Home Improvement Forums

ABC (ended 1999)

General Questions

RaeandAnasRock

[21]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 19
    imadoobee wrote:
    Is that the one where the truck is named blood, sweat and gears? It was a big orange Chevy. Dang it! I can't think of the episode! I'll look into it!

I just found out that episode was "Jill's Birthday". Yeah, that episode was just too funny! Especially when Tim worked out with Jill.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RaeandAnasRock

[22]Sep 8, 2008
    I have another question, everytime I watch "Flying Sauces" on TBS and Nick at Nite, I notice Wilson doesn't appear. However, all the guides on Home Improvement don't mention anything about Wilson's disappearence. Was his scene removed in syndication episodes?

imadoobee

[23]Oct 16, 2008
    • level: 11
    Did we ever see Tim's friend Benny with a girlfriend or even a date for that matter?

RaeandAnasRock

[24]Oct 17, 2008
    No.

I also got the season 1 DVD back and it turns out that Flying Sauces was uncut in syndication, Wilson didn't appear AT ALL.

Water78

[25]Aug 1, 2009
    • level: 47
    Do you think, if money wasnt a problem, they would have done another season?

IrishKittie1

[26]Sep 7, 2009
    • level: 1

money wasn't the reason the show ended, Tim Allen was offered 50 million to do another season, and Patricia Richardson was offered 25 million. Even though she wanted the same amount of money as Tim the real reason the show ended was because there was alot of tension between the cast and crew, and there wasn't much more they could do, JTT had already left the show and the character of Brad was supposed to be going to college so the only kid left would be Mark, and I think another season without Brad and Randy would have been a disastor and probaly would have been canceled, at least this way the show ended on a high note.

ArthurBranch

[27]Dec 25, 2009
    • level: 5
    Yeah unfortunately when you have kids on sitcoms they tend to have a shelf life of when the kids grow up.

The only way it could have continued was in a slightly redone format since the kids had moved on but that would have removed the point of the show.

Oddly enough I'm in Michigan right now and I half expect to run into the Taylors. Whenever you're so into a show, it almost becomes real.