favorite of mine, and i'm sorry it did not get more seasons.
  • I love this show just for the fact, I know this probably sounds bad, that their lives are worse than mine!

This show has everything comedy, drama, love, hate and everything else you can imagine. Hayden Christenson is great at playing a corrupted kid trying to survive life. Jorgito Vargas Jr. is superb at playing the gansta trying to get by without his brother bringing him down again. A.J. Cook does a lovely job becoming the girl on the streets who just wanted to leave her house because of her stepfather. I HaTe the girl who plays Juliet, soo out there it is scary. The only thing I Hate beside Juliet is how the show ended soo quickly was it like a long min-series or did it get mad ratings. If it got bad ratings that is a complete shock because it is a great show. Anyway if you haven't seen this show you need to
  • WOW

This show is great. The actors seemed inspired by their rolls. I was all around pleased with this show..A simple truth to reality. The only thing I thought was wrong at all was that the show had ended. I hope in the near future they may try to do something like this again.
1 2 >