A Homeland Community
Sunday 9:00 PM on Showtime

Do you like to be teased? Then you'll love this new teaser for the third season of Showtime's Homeland, because oh my God, Homeland, right? Except this teaser is one of those teases, where we don't learn much about the new season or see any new footage and things are just cryptic and artsy in an attempt to get us to exercise our brains and figure things out on our own instead of spoon-feeding us visual entertainment. The nerve!

Okay fine, Showtime. We will take a deeper look at this, because we're no match for the inner mysteries of Showtime's funnest show. So there's no new footage, but it sounds like there's new audio. And the first thing that jumps out at me is that none of the chatter is coming from Carrie Matheson (though to be fair, featuring her character without her crazy eyes would be a crime against television). The second thing that jumps out at me is that there's a lot of Brody. Like, a lot. I've been under the impression that Season 3 is going to have less Brody now that he's hiding from 99.999999 percent of the population, but it sounds like he's out and about and having a rough time as the world's most wanted terrorist. 

Homeland Season 3 premieres September 29 on Showtime.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 12/20/2015

Season 5 : Episode 12

52 Comments
Comments (48)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I have been teased.
Flag
At least the writing is still engaging on THIS show, until some others running on fumes. Can't WAIT for it to return. Dog knows, there's nothing on cable and precious little on the overpriced premium channels.
Flag
oooooooooh, yeah!!! can't wait!!
Flag
No footage, just talking and half of it is in Arabic.
Flag
"I've been under the impression that Season 3 is going to have less Brody now that he's hiding from 99.999999 percent of the population, but it sounds like he's out and about and having a rough time as the world's most wanted terrorist."

then you are definitely wrong

Homeland is all about Brody...
Flag
Can't even remember what happened last. I remember that CIA building getting blown up and Carrie's crazy eyes. This is what I hate about Showtime and HBO shows. Too damn short seasons and too far apart. I'm just gonna wait till it's over and then watch all seasons 2 days straight. That's what I used to do with 24 seasons. It's simpler and kinder on your brain.
Flag
don't worry i'm sure they'll remind us of everything in one of those long 'previously on homeland' :)
Flag
I hate this show. That's why I'm no longer gonna watch it. However, it's still gonna be hella annoying to see it getting so much praise for basically shoving a whole bunch of unlikeable characters down everyone's throats. Just terrible.
Flag
It's one of the best shows ever. Your opinion is wrong.
Flag
There are sometimes such things are wrong opinions. As was the case with Hitler, and is currently the case with the anyone who disagrees with gay marriage, your opinion on Homeland is wrong. It is overrated.
Flag
Heh. No, it's not.
Flag
Lol, and all the better that it's also something exactly like what Cartman would say.
Flag
"your opinion is wrong"

lol ^^
Flag
Thank God for opinions or we would all be watching Small Town Security, Listening to Justin Beiber and eating taco bell food for eternity
Flag
[Totally inappropriate and humiliating happy dance.] Yes! Homeland is soon returning, Quinn is going to be there and suspicion is still on that squirrely Galvez.
Flag
Galvez was confirmed dead by Alex Gansa. Apparently he was at the CIA in the finale, but off screen.
Flag
Wow. I either totally read the wrong interview or I totally read the interview wrong. Sniffle. RIP Galvez.
Flag
Hey guys, this time you managed to put a video that can be seen in other regions, congrats! It's ironic that it happens to be a video with no image, isn't it :)
Flag
I couldn't see the video in this region.
Flag
oh no - this might be the first time that I have region-advantage...
Flag
Honestly it is an audio with some minimal gif to publicise the premiere date... Love Homeland but this was meh
Flag
There is something that i don't understand about tv shows that features Arabic language(or any foreign language for that matter), why in the hell don't they cast an Arabic actor instead of using Google Translate to translate the script and then give it to an Indian actor(by the way most Arabs look nothing like Indians)??, Hell i speak Arabic and i almost can't understand a word of the Arabic used in English programs(or games(i am looking at you Assassins Creed)), and the thing that irritates me the most is when they use the Arabic script, they use the oldest Arabic script known to man, and usually use Google Translate to translate what they want(i am looking at you again Assassins Creed), i mean what the hell!?, they do that even in movies that's budget is in tens of millions range, can't they cast a real Arab actor(the ones that are not American are ten times cheaper than an Indian one) to cast an Arabic character instead of using an Indian one(or in the best cases a Persian one(Persian is NOT the same as Arabian),

