Hikaru no Go Forums

(ended 2003)

Anime vs. Manga

Do you like the anime or the manga more?

mangafreak15

[1]Dec 3, 2006
    • level: 19

I mostly follow the manga, and I was just wondering...does the anime follow the manga mostly or take a path of its own? Are things a lot different or pretty much the same?

And which one do you like better?¿?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vtommy

[2]Dec 3, 2006
    • level: 3
    I really want to thank my classmate for getting me into this show. Well there are differences but its basically just chapters mixed around a little, it still makes sense though and its pretty close to the manga. Also they took out the part when Hikaru challenges his grandpa to a game of Go (Which is funny by the way) and just goes directly to the part where he battles Akira in the Go salon. Just go to www.hikarunogoworld.com to find out more. Also Tetsuo's addiction to cigarrets is toned down. Thats just about it I think but the U.S. releasings still have a long way to go.

ensatsu-ken

[3]Jun 23, 2007
    • level: 19
    vtommy wrote:
    I really want to thank my classmate for getting me into this show. Well there are differences but its basically just chapters mixed around a little, it still makes sense though and its pretty close to the manga. Also they took out the part when Hikaru challenges his grandpa to a game of Go (Which is funny by the way) and just goes directly to the part where he battles Akira in the Go salon. Just go to www.hikarunogoworld.com to find out more. Also Tetsuo's addiction to cigarrets is toned down. Thats just about it I think but the U.S. releasings still have a long way to go.

Well, I've been reading the manga for this show and its certainly awesome. But from what you say about the anime closely following the manga's story line, it would seem to me that they would both be equal in quality. Although I'll be sure to watch the anime once I'm finished reading the manga .

paoros16

[4]Dec 1, 2007
    • level: 16
    I like both but when the anime goes off the main topic and does spoilers than I have to say the manga.

DaveJS124

[5]Dec 2, 2007
    • level: 54
    They are both really great, but I think I like the anime more, mostly due to the music and voice acting.