Highlander Forums

(ended 1998)

Highlander The Source Premieres!!

Tawrens

[1]Sep 13, 2007
    • level: 7
    US Scifi 9pm Eastern 9/15/07 tomorrow sat
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Gislef

[2]Sep 15, 2007
    • level: 100
    Yeah, we're trying to work out if it should be listed as an "episode" or not. I have to admit, it's looking to me rather... Highlander 2ish.

And apparently we can't create show blogs right now.

beowulf579

[3]Sep 15, 2007
    • level: 59
    It was....different. No real flashback scenes. No year given for the events. They used computer backgrounds alot. It wasn't bad...but not what I really wanted to see. Don't want to say too much yet if no one else saw it.

makgambit

[4]Sep 16, 2007
    • level: 11

beowulf579 wrote:
    It was....different.

That really sums it up, especially the bad guy who quotes from pop culture.

beowulf579

[5]Sep 16, 2007
    • level: 59
    Yeah...that was odd. I could see a regular immortal living in and about the world and picking up on pop references. But a huge albino looking white guy that tends to blur when moving just doesn't seem the type to get a cup of coffee at starbucks or see the latest movie.

And what happened to the Watchers? Not a great of time seems to have passed since "Endgame" and this movie.

And Duncan's sword got broke and very little was mentioned to it. Throughout the series it seemed to be almost a friend to him. Now granted that Joe just died....but still..a little mention about it might have been nice.

Gislef

[6]Oct 1, 2007
    • level: 100
    Just as a note, as far as I can tell this was originally a theatrical release in Europe (thus the censoring of words, which wouldn't have occurred if it has been produced as a TV movie).

Then SciFi just snagged onto it and reaired.

Since movies aren't supposed to be listed here but at filmspot, I can't see it being listed here as a TV Movie.

mattgus

[7]Oct 3, 2007
    • level: 14
    i believe that the movie you speak of is the one i saw. i now am interested in the series. i had never watched b/4 (92-96 were not tv yrs for me)...i bought the 2nd season used last evening and am watching the watchers(1st ep)now. i'm impressed and looking forward to more seasons...i hope that missing the 1st season will not impair the process for me too much...and i'll keep an eye on the forum...anyone feel i should shop around for season 1 b/4 i get started,or will i get by seeing it when i can...i plan to watch the 2nd-6th in order ofcourse...

asecooper222

[8]Oct 6, 2007
    • level: 21
    mattgus wrote:
    i believe that the movie you speak of is the one i saw. i now am interested in the series. i had never watched b/4 (92-96 were not tv yrs for me)...i bought the 2nd season used last evening and am watching the watchers(1st ep)now. i'm impressed and looking forward to more seasons...i hope that missing the 1st season will not impair the process for me too much...and i'll keep an eye on the forum...anyone feel i should shop around for season 1 b/4 i get started,or will i get by seeing it when i can...i plan to watch the 2nd-6th in order ofcourse...

Avoid the 6th Season altogether. It's utter garbage; and don't make the mistake I did, buying the Raven on DVD. Use the money for Highlander: Endgame, the fourth movie that ties in with the series.

no1thinker

[9]Oct 7, 2007
    • level: 19

asecooper222 wrote:
    mattgus wrote:
    Avoid the 6th Season altogether. It's utter garbage; and don't make the mistake I did, buying the Raven on DVD. Use the money for Highlander: Endgame, the fourth movie that ties in with the series.

I tend to agree that season 6 wasn't that good. Season1wasn't very good either. I've got season1on vhs, that I want to get rid of. I've recently aquired the entire series, so I no longer need it. I've only watched, perhaps 1/2 of the season. Season 2 is much better & it continues getting better. As for the Raven, that was horrible. Only towards the end, did it start improving. By then, it was too late.

Edited on 10/07/2007 11:23am

siftybastard

[10]Oct 23, 2007
    • level: 19

I'm a purist. The movies (1 and 3) are the real highlander and end game ruined it for me. fans of the movies and show will know why.

I still enjoy the series, but Duncan is not THE highlander, to me.

katsmeow221

[11]Jun 15, 2008
    • level: 4
    Does odd describe this movie? Yeah, I guess, but sucked would also describe this movie! It had no business being associated with the Highlander name!

Timewhisper

[12]Jul 18, 2008
    Highlander the Source was truly horrible, and I loved the series, except for season 6.
    The plot was idiotic and the characters acted nothing like then characters in the series, even though the same actors played them. I was looking forward to this movie for a while too, but yikes it was awful.

Roneteus

[13]Jul 28, 2008
    • level: 11
    How much different is the Russian dvd release from the Panzer cut?

The Russian dvd sucked.. and it sucked hard.. I waited this movie for years and now.. : (

Timewhisper

[14]Aug 10, 2008
    I can't imagine any cut of this movie being anything but garbage.

Frankburnsflagg

[15]Sep 2, 2008
    • level: 13
    Timewhisper wrote:
    Yea it's a real shame... I never watched this movie, but from what I heard -- it sucked big time.

CaptainHarkness

[16]Sep 28, 2008
    • level: 23
    Frankburnsflagg wrote:
    Timewhisper wrote:
    Yea it's a real shame... I never watched this movie, but from what I heard -- it sucked big time.
    You have no idea.

Timewhisper

[17]Dec 13, 2008
    CaptainHarkness wrote:
    Frankburnsflagg wrote:
    Timewhisper wrote:
    You have no idea.

Showing this movie to prisoners would probably violate the Geneva convention.
    It's a real shame, the series was so great.