Home Improvement

Games, Flames And Automobiles

Aired Unknown May 21, 1996 on ABC

• Al's Tool Time game goes on market.

This episode is about Al putting his Tool Time game on market during the show's two-week vacation since he is miserable about his 37th birthday because he feels like he's done nothing in life, he also wants to propose to Ilene on Saturday. But he puts his life-savings on the line for his game which could become a problem when people want a refund since the game catches fire. I did get happy at the end that Ilene and Al were to get married and it all worked out. My favorite parts were when Jill did her nod to Ilene, when Al was reading the "misfortunes" in the fortune cookies, and when Wilson had way too much coffee! Hilarious! A very great episode right here.

FINAL GRADE: A-
  • Al tries to market his Tool Time game, but thanks to Tim, discovers that the wiring is prone to melting and catching fire.

This has got to be one of the top episodes of Home Improvement. It was very nice to see a return of the "Tool Time" game from the episode 'Tanks for The Memories'. Its too bad that no game company actually picked the game up in real life. It's hard to believe that it's actually been 10 years since this show aired on ABC. This episode still seems so fresh, and everytime that I watch it, I just have to laugh when the ambulance and garage catch on fire, and then we find out that Al was fooled into trying to sell his game through a criminal enterprise. If Buena Vista ever releases a 'Best Of Home Improvement' DVD, this episode had better be on it, since it is a series classic.