Higher Ground

ABC Family (ended 2000)

spaci

Higher Ground Fan Reviews (41)

• This show really got me! It's AMAZING

I started to watch Higher Ground when I was 14 years old, that was back when I had the channel WAM which would have Higher Ground on periodically throughout the week.

I have recently re-watched the entire series on You Tube even now almost a decade later I'm now 23 the show still affects me. It gets me right in my heart, it made me laugh, cry and feel the characters emotions all over again as if I was seeing the episodes 4 the first time!

Now if THAT isn't the hallmark of a fantastic show I don't know what is!

I watched Higher Ground because it was and still is a very dramatic and wonderfully acted show!

I loved all the characters of Higher Ground.

I really love the relationship between Scott and Shelby, by helping each other through their pain they connected and fell in love even more. Their relationship was one of my favorite ones on the show! It was amazing to see it evolve over the season. The conclusion of their relationship was extremely satisfying to me!

I think the work Hayden did in this short lived series as Scott is one of his best performances of his career!

He captured the pain, anger, and confusion of his character's awful situation so well on screen that every time I watch the show, my focus goes directly to him.

I loved how each episode focused a specific character's story and how at the end of each episode you not only feel like you've learned a valuable life lesson but you know that the character or characters have learned a lesson as well.

That is why I love this show so much because it has everything, drama, comedy, romance and valuable life lessons that truly I think captured real teenage problems.

I really think Fox Family Channel made a dire mistake to take this amazing show off the air!! I think that they should of given it a second chance!!

• That song just won't leave my head!!

I saw this show ages ago when it was on TV. Now I found it again on youtube, and I'm newly addicted. Problem is: I still haven't been able to figure out which song is playing in the backround in Episode 18 during the scene when Shelby says goodbye to Scott. I really hope someone out there knows the answer, because I haven't been able to figure it out...
  • amazing.

i love this show! it's not like what you see in TV nowadays. who knew that each character either had a crime spree, abused, or disorder, and yet deep inside they are so intrapersonal. when they talk about what they think, it really opens my eyes. they truly do have common sense. they also have really good vocabulary. and my favorite part of the show, is when after the theme song they put a quote. it differs on what episode you're watching. btw i love auggie! he was known for getting into trouble at his hometown. he has dyslexia, but i never knew he could be so caring and understanding. he's a really sweet guy. i like daisy and her comebacks at shelby ^_^

but it's sad that this show didn't made it for half a year. why did they cancelled it? it was so unique. all the good shows that i like are always gone right before my eyes.
  • Excellent show!

I never saw it while it was on the air, but I just recently got my hands on it, watched the first half of the season, and was pleasantly surprised. It dealt well with some pretty big issues, but had some fun while doing it, and felt a lot more real than other teen dramas like Dawson's Creek and The O.C. And it's completely packed with excellent (mainly Canadian) actors who've now gone on to bigger (though not necessarily better!) things. Especially good are Jewel Staite and Kandyce McClure, and I'd love to see Kyle Downes in something else. I can't wait to watch the second half!
  • Great show about a group of troubled and mis-understood teens that grow as indiviuals together at a "camp" where they discovery themselves and realize that life can be rewarding.

Great show! I really miss it! Hayden Christensen in his early days...soo adorable. No one but myself even knew about this show.....so glad that it's featured on tv.com! It featured an amazing cast of amazing actors. It truly portrayed the troubled lives of teenagers all over the world. There was a character that everyone could relate to...someone for everyone. I never knew why the show was cancelled....the promos and previews made it seem that the show was doing well. They should consider putting the show on DVD box sets. I'd most certainly buy it. Wish the show lived on longer than it did, too bad it ended in it's prime.
  • I miss this show so much! It was so amazing.

I miss this show so much. I happen to think that it was one of the best ever made. I mean it was so real in a lot of ways, which in itself is sort of freaky. When this show was on I was kind of going threw some hard times and it really helped me out. Jewel Staite was the best! I loved her character, but all the characters were well thought out, and interesting. The acting was fabulous I have not seen a more talented cast of teenagers before. I would love for this show to be brought out on DVD, because it was such a special show.
  • I want more!!

