Hogan's Heroes

The Informer

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Sep 17, 1965 on CBS

• My highest recommendation: I'm going to look to see if its available on DVD or Blu Ray!

While growing up I watched Hogan's Heroes, but missed the very first episode (the pilot) until today (09/28/2010) when a local Chicago station (MeTV) showed it. It really is a great episode and I hope everyone gets the chance to see it. I'm sure this one has lots of cut to make room for commercials, but still seeing it is so cool and different.

The opening is way different, but the music is the same. Wished they kept Carter as an officer (say as Hogan's executive officer). Seeing the cigar bit for the first time was great and actually a lot better than the later ones. I couldn't believe it when Klink didn't catch on Hogan's cigar was his own, when he lit it for Hogan.

Honestly, seeing it makes me want to look up and maybe buy Hogan's Heroes on DVD or Blu-Ray, if its available (at least this first season). This is one of the highest recommendations I can make -- wanting to actually own an episode I can watch for free.
WZME