Highlander Forums

(ended 1998)

Highlander Movie Ideas

  • Avatar of beowulf579

    beowulf579

    [1]Sep 19, 2007
    • member since: 06/07/05
    • level: 59
    • rank: E-Company
    • posts: 1,241

    Ok....most seem to think the latest "The Source" is a wee bit lacking. So what ideas do you have?

    Highlander: Atlantis

    Is was mentioned once in the Highlander world that immortals may have been a community or tribe. In this movie it is proven to be true. Thousands of years before the birth of Methos the island of Atlantis was the isle of immortals. With the combined experiences of the immortals they made a wondrous place for both themselves and mortals.

    A powerful and corrupt immortal named Solon had other ideas. In a fit of rage he killed the eldest immortal of Atlantis by throwing him into an open lava pit. The quickening rose up and entered into any immortal within range...thus beginning "The Game". No immortal really had felt a quickening before this. The isle shook...the powerful quickening started a chain reaction that destroyed the isle. Very few mortals made it off the isle and even less immortals that day. As the mortals looked back they could see lightning and quickenings rise into the air and dissapate. These mortals would seach out for other immortals..at first to follow, but then to watch.

    In the not so distant past there is a legend that Mythos's mentor is teaching him. He claims to be one of two exisitng Atlantian immortals. He tells his young pupil of a immortal "well of souls" that contains all lost quickenings. The young immortal thinks little of this or his mentor and eventually kills him off.

    In the here and now, the well has been confirmed. Duncan, Methos, others and a certain last atlantian immortal are in search of the greatest edge any immortal could ask for; tens of thousands of immortal quickenings..for the one who can get to it first.

    *immortals, flashbacks, a interesting goal..Methos both good and bad, a ancient enemy....wouldn't this be a good plot or one close to it? What ideas do you have for a movie?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dragon22a

    dragon22a

    [2]Sep 20, 2007
    • member since: 04/23/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 2,044

    if they do what they did with highlander 2 and ignore the source then i think that a new mostly final movie should be made. taking into account some parts of the source

    in this one it would take place in present day, the gathering is finally here. few immortals remain and those that do have absorbed enough power to become even more dangerous. though immortals have hidden the game from humanity it is no longer able to remaina secret as with the finalebattle looming sothe fate of human kind hangs in the balance. like the first film the gathering is in new york

    kate is dead (which if the directors cut is not taken into account then she was dead in endgame) and so is amanda. the ladder being killed by that cop from the raven who became bitter over not having a choice about becoming immortal. duncan is haunted by dreams of amandas death which happened on their wedding day and the revege he took.

    Methos and joe have more trouble on their hands when a renegade watcher is able to bring all of rebeccas crystals together and unlocks the power of the source of immortality. he breaks his way into the game and begins to cut his way through the remaining immortals. Methos dies and his quickening is so powerful thatparts of the city are shaken to foundation. it quickley becomes apparent that only this immortal and duncan remain and the final battle will determine not only thewinner of the prize but the fat of the world foran eternity.

    it is revealed that there was once a being in time beofre written life even before methos in which a being held the power of the prize and that the power was not earned and to make sure that only the worthy held it the being created the game to do so.

    duncan tries and fails to kill this new immortal resulting in the destruction of his sword and a near decapitaion. he is saved by joe and fights to heal as he is near death. hiding innash antiques. in his haze he feels the will to give up. in his daze he remembers his days with richie and tessa as the best in over 400 years. he hears a voice of connor telling him that he is not alone that his clansman and the friends he has had along the way like richie and amanda and even kate are with him. when duncan wakes he sees that he has walked into connors round room.

    the movie will end with the final battle with duncan facing the immortal weilding connors sword and with duncan winning the prize. the prize is revealed as the ability to alter the world and reality. to help mankind understand and accomplish great tasks. and to find peace when jow asks him how he will use the power he says that he has the spirits of those he loves to guide him and that if he ever lost control he would do what is needed and create a new game.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HallowHearted

    HallowHearted

    [3]Oct 20, 2007
    • member since: 10/15/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 38

    Highlander The Maquerade

    In this film Duncan kills the last immortal, or so he thinks. As it turns out The Watchers are actually the oldest of Immortals. That is why they watch. At the head of this organization is Joe. It turns out that he has been Immortal since the time of the cavemen. He quickly dispatches of the wimpy Methos and his fellow horsemen. He and Duncan have a long fight. Duncan is good but no match for Joe. At the end of the fight Tessa returns (she is Immortal too) and cuts Joes frumpty old head off.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of asecooper222

    asecooper222

    [4]Oct 25, 2007
    • member since: 03/12/05
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 944
    HallowHearted wrote:

    Highlander The Maquerade

    In this film Duncan kills the last immortal, or so he thinks. As it turns out The Watchers are actually the oldest of Immortals. That is why they watch. At the head of this organization is Joe. It turns out that he has been Immortal since the time of the cavemen. He quickly dispatches of the wimpy Methos and his fellow horsemen. He and Duncan have a long fight. Duncan is good but no match for Joe. At the end of the fight Tessa returns (she is Immortal too) and cuts Joes frumpty old head off.



    That makes no sense whatsoever. Joe can't be immortal, because Duncan would sense it. And why did Tessa stay dead? Because she felt like it?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of beowulf579

    beowulf579

    [5]Nov 2, 2007
    • member since: 06/07/05
    • level: 59
    • rank: E-Company
    • posts: 1,241
    Lets hope that wasn't a serious idea.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of VanGriffin

    VanGriffin

    [6]Dec 28, 2007
    • member since: 03/23/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 480

    Aside from the Ideas in this thread, is there any serious talk about another Movie? The source seemed to wrap things up somewhat, thanks to mess of Highlander 2.

