Home Improvement Forums

ABC (ended 1999)

Funniest Kid

crzza

[1]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 49
    I think Randy.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

imadoobee

[2]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 11

I think ya gotta go with Randy! Brad was a trouble maker when he was younger and was not much more than a soccer nut in the later episodes. Mark was whiney little kid and when he was older he was just strange! Randy was awesome all the way until he left the show!

crzza

[3]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 49
    Brad was funny sometimes.

RaeandAnasRock

[4]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 19
    Randy, but Brad was pretty close. I just loved when he said "Hey mom, where's dad?" to Tim in "Rites and Wrongs of Passage".

ecgirl08

[5]Aug 31, 2008
    • level: 57

Randy was the funniest, but then again, he got the best lines. Brad and Mark were very talented in different ways, but Randy had a way of delivering his dialogue that gave him an edge, at least when he was younger. Once he grew older and his voice changed, though, he wasn't particularly more funny than the other two, and Brad and Mark grew up to be interesting characters. I always felt for Mark the most when he was really little, getting teased and tormented so much by his older brothers.

Actually, though, I think the actors playing Randy and Mark seemed to get bored toward the end of the show. I was just watching Season 6 on DVD, and Zachery Ty Bryan (Brad) is the only one who seemed to still be enjoying it at that point. It seemed that JTT was just ready to move on and do other things, and Mark's character was probably the least developed of the three kids (until Season 7), so if he was bored, it was understandable. Did anyone else notice this?

Edited on 08/31/2008 12:29pm

RaeandAnasRock

[6]Aug 31, 2008
    • level: 19
    ecgirl08 wrote:

Randy was the funniest, but then again, he got the best lines. Brad and Mark were very talented in different ways, but Randy had a way of delivering his dialogue that gave him an edge, at least when he was younger. Once he grew older and his voice changed, though, he wasn't particularly more funny than the other two, and Brad and Mark grew up to be interesting characters. I always felt for Mark the most when he was really little, getting teased and tormented so much by his older brothers.

Actually, though, I think the actors playing Randy and Mark seemed to get bored toward the end of the show. I was just watching Season 6 on DVD, and Zachery Ty Bryan (Brad) is the only one who seemed to still be enjoying it at that point. It seemed that JTT was just ready to move on and do other things, and Mark's character was probably the least developed of the three kids (until Season 7), so if he was bored, it was understandable. Did anyone else notice this?

Well, I did notice that Bryan was the only character who enjoyed playing his role in the series, but it was reasonable why Thomas left the show. I do agree that Mark was the least developed of the three kids, but I'm sure Mark being gothic was simply written into the storyline since Smith decided to go goth in real life.

mr_snakeabee

[7]Sep 24, 2008
    • level: 7
    I laughed the most at Randy's lines. Brad was just ok to me.

ecgirl08

[8]Dec 7, 2008
    I didn't care much for Brad in the early years. He was just kind of this obnoxious, troublemaker kid, but I really loved his character in Seasons 6-8. That's when he got really funny and more of an established personality as a soccer fanatic. If you ask me, he was just as fun to watch in the later seasons as Randy was in the early years - just in a different way. I also liked how Brad and Mark became closer once Randy left, and Mark finally had a brother he could get along with.
    Edited on 09/14/2009 9:52am

ncgirl315

[9]Jan 8, 2009
    • level: 13
    l always thought Randy was the funniest

TheLostTreasure

[10]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 5
    First, I have to agree with 'ecgirl08' on Thomas initially having all the best lines, and also what was said about the actors performances throughout seasons 6 and 7. I did happen to notice a certain enthusiasm missing from both Thomas and Smith at that point. Bryan's character definitely jumped out at me more too.
    I honestly had a certain favoritism of Randy for a long while, as he was renowned for his sarcasm. However, it was right around this time (season 6) I started to switch gears (a little car humor) and favor Brad. It seemed to me the writers gave Bryan better material to work with. As far as 'funniest kid', I really don't have an answer.

snake63

[11]Aug 1, 2009
    • level: 20
    Randy was the funny one. Jonathan Taylor Thomas is a natural comedian.

spongebobs1fan

[12]Aug 13, 2009
    • level: 21
    Randy...

ecgirl08

[13]Oct 3, 2009
    Speaking of the kids, there's something else I noticed too. Patricia Richardson seemed to be closest with Zachery Ty Bryan (Brad), and when they did scenes together, there was more of a warmth than with the other kids. Even though Mark was the baby and Randy was the funny one, there appeared to be more of a connection between Jill and Brad, and I think it had to do with them as actors. I have no idea if this is true or not--it's just something that seemed to resonate on screen. Whenever they hugged, it was a big hug, and it was sincere. They also took a really cute picture together at the TVLand awards recently. Don't get me wrong - the loving relationship that Jill had with each of her kids was obvious, and I never got the impression that Brad was Jill's favorite kid - again, it had more to do with the chemistry between them while they were acting. I'm hoping I'm not crazy and that someone else noticed it too I always thought it was because Zachery appeared to have a lot of fun playing his role, and just looked happy to be there.
    Edited on 11/05/2009 9:37am

PsicNina

[14]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 8
    Randy, without a doubt.

SillySophie

[15]Dec 22, 2010
    • level: 9
    The three boys were written a lot like the three kids on Roseanne. Sara Gilbert had the snarky "Randy" role that got all the laughs. Lecy Goranson was the "Brad" who got some good laughs but was often funniest when doing scenes with Sara. Michael Fishman had the "Mark" dud role that was used as a prop for the others' jokes.

Just_Jos

[16]Sep 1, 2011
    • level: 11

I love all the guys but Brad was my favorite, followed by Mark and Randy.

Edited on 01/17/2012 9:40pm

drudager

[17]Dec 23, 2011
    • level: 13

The kids were supposed to be funny??

Odd. I always found them annoying in their own way. Brad and his soccer & long hair? Check. Randy and his smart mouth & unsufferable youth ethics? Check. Mark and his overall general lameness & goth? Check.

pudgebyrd722

[18]Jan 24, 2012
    • level: 51
    Randy.

snickerzkc

[19]Jan 28, 2012
    • level: 6
    I'm rewatching the series and when they were younger it was Randy. However, I find him annoying in later seasons.

pamhalpert

[20]Jan 30, 2012
    • level: 14

I don't know who is funnier between Randy & Brad. But everytime Mark was on the screen; I wanted to throw a brick at the tv. He added nothing to the show.