Hogan's Heroes

The Missing Klink

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Jan 04, 1969 on CBS

• An Unexpected Twist

This is one of my favorite episodes of the Series.This is mainly because of the last scenes of this episode.As for the other parts,they are important to.If itwas'nt for the earlier scenes,there would be no story.I last the last scenes because,it made me think.Hogan's Heroes may be a comedy,and makes us laugh,but that does'nt mean it can't make us think.This episode does both.aN underground leader is being held in aa heavily fortified Prison Camp.Hogan comes up with a plan to free him.He contacts the underground to have Burkalter kidnapped,to make a trade.Burkalter for the Underground Leader.Unfortunetly,this plan backfires as Klink is kidnapped instead(mistaken for Burkalter).The Gestapo will not release Hans Wagner,the underground leader.Hogan comes up with another plan.Through clever manuvering,Hogan,and his men will make the Germans think that Klink is in reality...Nimrod,a British Agent that nobody has been able to identify,or find.The plan works.The Germans make the trade,and as the Gestapo is about to question Klink concerning some secret plans which were found in Hilda's desk,Hogan comes in to say that the plans are for a model rocket that he,and his men had sent for.The Gestapo then receives word that Hans Wagner had arrived safely(letting Hochstetter know that he had been tricked).Ironcally,these plans are indeed important plans.It even came with a letter addressed to Hogan ,and it signed Nimrod.this is what made me wonder.How did Nimrod get into the Camp,to put those secret plans for Hogan to find?I guess some things are never ment to be known.