    Is another really possible?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TheOriginalman

    TheOriginalman

    [7]Jun 30, 2008
    • member since: 06/30/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 32
    asecooper222 wrote:
    HallowHearted wrote:

    Highlander The Maquerade

    In this film Duncan kills the last immortal, or so he thinks. As it turns out The Watchers are actually the oldest of Immortals. That is why they watch. At the head of this organization is Joe. It turns out that he has been Immortal since the time of the cavemen. He quickly dispatches of the wimpy Methos and his fellow horsemen. He and Duncan have a long fight. Duncan is good but no match for Joe. At the end of the fight Tessa returns (she is Immortal too) and cuts Joes frumpty old head off.

    That makes no sense whatsoever. Joe can't be immortal, because Duncan would sense it. And why did Tessa stay dead? Because she felt like it?
    Also the fact that Joe fathered a child eliminates him from being immortal. Besides, he'd never last long because of the fact that he has no legs.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ikonomous

    ikonomous

    [8]Aug 22, 2009
    • member since: 01/18/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 100
    the no legs thing is just priceless
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Stancheck

    Stancheck

    [9]Oct 21, 2009
    • member since: 10/22/09
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 5
    The most problems of the movies
    was every movie has an end without a return.
    I hope the Reboot Movie have an open end for
    sequels.
    And I hope Gerard Butler is the next Connor Mcleod
    (and the first true scottland actor) and the
    music comes from MANOWAR instead of Queen.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JohnnyDrama8

    JohnnyDrama8

    [10]Jan 6, 2010
    • member since: 07/17/07
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 475
    They are making a reboot of the original. On May 20, 2008, The Hollywood Reporter announced that Summit Entertainment is planning a remake of the original 1986 Highlander film. To be titled Highlander: The Reckoning, the script for the new film will be penned by writers Art Marcum and Matt Holloway, who both worked on the Iron Man film. Peter Davis will produce the new film. Kevin McKidd is in talks to portray the title character of Connor MacLeod.[8]Justin Lin the director of Fast and Furious has signed on to direct the remake. Vinnie Jones is said to have been cast as the Kurgan. Though it has not yet been confirmed. Filming has begun in the English countryside at the ruined castle of Old Sarum.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highlander_(2010_film)
    Kevin McKidd kicked ass in Rome and The Last Legion also Icould Vinne Jones as Kurgan
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of vietgamer45

    vietgamer45

    [11]Mar 27, 2010
    • member since: 03/28/10
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1
    dragon22a wrote:

    if they do what they did with highlander 2 and ignore the source then i think that a new mostly final movie should be made. taking into account some parts of the source

    in this one it would take place in present day, the gathering is finally here. few immortals remain and those that do have absorbed enough power to become even more dangerous. though immortals have hidden the game from humanity it is no longer able to remaina secret as with the finalebattle looming sothe fate of human kind hangs in the balance. like the first film the gathering is in new york

    kate is dead (which if the directors cut is not taken into account then she was dead in endgame) and so is amanda. the ladder being killed by that cop from the raven who became bitter over not having a choice about becoming immortal. duncan is haunted by dreams of amandas death which happened on their wedding day and the revege he took.

    Methos and joe have more trouble on their hands when a renegade watcher is able to bring all of rebeccas crystals together and unlocks the power of the source of immortality. he breaks his way into the game and begins to cut his way through the remaining immortals. Methos dies and his quickening is so powerful thatparts of the city are shaken to foundation. it quickley becomes apparent that only this immortal and duncan remain and the final battle will determine not only thewinner of the prize but the fat of the world foran eternity.

    it is revealed that there was once a being in time beofre written life even before methos in which a being held the power of the prize and that the power was not earned and to make sure that only the worthy held it the being created the game to do so.

    duncan tries and fails to kill this new immortal resulting in the destruction of his sword and a near decapitaion. he is saved by joe and fights to heal as he is near death. hiding innash antiques. in his haze he feels the will to give up. in his daze he remembers his days with richie and tessa as the best in over 400 years. he hears a voice of connor telling him that he is not alone that his clansman and the friends he has had along the way like richie and amanda and even kate are with him. when duncan wakes he sees that he has walked into connors round room.

    the movie will end with the final battle with duncan facing the immortal weilding connors sword and with duncan winning the prize. the prize is revealed as the ability to alter the world and reality. to help mankind understand and accomplish great tasks. and to find peace when jow asks him how he will use the power he says that he has the spirits of those he loves to guide him and that if he ever lost control he would do what is needed and create a new game.



    Very nice movie story and I love it. I also thought about a movie where Duncan MacCleod and Connor MacCleod face the most dangerous of ALL Immortals, Kalas and Kronos. I felt that Kalas was Duncan's equal in their ability to fight with Kronos being very close second. Kalas was very dangerous because he followed no rules at all. He would kill anyone who was a friend of Duncan MacCleod, regardless if they were Immortal or mortal. Kronos was very dangerous because he was willing to use all forms of destruction to get his way. My favorite episodes were the ones with Kalas in them. I guess my second favorite is the ones with Kronos in them. Both Ks were very dangerous and powerful, that even Methos could not defeat them.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.