Hogan's Heroes Forums

CBS (ended 1971)

New End?

jeremie10

[1]Nov 27, 2006
    • level: 9
    If the show did have an end, what do you think would happen?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

12Shadow12

[2]Nov 28, 2006
    • level: 3
    the war would be almost over and Hogan and his men would probably escape.

SLZCwatcher

[3]Nov 29, 2006
    • level: 10
    The war (in Europe) would be almost over and then the men would want to stay, but they would receive direct orders to escape. Then they plan a mass escape and go to the Allied lines. They find out that there was going to be an attack on Stalag 13 and they would be torn with the decision to obey orders or help their German friends who work there...because they would all die. They decide to go back to warn certain Germans. They tell Klink who warns them that he must have them arrested and shot. Then Hogan reasons with him that if he is here when the attack comes, he will be killed. Klink, the coward that he is, realizes this is true and decides to go back with them. They also tell Schultz and together they take them out the tunnel. They go back to America...or wherever they are from...and live happily ever after, still staying in contact with each other.

jeremie10

[4]Nov 29, 2006
    • level: 9
    SLZCwatcher wrote:
    The war (in Europe) would be almost over and then the men would want to stay, but they would receive direct orders to escape. Then they plan a mass escape and go to the Allied lines. They find out that there was going to be an attack on Stalag 13 and they would be torn with the decision to obey orders or help their German friends who work there...because they would all die. They decide to go back to warn certain Germans. They tell Klink who warns them that he must have them arrested and shot. Then Hogan reasons with him that if he is here when the attack comes, he will be killed. Klink, the coward that he is, realizes this is true and decides to go back with them. They also tell Schultz and together they take them out the tunnel. They go back to America...or wherever they are from...and live happily ever after, still staying in contact with each other.
    Do you think Klink would go to Palm Springs?

mishers

[5]Nov 29, 2006
    totally
     lol thats a hilarious episode

SLZCwatcher

[6]Dec 1, 2006
    • level: 10
    Well, he is a big coward, so he wouldn't want to be killed. And he would realize that his only friend he had in camp, besides Shultz, was Hogan.

kb54543

[7]Dec 3, 2006
    • level: 1

i think if they ended it right the sherman tanks should roll up on stalag 13 liberating the camp then hogan would show klink and burkhalter the base under the camp ! then hogan would present klink with a medal for helping the allies!

i'm glad that paramount decided to up the release dat to dec from febuary for the 5th season. i have almost every episode recorded from the early 8-'s reruns and some from columbia house but these new dvd releases remastered show it like never seen beforethe uniforms and the barracks and even klinks office is much better detailed and colors!

dtf955

[8]Feb 16, 2007
    • level: 11

Depends why and when.

I've written a number of fan fictions ("Me" on fanfiction.net), including one which ends it like I picture an episode, "The green Green Grass of Home." I won't tell you who the Hitler Youth is assigned to Hogan's barracks, let's just say he's worked with Hogan before in one of my stories, rebelling against his dad's insistence that the family remain neutral in everything. :-) And, it ends with everyone liberated and Klink and Burkhalter being shown the tunnels, as one person said.

However, how they would have ended it depends. John Banner died only a couple years later. If it's any time after that they'd be hard pressed - he was one of the keys to that show.

But, let's say they give it the MASH treatment and do 1/2 more season, I think they'd wrap it up with some closure for each of the semi-regulars like Crittenden, have some episodes explaining why Kinch isn't there sometimes, and the end would have them blowing the place up and everyone escaping.

If they made it after Banner and Crane died, well, they'd probably just recast. (LIke a 15 years annivesary or something.)

The later they tried it, I think the more likely it would be straight action adventure. Think about it - if Schultz is gone, ou have to play up the individual heroes a lot more, maybe have Schultz's family being rescued as part of a promise to him. If it's without Banner or Crane, you have to write in stuff where Hogan went missing on some dangerous assignment, and I can just imagine them trying to paint Hogan as a war hero who died saving his men - and we never see him on screen. And today? With everyone recast, Schultz would be shown to be not just willfully ignorant but playing along with things, Klink would be shown to be working against the Nazis (and maybe Burkhalter! Klink has been very well done by Eva (E.M.) Seifert, Burkhalter by some fan fiction writers), and you'd probably have some acknowledgement of the Holocaust by someone being shown to be a Righteous Gentile hiding and helping Jewish people. (I've had it be Mrs. Schultz myself, Eva has Klink doing so)

You know, the cool thing about such a story is that it *could* be true. There are enough little pieces that Klink *could* have been working against the Nazis in secret. Burkhalter (though less likely) *could* have been funneling all those people to Stalag 13 knowing Hogan was there as Papa Bear. Schultz was certainly a Social Democrat and not a Nazi (And one of my stories has his family as members of the Confessing Church - as one of his little ones says, "The one we do not go to.")

