Highlander Forums

(ended 1998)

what is this show about?????????

jack756

[1]Aug 22, 2010
    • level: 14

i remember watching this show when i was younger im 19 now so u can tell how long its been.now since am older i can understand it more.im about to get this show on dvd but i was wondering what is it mosltly about?(even do i dont really know what it is i remember as a kid i love watching this show)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Gislef

[2]Aug 23, 2010
    • level: 100
    After reading the show summary, what questions do you have?

lmeyar

[3]Aug 23, 2010
    • level: 6

The series revolves around Duncan MacLeod, one of a race of mysterious beings born into the Earth by no known means. Adopted as orphans, they live normal lives until they die violent deaths, at which point they become Immortal. At this point, they cease aging and gain the ability to heal almost all mortal wounds. The one sure way to kill an Immortal is by decapitation, which unleashes all of the Immortal's life force. If nearby, another Immortal can absorb this life force, gaining the dead Immortal's essence and growing more powerful.

Immortals are destined to move through the world until some mysterious forces compels them to come together in "The Gathering" and join in one final battle against each other to the death. The last surviving Immortal is prophesied to receive some great prize, perhaps derived from the combined essence taken from all of the deceased Immortals.

I got that from the shows summary.

jack756

[4]Aug 23, 2010
    • level: 14

thanks i didnt even think about reading the show summary.i feel so dumb but thanks