Hogan's Heroes Forums

CBS (ended 1971)

Who do you think was Nimrod?

Who do you think was the superspy Nimrod?

dtf955

[1]Jun 17, 2007
    • level: 11

I won't run gobs of polls - I don't have time to even strt a huge thing other than the one story I'm doing, which is really based off something I wrote 10 years ago, and won't be back here to check ont he voting. However, I did want to check this board's opinion on who Nimrod might be.

E.M. (Eva) Seifert wrote a few good books (I stopped reading after the 3rd, I think it was, as it got too sad with how some Allies acted at the end of the war) with Klink as a spy. It never seemed to me like he was capable of that, though - just like Burkhalter thought. Schultz, too; he might have been with something like the Confessing Church, we know he was with an outlaw party, the Social Democrats, but even with the major stuff in a couple stories I wrote, it's his wife who runs the operation, and Schultz would never have access to the things Nimrod would need, anyway.

I never thought Burkhalter looked possible, but after reading some fanfiction from others, I have to admit the idea has grown on me a little. he sends lots of people to Stalag 13. He puts up with Klink and the others. yes, he threatsn to send Klink or Schultz to the Russian front, but even then, he either would: A. Known Hogan would find a way to get them off the hook; or, 2. Have someone else in line. A few things still make it seem uplikely and would have to be explained. But, that would make cool fanfic.

Hilda was who I thought it was when i first saw that episode. First, who would suspect a woman. Second, why couldn't she have another job? No, she doesn't actively help Hogan, but coming too close to other agents would be quite risky. It was in her desk, and what Gestapo person would look there? They think it's a post only strong enough for a man, I thought, but it's made for a woman.

Or, is it someone else. Hochstetter isn't even on my radar, I don't think; I suppose it's possible, though. However, someone else could have snuck them in, just supposed to be dropping things off for Klink.

Edited on 06/17/2007 10:59am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Mad_Buck

[2]Jun 18, 2007
    • level: 79
    It's not Hilda. She was just a bimbo secretary who spread her legs for Hogan every now and then. There was never anything on the show to indicate she was anything more than that. Not Hochstetter either because he was an ardent Nazi Schultz and Klink were too stupid to be a master undercover agent unless they were putting on a really good act. My vote would be Burkhalter. He knew about all the underground activity in the Stalag 13 area. That's why he always left Klink in charge of the camp. He knew Klink was incompetent and could never figure things out. Sure, he'd threaten to send him to the Russian Front every now and then but that was just for show. When you get right down to it, Burkhalter is the only choice that really makes sense as Nimrod given what we know about the characters from the show. On the surface he appeared to be just another cocktail party general but you always got the feeling that there was a little more depth to him underneath all that bluster.
    Edited on 06/18/2007 8:04am
    Edited 2 total times.

BrionyCoote

[3]Jun 14, 2013
    • level: 12
    I don't think it's Klink because when he was confronted with the accusation he didn't exactly say, "Okay, so you've got me!" He acted in complete surprise and confusion. It was unlikely to be an act because they'd caught him by surprise.

BrionyCoote

[4]Sep 21, 2013
    • level: 12

I have been rewatching the sixth season and the episode 'Easy Come, Easy Go', had me wondering if there was another hint that Burkhalter was Nimrod. He wants Hogan to go to England and capture a P-51 for the Nazis. He offers money and safe conduct, but the real incentive that sells Hogan is Burkhalter mentioning they have a spy ring in England. Hogan thought Burkhalter had tipped his hand there. But was it really a slip, or did he deliberately let Hogan know this so Hogan would go to England and break up the ring?

However, in the episode 'That's no Lady, that's My Spy', Burkhalter almost ruins Hogan's plan to smuggle Newkirk (disguised as a woman) into a party for the generals' wives when he notices there is one woman too many and gets suspicious. He almost calls the Gestapo, but Klink volunteers to investigate - with disastrous results, of course. If Burkhalter was Nimrod, what was he playing there? Any ideas?