Highlander

The Darkness

Aired Unknown Oct 23, 1993 on

• This episode is a very moving one as Duncan loses the closest person to his heart, but not the way we thought it was going to happen.

This episode starts as we see an immortal gets killed by apparently a mortal who cheats by turning off all the lights and cutting the immortal's head by using a device that enables him to see in the dark.

We then cut to Duncan and Tessa's life and somehow it is foreshadowing of what's to come.
    Duncan asks Tessa to marry him, but we the audience almost guess this marriage will not happen as we see in a flashback thata gypsy had predicted to Duncan that he would never marry.

Tessa gets kidnapped and we probably all thought that something was going to happen to her then. Of course we knew that Duncan couldn't die. After all he is the Highlander.

I think the most shocking part of the episode is that Tessa doesn't get killed by something related to immortals, but by a thief. Even though there was in danger everyday because she was living with an immortal, it is not that that kills her, but everyday life.

Another shocker is that Richie is an immortal! Who would have thought.

The last moment of the episode when Duncan remembers the moments he had with Tessa with the "Dust in the Wind" song byt Kansas, is heartbreaking.

The episode ends with one of the best lines out of Duncan, as he tells Richie: "Watch your head!"