The first time I watched this show, I fell in love with it. It was an original show, with great actors and actresses that were thrown into the spotlight in a second. It is a shame that it was cancelled six months after its debut. It had a storyline that was good enough to go on for many years. For what I have been reading, it was a very popular show. If that is true, then why end it so quickly? Teenagers could relate to the story. Their problems were approached in this show and I guess that it helped a lot of troubled teens around the world. If it does not return, at least we will have in our memory that this was one of the best shows ever made!
  • i have only seen 3 reruns but i what i have seen is that troubled teens are sent to this place to get help and make new friends. alot of the teens get better!! shelby and scott both had bad pasts but they still fall in love and put aside there pasts!!!!!!

i loved what i have seen because it has things in it that are acutally happining to people. it also has a love story to it! i really would like it to be on dvd and if it cant then at least still play reruns because just when i was getting into it they took it off the air and so now i have no clue what happened at the end. so plz help and if not a dvd then play it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i know it was only one season but that season helped alot of people out and is in memory!!!!!!
  • When Scott a troubled teen arrives at the school for troubled youth, a tale is begun. A story of the power of love, and ability to heal.

There is just somthing about this show that tugs at the heart. Maybe it's that the healing that takes place, and the stories that are told are so real. While watching it you just cant help but being taken to another time, and place. IT's there where you learn the meaning of higher ground. A place where you can go to to truly heal. And that's what happens at HOrizons. I love the show, and I admit I love Shelby, and all the other chars. Watching them grow and heal touched somthing that was broken inside myself. I loved it so much that I made an rpg for it with my friend Jenny.
  • Amazing

Higher Ground was one of the shows that I couldn’t watch without feeling something, it not only made you think about the characters but also about yourself. That your not alone with your problems or that you know someone out there has a worse life then you. Personally this show portrayed some issues very well, I was going through some of them and just watching the show made me want to get help. I don’t know how many people were touched and somewhat changed for the better by this show but I hope it was more then just me.

It truly does need to come out on DVD.
  • This programme is absoulutly amazing, i couldnt of asked for anything better! Put it on DVD!

I Love this programme. Its so in touch with people. It reaches out to everyone whos ever had problems and is amazing.
    Its actually helped me with alot of things. I love it more than words could say.
    Ive never seen anything more enjoyable. Funny. Sad. Touching.
    It was definatly a winner.
    It should be brought back or clearly put on DVD.
    I can\'t believe this show isn\'t on DVD. It clearly should be. ITS AMAZING! It should\'ve got more attention, gratitude while on tv. I want it brought back. This review may not help you decided whether u love it or not but i hope it shows my passion for it. x x x
  • This show is awesome

This show is absolutley fabulous
    Mostly because of Hayden Christensen
    They should bring it back because it was actually an interesting show that revealed the real things teens go through not, Oh I got a pimple,Real stuff for real people. Plus If they do bring it back more people would watch it because it would be like a new drama. It would rock!!!!
  • PLEASE!!!! bring this show back or atleast put it on dvd!! this show has tough me things and what i wanna do with my life.i swear i love this show soo much i would do anything just please bring it back or put it on dvd!! thank you

• the show is about a bunch of misfit kids who are sent to a boot camp like school of reform.

The only thing that sucked about this show was that it got cancelled. I loved when I found the show again on the-n through my digital cable network. and was depressed when i no longer saw it on the channel. BRING IT BACK. THough i know the ensumble cast has made previous appearances this was the first time I had seen most all of them in anything. It was good seeing AJ Cook in Tru Calling two years ago and Jewel Staite in Firefly and of course Hayden in the star wars movies.

I totally wish they would have let this show grow into what it could have been.
  • Please put it on DVD.

