Broken Hearts

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Dec 02, 2012 on Showtime

• Collision Course

Homeland remains in fine form as Carrie, while on the phone with Brody, is hit in her car and abducted by Nazir as leverage. Nazir wants Brody to break into Waldon's office and get the serial number for his pacemaker so that Nazir can cause him to have a heart attack. Nazir reveals that he has Carrie and he agrees to do it if he frees her. Jessica doesn't regret having spent the night with Mike and the rift between her and Brody seems to be growing deeper by the episode. Finn visits Dana to talk about how guilt ridden he is about killing that woman since she's the only person he can talk to, but while it's a rehash it's at least good to see him broken up over it unlike when they first did it I guess it just took time to sink in. Jess and the kids stay locked down until Nazir can be found and Estes pats everyone on the back for their capturing the terrorists that they got. Carrie had one of the most defining scenes of the show having finally come face to face with Nazir. His point about the drone strike was perfectly countermanded by her telling of a suicide bomber killing children that Nazir himself was responsible for. Nazir says that he never wishes to leave the country alive and that infidels will be eliminated even if it takes a few hundred years. Despite everything I guess justice is served as Brody swears on Isa's eternal soul that he will text the serial number to Nazir after he lets Carrie go. She is let go while everyone in Langley is still worrying about her, Galvez is now back having her about her abduction, are all worried about her after seeing the crash site and finding security footage of Nazir in the area. When Carrie is let go she steals a trucker's phone and gives the CIA her location and the warehouse details but Saul tells her not to after Nazir. Saul had met earlier with the Dar Adal guy from last week and he admitted that Quinn was one of his, presumably to kill and stop Brody from revealing the drone strike Estes is no bent on not letting get out. He confronts Estes about his knowing who Quinn works for and Estes gives him the run around but tells Quinn that Saul knows. Saul is later stopped by two agents before he can leave to get to Carrie's location and he's told that he is wanted for questioning, no doubt the work of Estes to keep him occupied from sharing with anyone what he knows until Brody and Nazir are gone then his knowledge doesn't mean anything is what I think they're going for. Brody's phone calls were great Damian Lewis moments and his spy work finding Waldon's pacemaker thingy was very suspenseful. You'd think that Saul would be suspicious of Brody knowing more about Carrie's abduction with how desperately he answered the phone when he called from Carrie's line. But Waldon walks in on him after he sends the pacemaker info to Nazir and when Brody realizes that Nazir is hacking Waldon's pacemaker he drops his guise knowing that Waldon is not leaving the room. He tells him that he is withdrawing his candidacy for his family and Waldon tells him that family shouldn't come between being the second most powerful person in the country, then one day the first. Brody tells him that he disagrees with everything that Waldon stands for which Waldon takes as a joke. When his heart gets serious he tells Brody to call for a doctor and when Waldon reaches for the phone himself Brody puts it out of reach telling him that, "You don't get it. I'm killing Then he calls for a doctor after Waldon flatlines, I guess there is justice in this world after all but Nazir also has it coming soon but Waldon was a good step in the right direction. Despite orders against it, Carrie goes back to the warehouse and looks for Nazir and walks into a room filled with darkness and then the end credits roll. Very tense, suspenseful episode truly showing us how deeply Brody cares about Carrie and vice versa. Of course you can't expect Nazir to still be there after he lets you go he would be the dumbest bad guy ever to still be there after letting a hostage free of course she'll lead the CIA right too there. Brody's scene with the VP was some nice karma since Waldon is a bit of an ass so it was nice to see him go. Still two episodes to go, and hopefully we'll figure out who our mole is that they never got to last season maybe. Good question Dar Adal: Is Saul really too sensitive to be doing this job? Also the call back to Carrie's jazz music as she turns on the radio right before getting blindsided was giving us that it is a thematic choice on the part of the show. If nothing else, this episode was a great acting showcase for Claire Danes and Damian Lewis as we reach the last two episodes of the season, my only question is what will Season 3 be about and who will be left standing? Brody, Estes, Carrie, Saul, Nazir, Jess, they're all on a collision course and there's no turning back.