Hogan's Heroes

CBS (ended 1971)

fireballil

User Score: 1919

Hogan's Heroes Fan Reviews (32)

• The single most influential show on my life. I am a career Soldier in the U.S. Army, a military historian, and a volunteer at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum - in large part because of this show's impact on my life.

I remembered by accident today why I started studying World War II when I was so young...Hogan's Heroes. It was on from 1965-1971, so I was almost 2 until I was almost 8. It was on CBS Friday nights, I think from 1900-1930. I loved that show. Also why POW/Concentration Camps are my second favorite thing to study, after European Theater Airborne operations. There is a Hogan's Heroes marathon on today. I just watched the episode that gave me my favorite, most-quoted, TV line, "Another day, another munitions dump." Very exciting - I have wanted to find that exact episode for years. (And yes, I own boxed sets of all six seasons). I usually hate watching old shows - not smart, savvy enough - but no problems with old episodes of Hogan's Heroes. I understand that it is not historically accurate, but it began 20 years after the end of World War II and helped keep interest in fore...sort of like what "M*A*S*H" did for the Korean War.
WZME