Homeland

Blind Spot

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Oct 30, 2011 on Showtime

• Overall I found this episode to be one of the better in the series so far. I really like the interplay between Carrie and Saul, and we are starting to delve a little deeper into character development. However the series overall has a long way to go...

I am really enjoying the relationship between Saul and Carrie. We also got to see a little more character development information with the introduction of Saul's wife as well as Carrie's dad who apparently suffers the same mental illness as Carrie. The episode however was fairly dull and predictable as this entire series is sadly.

I really, really want to like this show, but something big needs to happen soon. Maybe I've watched too many shows like this, but it is becoming overly predictable, and we haven't really had a single surprising plot twist.This episode didn't even really develop the terrorist plot any further except that now they have identified some suspects. We saw nothing about what they are planning. Essentially, we are in the same place we were in the first episode...Carrie's suspicious, nobody believes her, we're supposed to suspect Brody's a terrorist, Saul remains suspicious and skeptical, somewhere there is a supposed terrorist plot we know nothing about.

I like the characters but we need some story development. Nothing has really been revealed and I can't remember a single episode ending with a cliffhanger. I feel like I could miss 4-5 episodes at this pace and not really miss too much. It's time for some momentum. I'll stick with it for now but I need some plot development soon.