Higher Ground

ABC Family (ended 2000)

spaci

Higher Ground Fan Reviews (40)

• HIGHER GROUND great show, but didnt like the path it took after EPISODE 4

The premise of Higher Ground was absolutely great (troubled teens going to an isolated from society school to work out their problems with peers and counselors) and like no other, and I really liked the show, but I didn't like the route it took after episode 4.

The characters were great, and all the actors did a good job (considering that all these kids had deep emotional problems) but the interactions that some characters had with the others sometimes got really annoying (namely Shelby, Auggie and Sophie).

I thought Scott (Hayden Christensen) and Juliette (Meghan Ory) were an absolutely perfect couple (one of the best in FILM in my opinion). I liked the show right off the bat (mostly because of Hayden), but once Scott and Juliette were together, I loved the show. I can't express how great they were together! I thought it was interesting when they broke up, but I figured that eventually they would get together again, I never suspected that that would be it between them! Anyway, after that, Auggie did not go well with Juliette and Shelby did not go well with Scott.

I also thought that Hannah was a great counselor and shouldn't have been cut and replaced by Sophie. I didn't like the love triangle between Peter the counselor (Joe Lando), Chloe and Sophie and always thought he should (and eventually would) just dump them both and get with Hannah.

That being said, the show was very good, but after EP 4 it when downhill in my opinion. If I had known, it should have stopped there at EP 4 (which was an extremely high point and good breaking point). BUT I would have liked a second season if it when back in the Scott and Juliette direction.

For me, the show up to EP 4 is a perfect 10. Up to the end, its a 7.