Holmes on Homes Forums

HGTV (ended 2008)

Mike's New Shows Holmes Inspection and Lien On Me

zzbeach

[1]Feb 1, 2009
    • level: 12
    A few days ago I read that Mike was doing a new show called "Holmes Inspection". I hope we in the US get to watch it. Also what was Mike's special "Lien on Me" all about? The HGTV Canada site won't let me watch it. They play the commercials but not the show. I don't understand why no US cable stations have picked this up.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Hoeech

[2]Feb 27, 2009
    • level: 66

zzbeach wrote:
    A few days ago I read that Mike was doing a new show called "Holmes Inspection". I hope we in the US get to watch it. Also what was Mike's special "Lien on Me" all about? The HGTV Canada site won't let me watch it. They play the commercials but not the show. I don't understand why no US cable stations have picked this up.
    "Holmes Inspection" is a business he had started up in Ontario, not a show. A collection of contractors/home builders that Mike had personally screened and tested will be made available to Southern Ontario home buyers since most of the inspectors on the market today don't know what the hell they are doing.

As for "Lien On Me", it was a two-hour special in which Mike and his crew find a house that was so badly renovated that there was no choice but to condemn the building, tear it down completely and start from scratch. He built this couple a house from the ground up using the most up to date products and techniques. He also designed it to be so efficient and self-sustaining that the local utility will be sending them checks every so often. Geo-thermal heating; solar paneling for electricity; grey water collectors to capture rain water for the lawn and the toilets; mould-proof; fire-proof; the whole shebang. It took over 13 months to complete the project and was the biggest build he and his crew had ever done.

If you want to see it yourself, go to hotspotshield.com and install their product. It is ad-supported, but it only gives you an overlayed ad panel at the top of your browser which you can shut off. There's no spyware, but it does mask where you are trying to watch a streaming video from. Try it out. If you don't like it, you can always uninstall it.

Edited on 02/27/2009 7:54pm
    Edited 2 total times.

zzbeach

[3]Mar 3, 2009
    • level: 12

Hoeech, hotspotshield didn't work for me. Any other suggestions?

Hoeech

[4]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 66
    In order for hotspot to work, you have to run it like an application. It doesn't automatically kick in when you boot up. If you still can't get it to work, I'm kinda stuck for any other suggestions aside from taking a vacation in a Canadian hotel.