Histeria! Forums

The WB (ended 2000)

Criminally Underrated?

FanOingo

[1]Jul 2, 2007
    • level: 6

Back In the late 90's before the end of the classic cartoon revolution, Warner Bros. realeased a show that took on a subject that almost every kid,including myself,hated. History. This show took a different look at this subject and changed it into a funny and entertaining way to learn History. Unfortunately the show was very short-lived and only lasted for about 2 Seasons and 52 episodes.

About 9 years later, Histeria has grown to be a cartoon cult classic with Old-School cartoon fans such as myself. But this topic is to discuss on our favorite moments and also the title of the thread. But this is my opinion on why the show was short-lived.

Many people have different opinions on how History happened and apparently what the show was saying pissed people off. Why do so many people have to take a cartoon so seriously? Cartoons aren't a political subject. They are created for entertainment. Sorry for the rant. But this is my feelings on the matter. That's probably why you don't see other shows like Tiny Toon Adventures, Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, and Freakazoid anymore.

Anyways, Discuss the matter.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Foggle

[2]Jul 3, 2007
    • level: 18
    I vaguely remember this show, except for the fact that it was hilarious. Definitely one of the most underrated cartoons of all time.

OrangeOctopi

[3]Nov 23, 2007
    • level: 16
    Yes, this show was definately underrated

WaffleFalafel

[4]Nov 28, 2007
    • level: 8
    I miss this show!! Lucky Bob and Big Fat Baby own.

NintendoMaximus

[5]May 18, 2008
    • level: 10
    I'll say this show definitely deserved more recognition and fame. WB Animation fans never seem to bring this show up in conversation like they do "Animaniacs" and "Freakazoid!", Cartoon Network never picked up the reruns for some reason, and whenever Warner Home Video gets into those chat sessions on Home Theater Forum, no one thinks to ask them about "Histeria!" (Hopefully, that will change this year.) And that's a shame, because this was clearly the best new show on Kids' WB! in the fall of 1998. If Warner Bros. decides not to release this show on DVD just for being underrated even though they have no problem putting out DVDs for shows that nobody really likes (i.e. "Loonatics Unleashed"), they have no excuse.