TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Homefront Forums

ABC (ended 1993)

charming little show!

pirategennie

[1]Sep 19, 2006
    • level: 10

i saw a few episodes of this on tape when i was in japan (my friend compiled ten years' worth of good tv for me) but now i am being reintroduced to it on the american life network.  wondering why no one is discussing it here (yet)!  so i'll start with an easy one:  anyone got a favorite character(s)?

g

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ndrose

[2]Oct 5, 2006
    • level: 7

My favorite character was the baseball player.  i loved his story line with the girl (that was a vague description). 

My favorite scene was the funeral with the hyancith blooms -- that is such a wonderful scene. 

What is the American Life Channel?

pirategennie

[3]Oct 5, 2006
    ndrose wrote:

My favorite character was the baseball player.  i loved his story line with the girl (that was a vague description). 

My favorite scene was the funeral with the hyancith blooms -- that is such a wonderful scene. 

What is the American Life Channel?

let's see if i can find that link for you... someone else asked me that in another forum, too!  it used to be the good life network or channel but they changed their name.  they're digital, so if you have digital cable, you may get them.  i have no idea whether satellite also carries them; i imagine so.

http://www.goodtv.com/  is americanlife tv network.  you can find out what shows they carry there.  they have original programming (self-help, cooking -- they even show graham kerr, remember him? -- and  god knows what!) during the day but also carry lots of old stuff at night, some of which i adore, some of which i can take or leave, some of which i can't bear... i watch (on aln) the man from u.n.c.l.e., i spy, homefront, i'll fly away, combat sometimes (i've taped them all!), china beach... they also have stuff like courtship of eddie's father, the gallant men, kung fu, the girl from u.n.c.l.e., mayberry r.f.d., harry o, hawaiian eye, maverick, sugarfoot, cheyenne, bronco, the f.b.i., bourbon street beat, sufrside 6, 77 sunset strip (but not route 66!), f troop. welcome back kotter, my favorite martian, choco and the man, the honeymooners (the newer ones, in color, not the old great ones in bw) -- you getting the picture?  they fashion themselves as a baby boomers' network.

the nice thing about them is they show all the primetime stuff twice per night, three hour-long shows in a row, then the same three again, so it's easy to work them in even if you've got some network favorite on the same night.

g

birder-3

[4]Oct 13, 2006
    • level: 6
    ndrose wrote:

That was one of my favorite episodes, too! But, actually, they were forsythia blooms.

pirategennie

[5]Oct 14, 2006
    birder-3 wrote:
    ndrose wrote:

That was one of my favorite episodes, too! But, actually, they were forsythia blooms.

you know, it's funny, i have always confused (in theory) forsythia with hyacinth too.  they do share five letters....

g