This show was one of my favorites. It was a touching and real show. Not many are as true as Higher Ground. The acting was good, the story line was better. The show kept you laughing, crying, and oooing and ahhing over some of the hott characters. However the story was more than just a bunch of kids, it was a story of a bunch of teens just like you and I. As a college student I wish I had the show because every episode you could take something away from it to get you through the day. It reminded you that life is not perfect but that people will always be there to help you if you need it. I just hope it comes to DVD soon. I know a handful of people that would most definitely purchase it.
  • Higher Ground is about a bunch of troubled teenagers that have a choice to go somewhere with more punishment or to Higher Ground. Peter helps everyone with their problems. But through it all his problems decide to haunt him. He still makes it through it a

Higher Ground is the greatest show ever! I watched every episode and have them on tape. I think that it would have been great to know what happened next and to see Peter and Sophie get married. I also want to see what happens next for Shelby and Scott. I think that it Higher Ground had a great finale though. It was beautiful. And the ending was just perfect. I also think that another couple seasons would have been great. I couldn\'t stop watching this show. Just by watching one episode when I first discovered it I was addicted to it instantly. I think that this is a wonderful family program that anyone will enjoy. It will also teach people some very important lessons in life. I even got my boyfriend addicted to the show. We both love it and wish it would come back. This show is perfect and it has very good acting in it. Too bad it went off. I wish it would come back.
  • I really think they need to bring this show back, I watch it all the time and I have every episode on tape. I can relate SO much! They have to bring this back so other people can learn how to deal with they're problems.

This is one of the most amazing shows ever. They cover so much, not being able to have children, abuse and bulimia. I think it's great then other people can watch and maybe realise they need to talk to someone and although there isn't a Herizon or a Sophie or Peter they can trust, there is people like Sophie and Peter who will help. They really need to bring this show back, I miss it so much!
  • HIGHER GROUND WAS AN AMAZING SHOW

Higher ground was a show I use to watch everytime it was on. If I had a school like higher ground that I could go to when I really needed it I would have gone in a heart beat. I believe that higher ground should be put back on the t.v.
  • I say you need to bring it back because this show does help people in fact it helped me, so in my opinion you need to bring it back. Kids these days need to know that they are not alone and this is what Horizon taught.

Horizon, a geninue good show kids could change there lives and get better on this show. Thats what they need these days. The kids on this show defiently helped myself to get better, I mean I have my own problems but at least I could deal with it when it was on. Television shows for me are usually not that easy to follow but this show was easy. The show Babes in arms, I fall in love with it. One of my favorite all time episodes of the Scott and Shelby scene, I mean don't get me wrong I loved all the characters, Especially Jules, Juliette Waybourne was at least my second favorite. Sometimes its hard to explain why I liked it so much, but I did, and there isn't any changing that.

So in my wonderful words. Bring it back, I mean even if you have new characters it would still rock!
  • If I had had a school like this when I was a teenager, maybe I wouldn't hate my father so much now!

I've just started watching this show, but I'm already in love with it! The story line is unlike anything on television. I have no real idea why they would cancel this series. The charater interaction and dialogue is great. There are tears, humor, compassion, adventure and love all in one eposide every time I watch. Great job both actors and writers.
  • this show was awesome!

I can't believe they took this show off the air! the actors were awesome, the plot was amazing, and all together the show was real! i could totally relate to some of the characters! I love this show even 5 years after it ended!:-)If you have never seen it, do everything you can to find it on tv!
  • I absoltely loved this show!

I think it was a huge mistake to get rid of higher ground. i wish it would have stayed on the air. in my opinion back when it was on it was my favorite show! i know a lot of people liked it and even more would have if they would have given it another try. all they would have had to do was advertise it more and im positive they would have gotten more viewers. one of the main reasons why i loved the show was because it was different than any other kind of show that is on tv. now every show on the air is the same and we need a show like higher ground. i also wish they would put the episodes that were made out on dvd because i would really like to buy it!
  • I love this show just for the fact, I know this probably sounds bad, that their lives are worse than mine!

