Hogan's Heroes Forums

CBS (ended 1971)

favorite HH moment?

Younggun135

[1]Feb 12, 2007
    • level: 1
    mine is on the episode " The flame grows higher" when Hogan drives of in the truck.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mishers

[2]Feb 14, 2007
    • level: 3
    mine would have to be in "The Commendant Dies at Dawn" when Schultz is telling Klink about all the people who volunteered to shoot him. 

TVEXEC

[3]Feb 14, 2007
    • level: 5

My favorite scene from all 168 episodes is from "War Takes a Holiday" (Episode 83) when Klink asks Schultz what his plans are, now that the war is over:

Schultz: I miss the factory.

Klink: What factory, Schultz?

Schultz: The Shatze Toy Factory.

Klink: You worked for Schatze? They're Huge! Do you think they'll give you a job?

Schultz: No. I own the factory!

And another nice touch is at the end when Schultz says to Hogan, "You know, Col. Hogan, even though we're enemies, I think of you as my friend!"

12Shadow12

[4]Feb 26, 2007
    i forget waht the episode is called but i think it is season three when hogan sneaks out of camp and finds Schultz asleep and snoring on duty and closes Schultz mouth and Schultz still asleep says "thank you leapshis" hogan sneaks away and Schultz suddenly wakes up looks at the german sheperd bismark and says no it couldnt be and goes back to sleep.

mishers

[5]Feb 27, 2007
    lol yeah thats a good one

dougalderman

[6]Mar 2, 2007
    • level: 34

I have seen every episode countless times and am at a loss to find one particular moment as a favorite.  I have always been partial to those where Hogan cons Klink into giving over complete control to the prisoners, though.  A couple of great examples are when Hogan portrays the Kommandant and Klink wears Hogan's uniform, and when Klink finds himself on a train headed for London, playing an American. 

Priceless moments, but there are so many more...

cowboy2831

[7]Jul 14, 2008
    • level: 16
    The Gonculator episode is a riot.

GarrisonSkunk

[8]Jul 26, 2008
    • level: 27

I like the Col Crittenton episode in which Hogan gets transferred out of camp and realizes he's to travel over a bridge set for demolation; his reactions are priceless as he sees attempt after attempt to stop the convoy fail.

Another good episode is "Swing Shift" with Newkirk almost getting drafted into the German army.

lecagr

[9]Jul 28, 2008
    No favorite moments for me as I'm not a fan of the show. I generally don't care for military sitcoms, I find them to be silly and over the top for the most part. One military sitcom I find mildly amusing is Gomer Pyle USMC. Jim Nabors and Frank Sutton are funny in that show.

jadeanna

[10]Jul 30, 2008

Favorite scenes for me are hard to decide most of the time, but, I'd have to say parts of Episode 140: "Six Lessons from Madame LaGrange" were excellent. =3 Namely, when Major Hochstetter forced LeBeau (a.k.a. Madame LaGrange) to give him a dancing lesson.

Hochstetter: (pulls out gun) Take your choice, eh? Waltz, Foxtrot, or shot as an escaping prisoner?

And, later,

LeBeau: Now. You hold this hand, and you put your other hand on my hip.

Hochstetter: Must I put my hand on your hip..?

LeBeau: If you think I'm going to dance cheek-to-cheek with you, you're crazy.

ColREHogan

[11]Aug 10, 2008
    I have several favorites: Hogan Go Home, Happy Birthday, Dear Hogan, Bad Day in Berlin, Two Nazis for the Price of One & General Swap. There are probably others, but these are the ones that stand out. Of them all, I think it's a toss-up between Two Nazis for the Price of One and General Swap. In General Swap, Hogan is verbally attacked and called a traitor by a General named Barton. Hogan is very hurt by the General's comments but helps him escape anyway. In Two Nazis for the Price of One, this one shows the closeness and loyalty of Hogan's men towards their commanding officer. They are all ordered by London to shut down their operation when its discovered that Gruppenfeurer Frietag knows about them. However, when Hogan discovers Frietag knows about "The Manhattan Project" he decides he can't leave and for the men to leave without him. To nobody's surprise, the men refuse to leave without their Colonel.

Timewhisper

[12]Mar 1, 2010
    • level: 7
    There are so many, off the top of my head I loved the scene in "The 43rd, a Moving Story" where Klink is explains to his new 2nd in command that he didn't could 2 of the escape attempts because they were made by his guards.