Hogan's Heroes Forums

CBS (ended 1971)

Very strange series had its funny moments

SoylentYellow

[1]Nov 8, 2006
    • level: 21

Nothing like it will ever be made again - in this politically correct era I doubt a series like this would get beyond a single page outline.   If it were made today protesters would be out in force.  

But they did prove that even homicidal, genocidal Nazis could be funny.  Im suprised they didnt try a spinoff set in the Japanese POW camp - can you imagine the jokes with prisoners sticking chop sticks up their noses and squinting their eyes and saying "Some ting wong weeth this fewd!!"

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mojo7600

[2]Nov 9, 2006
    • level: 2
    It seems to be politically correct to bash Hogan's Heroes nowadays. How long is this politcally correct nonsense going to last? It's starting to piss me off.

mishers

[3]Nov 10, 2006
    • level: 3
    same

dougalderman

[4]Nov 11, 2006
    • level: 34
    mojo7600 wrote:
    It seems to be politically correct to bash Hogan's Heroes nowadays. How long is this politcally correct nonsense going to last? It's starting to piss me off.
    Did you see how the U.S. elections went last week? Get comfortable.

giantsfan2401

[5]Nov 13, 2006
    • level: 4
    I thought that this show was (is) a riot. Does this make me politically incorrect? I hope so! I'd hate to have to feel superior to everyone, kinda like the NAZI's that Hogan laughes at!

12Shadow12

[6]Nov 13, 2006
    i totaly agree man it is really really anoying.

SLZCwatcher

[7]Nov 29, 2006
    • level: 10
    I am glad that it is politically incorrect. It made it funny and that is something that doesn't happen today. Today everyone is so scared about offending someone that they follow too closely to "political correctness". It is getting annoying and watching Hogan's Heroes is a break from that I greatly appreciate.

mishers

[8]Nov 29, 2006
    totally.  There's a new movie out called the Nativity(story of Jesus) and in Chicago they might ban if from being advertized cuz it might offend someone.  I never saw anyone complaining when the Da  Vinci Code came out and started bashing the christians

SLZCwatcher

[9]Dec 1, 2006
    • level: 10
    yah...and in Chicago they already have a Christmas party that they do in the streets.

Ramona87

[10]Dec 21, 2006
    • level: 9
    I love this show. And I love that it is politically incorrect. Due to the fact that I am German, history teaches me more than anyone else how indescribably horrible the Nazis were and that it may not be my fault it happened, but it is my responsibility as well as everyone else's to make sure nothing like it ever happens again. However, Hogan's Heroes somehow provides a small change, some laughter, and a little relief. I think it's important to see the absurd and enjoy the show for what it is.

dougalderman

[11]Dec 23, 2006
    • level: 34
    Ramona87 wrote:
    but it is my responsibility as well as everyone else's to make sure nothing like it ever happens again. However, Hogan's Heroes somehow provides a small change, some laughter, and a little relief. I think it's important to see the absurd and enjoy the show for what it is.
    Agreed on all. The show tastefully makes light of a horrible time in history, all the while focusing on humor (not horror) and dealing delicately with historical events. It remains one of my all-time favorite shows on so many levels.