Hikaru no Go

Eternal Rivals

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Oct 10, 2001 on

• Good first episode!

I've been holding off on this anime because it was based on go but have finally gotten around to it. Although the way that Hikaru no Go has opened up usually isn't a recipe for success--revealing the story before we actually get to even know the main character--it worked. We get to know the two main characters, Hikaru and Sai, pretty well very fast in such a short amount of time. Hearing about Sai's backstory and how his tragic life came to an end was interesting as well. Although I've never played the game before, the match Hikaru and Sai had with Akira had me entertained as well. Though Hikaru strikingly reminds me of Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh because of how unique their hair is compared to the rest of the cast.
  • Hikaru finds an very old game.

Hikaru while in the attic.He finds an old game.Which was an go board.When he opens it.He gets to meet an ghost name Sal.Who used to play with the game.Now he becomes part of Hikaru.Hikaru enters the tournement and he meets an expert go board player and winner name Akira.At first Hikaru,felt that he wont win.But with Sal's help he begin to win the game.Of course this got everyone surprise and Akira as well.Akira was shocked to see that Hikaru won.Since he was an beginner.

Yeah this was an great episode.I mean Hikaru No Go its an good anime
  • First Episode of English Dub. After 100+ years of Being Trapped in a Go Board, an Ancient Teacher of Go helps Hikaru in Go, and Histroy.

Though Hikaru has not played go Before (aside from small games here and there), he impresses Much more Expreinced players with his skills. I find it Funny how the Ancient Spirit acts in no way in the manner a ancient spirit is depicted (save for his go directions). Aside from Confusing me on wether or not he played before, I belive it is a good dubbing.