Homeland

Beirut is Back

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Oct 07, 2012 on Showtime

• Lost My Viewership

4.5
    My wife and I immediately stopped watching when Brody is pulled into the situation room (as if it's a Super Bowl party), where he's secretly able to text message Nazir.

1) First, the situation room would allow phones/calls? Are you effing kidding me?

2) Second, he could secretly text message in a room full of highly trained officials surrounding him, with no one knowing? Yeah, not so much.

3) He has the direct phone number to Nassir. Apparently Nassir has the same exact phone, which he just carries around with him, giving numbers to everybody. I guess Brody is on his "Favorite Five"

4) The text message takes less than a minute to get to the Middle East. He must not have AT&T

5) The driver is like, "Oh I know you're having a big meeting right now in the middle of the cleared street, but you got a text message. Here let me show you."

Homeland, season 1, was great. But now it's obvious now in Season 2, that the writers will use implausible, dim-witted plot devices to drag the suspense along artificially. It's too bad, because the show seemed promising.