Hogan's Heroes Forums

CBS (ended 1971)

this would be a great show to remake into a current movie!

kb54543

[1]Dec 3, 2006
    • level: 1

they should make a hogan's heroes movie llike they did with dukes of hazard and miami vice recently! but they should not let the guy who trys to play hogan/bob crane in the movie auto focus ever play hogan again he was terrible! i think vince vaugn would make a great hogan in a remake he is funny in a similar way in his many roles! and i think richard dawson is still alive he would make a gret cameo appearance! i love this show it was a shame that it only went to the 6th season the cast works amazingly well together!

i can't wait till the 19th to buy season 5 but at the same time im kinda sad because i know there is only one more release to go season 6 which is a short season!

i vote this one of the alltime greatest shows ever! another old show i liked was the honeymooners jackie gleeson was excellent in that, and they did a good job remaking that show into a movie as well cedric was really good in the remake and gabriel union is the hottest although the original alice really wasn't that hot they outdid themselves using her as alice in the remake that alone made me go see it!

i wish they had some lost footage or episodes previously unreleased of hogan's to release it was too bad about what happened to bob crane they couldn't do one of those reunion shows and to make matters worse the guy everyone knows who killed him got away with it but nobody can kill his comedy as it is still popular today!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SLZCwatcher

[2]Dec 5, 2006
    • level: 10
    I don't think they would make it into a movie because it is "politically incorrect". Don't think that I think that, because I don't. I am just stating what some people think. Also, I don't think they could make it as funny as the TV show was. That is probably a physical impossiblity.

dougalderman

[3]Dec 24, 2006
    • level: 34
    kb54543 wrote:

it was too bad about what happened to bob crane they couldn't do one of those reunion shows...

Not to mention the fact that the cast members are / would be extremely old today, if still with us. At last check, only Robert Clary (LeBeau) and Richard Dawson (Newkirk) were still alive. Klemperer, Askin, and Hovis all passed away relatively recently.

Zebra_3

[4]Feb 3, 2007
    • level: 12
    Enough already with the crappy remakes!

Mad_Buck

[5]Feb 20, 2007
    • level: 79
    dougalderman wrote:
    kb54543 wrote:

it was too bad about what happened to bob crane they couldn't do one of those reunion shows...

Not to mention the fact that the cast members are / would be extremely old today, if still with us. At last check, only Robert Clary (LeBeau) and Richard Dawson (Newkirk) were still alive. Klemperer, Askin, and Hovis all passed away relatively recently.

Ivan Dixon, Nita Talbot, Arlene Martel, Sigrid Valdis, and Bernard Fox are all still alive.  I'm not sure about Kenneth Washington.

Edited on 02/22/2007 7:25pm