This show has everything comedy, drama, love, hate and everything else you can imagine. Hayden Christenson is great at playing a corrupted kid trying to survive life. Jorgito Vargas Jr. is superb at playing the gansta trying to get by without his brother bringing him down again. A.J. Cook does a lovely job becoming the girl on the streets who just wanted to leave her house because of her stepfather. I HaTe the girl who plays Juliet, soo out there it is scary. The only thing I Hate beside Juliet is how the show ended soo quickly was it like a long min-series or did it get mad ratings. If it got bad ratings that is a complete shock because it is a great show. Anyway if you haven't seen this show you need to
  • WOW

This show is great. The actors seemed inspired by their rolls. I was all around pleased with this show..A simple truth to reality. The only thing I thought was wrong at all was that the show had ended. I hope in the near future they may try to do something like this again.
  • I want them to bring it back and it was real not fake !

Higher Ground was a show that was on the realer scale of tv shows ... its showed problems that are real in life. It showed how totally different kids can become friends or enemies. I loved the show for it ! I was able to see what some people have to do to get through life because of their situation. The show should be brought back because it was sooo good !! Hayden was amazing and his other cast members played their characters so well it made me emotional in watching some of the episodes. Especially A.J. Cook she did a great part as Shelby. If they get a dvd out i would sooo buy it!
  • I am completely hooked!!! I hate missing an episode! Please put it on DVD! I want to own it so I don\'t have to worry about missing a thing!!!

This is the best show ever! It revolves around so many new issues! It was a shame that it got taken off! I felt it revolved too much around sex! But do you know what. That\'s life now so who cares! At least put it on DVD so the fans can watch them whenever they want! Come on!!!

HIGHER GROUND REUNION!! HIGHER GROUND REUNION!!! HIGHER GROUND REUNION!!!!
  • Why was it taken off air in the first place?

This show definitly had potential ... why they took it off air is a mystery. The show was about a school for misfits. It showed troubles they went through before they arrived there and sometimes how they acted up in the school. I learned more about why some kids act the way they do because of this show and if you are one of those problem childs then you might learn how to control yourself from watching this show. I also liked how they presented each case. I wish it would atleast be re-runed if it doesn't come out on dvd.
  • I love this show, I wish that it was not cancelled. At least not before a few seasons aired.

A school is open in a secluded area to help troubled teens. The show focuses on the highest risk teens. And it covers their stuggles of growing up, and how their pasts effect the way they act and how they act out. The stow shows real life, and the hard ships people, especially teens sometimes have to go through. The show shows how events that happen in peoples lives effect how they act day to day. And how they become the people they do. The drama was one of the greatest shows I watched, and hate the fact that it was cancelled, now all I can hope for is the DVD box set release. And I will be one of hopefully many to buy it.
  • A great little drama filled with people you know now, then!

This is what I like to refer to as a "knew them when" show. Mainly because it has so many actors who are famous today that weren't household names when they did the show. It had Hayden Christiensen pre-Anakin, Jewel Staite pre-Firefly (though with a dedicated fanbase, even then), Kyle Downes pre-Tudgeman, and AJ Cook pre-Final Destination and Criminal Minds.

That said, it doesn't mean that the show was bad. Far from it; it was a pretty groundbreaking for a show on cable. Every single character had a very deep and compelling storyline, from Peter's troubled past, to Sophie's endomitriosis, to each of the kids' several problems. It also didn't shy away from addressing teen issues like cutting and suicide, and even delved further into them to give possible insight at what might make a teen troubled. And it did so in a compelling manner that wasn't preachy (for the most part).

All in all, a very, very good and influential show that just happens to be a launching pad for quite a few promising careers.
  • The show is woderful it has great out look to show kids that dont have problems how the kids with problems act and why they have a hard time in everyday life. It shows meaning and how much the problems that most would find easy, are really hard to others.

Higher Groung is like one of the best tv shows there ever was. A show on teens and the problems that they have prblems with. It is a very real and life changing show. Growing up I lived with a lot of the same problems as the kids in the show ever though they were acting it still made me feel as if some one made the show because they knew that a lot of kids had problems like this so it let me know that i was not the only one out there. The show had heart break and love and lust and hope and it was an awesome show. Great show I wish it would come back.
< 1 2