Done right, it could be not only a very good story, but it could reveal some hidden truths about the people, and thus show the Germans to not be as dumb as one suspects.

Edit: One thing I forgot. I'd try to have Crittenden and Marya become a couple at the end, just because I think it'd be really funny and the 2 deserve each other :-) Someone should write fan fiction about that.

Edited on 02/16/2007 3:59pm

dougalderman

[9]Feb 16, 2007
    • level: 34

dtf955 wrote:
    Edit: One thing I forgot. I'd try to have Crittenden and Marya become a couple at the end, just because I think it'd be really funny and the 2 deserve each other :-) Someone should write fan fiction about that.

You have a very interesting imagination. Of your thoughts, I like Crittendon and Marya as a closing couple best.

12Shadow12

[10]Apr 26, 2007
    SLZCwatcher wrote:

shultz would goo to san fransisco

jopy666

[11]May 10, 2007
    • level: 12
    "shultz would goo to san fransisco"

that is very offensive.

Zebra_3

[12]May 20, 2007

Hogan did say that he'd be leaving Stalag 13 through the front gate and so I imagine him and his men meeting allied tanks there.

Based on the ep. War Takes a Holiday, I imagine Schultz returning to his toy company with Klink possibly brown nosing him for a job.

wedgeantilles54

[13]May 20, 2007

well heres my thoughts

The Allies will show up and liberate the camp as many people have suggested. Unlike others i think it would be funny to have Patton in the lead and  he confronts Klink, in what turns out to be hilarious confrontation and then after a while he tell Klink that he was a great help to the allies war effort and along with Hogan shows him the tunnel network and the reports from Hogan and co to the allies

Also Hochstetter has been caught by the Allies and is sitting in a prison camp wait to find out will happen to him, and Hogan shows up and tells him he has something to show him and he takes Hochstetter and General Burkhalter on tour of the tunnels along with the troops guarding them, and there should be some snappy line in there like Hogan telling Hochstetter "You where right all along, but you could you never prove it".

Schultz will of course be involved somehow probably being around when Klink meets Patton and he has some interaction with him too, and then he starts making plans to get his toy company up and running again possibly offering Hogan and the others jobs or asking for there help to expand the business outside of germay 

Edited on 05/25/2007 5:51am

alanr4447

[14]Jun 10, 2007
    My thoughts were that perhaps the Gestapo gets a lead on Hogan's activities, and in a turning of tables, sets up an elaborate deception to make Hogan think the war is over, and tricking him into revealing the tunnel system to Hochstetter, Burkhalter and Klink. Then just as things are about to hit the fan, the camp is liberated, and the careers of Hochstetter, Burkhalter and Klink are over in disgrace.

I like the idea already mentioned that, as a 'footnote', Schultz returns to his toy company, with Klink as his brown-nose underling. (And Klink is now married to Gertrude Linkmeyer!)

Meanwhile, Hogan makes a killing after the war by turning Stalag 13 into a tourist attraction!

clkidisme

[15]Oct 9, 2007
    Yes, I think that Hogan would show the tunnels to Klink, Shultz, Bulkharter, ond Hochteter.

lockyfan

[16]Nov 6, 2007
    • level: 1
    I think the best ending would be that they all find out that the war is almost over and all leave through the tunnels.

Hogan is last out (because that is where the leader is, least out0 and he is caught going down the tunnel by Hocksteter. The others realise he is not behind them, run into a group of Americans marching down the road to liberate the camp.

Meanwhile Hogan faces the Gestapo and tells them everything (he might as well, everyone else is gone but him and he knows the war is almost over). He and Klink are then sentenced to death via firing squad.

Just as they are about to be shot the americans turn up and liberate hogan and Klink. Hogan standing there with that smile he gets.