I am not speaking about Homeland in particular(actually in this terms Homeland is the best i ever saw), i am speaking about the entertainment industry in the US(i think it's a little better in the UK though), they have this problem representing other cultures, a Japanese man is always a samurai, an Indian is always poor, a Chinese man always have a long weird mustache and all Arabs have a camel or two and live in the desert (Spoiler Alert: 99.99999999999 don't)

Famous Arabic actors:Omar Sharif
Tony Shalhoub(Monk from Monk)Wendie Malick
Salma Hayek
cast them as an Arab for once, i know they cost a lot, but who wouldn't like to see Monk on Homeland??
More+
Flag
Don't feel too bad about that, Hollywood misrepresents all cultures other than American (even that's a funny thing: US nationals call their country America and themselves Americans as if there weren't 34 other countries in the continent).
I live in Europe and it always cracks me up when TV characters travel to Spain (99% of the times, for the running of the bulls in Pamplona) and everyone is short, with dark complexion and a big moustache, as the Mexican stereotype. I also remember a McGyver episode featuring Basque separatists, and they pictured them LIVING IN TREES! :D
Flag
Try being Dutch and watching Austin Powers' "Goldmember". Now thát is an incorrect representation of a nationality.
Flag
Haha I'm from Belgium and I understand completely what you mean .. ))
"There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch."
Flag
FYI Salma Hayek is Mexican not Arabic
Flag
She is Mexican by nationality and place of birth, but she is half Spaniard(from her mother's side) and half Arabic Lebanese(from her father's side) and her first name and last name are Arabic(سلمى حايك), "Salma(سلمى)"=Safe, "Hayek(حايك)"=the one who weaves or knits
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salma_Hayek
Flag
If that can make you fell any better it's the same for french characters... No conspiracy here, arabs aren't getting a special treatment :)
Flag
Dude, you think that's bad... let me tell you: I'm Russian, and I can't honestly express, in the manner which would befit polite society, just how badly American movies and video-games mangle my language. Most times, I, too, have to read the subtitles to understand what the hell is going on, just like everyone else.

Also, while America has only really started focusing on Arabic cultures in this past decade, Russians have been the target of its preference pretty much since WW2. The amount of unintelligible and nonsensical Russian, both in the dialog and quite often in the writing, is innumerable.
Flag
Back in the 90s I watched one of the Die Hard movies (the 3rd or 4th I think) with some Germans. I didn't even notice, because I only know a few words of German, but they found it really annoying that the Germans in the movie were played by American actors who spoke German with strong American accents.

I guess my point is that "Hollywood" isn't just doing this with Arabs/Arabic. They're really sloppy with these things in general.
Flag
Its like that for Breaking Bad too. It annoys the hell out of me that two major characters that come from Mexico and Chile speak in an obvious american accent.
Flag
Arab characters in homeland and their true nationality:
Arab characters who are played by real Arabs:
- Dar Adal(Weird name, no one uses it as far as i know) - F. Murray Abraham, he is not 100% Arab by ethnicity(most Arabs are not 100% Arabs but a mix between almost all races), but he is an Assyrian Syrian, but i am not sure if he really speaks Arabic because he was born in the US(14 episodes)
- Mansour Al-Zahrani - played by Ramsey Faragallah, he is an Arab and he probably speaks Arabic so that was a good choice, too bad he was only cast in 3 episodes
- M.M - played by Mido Hamada, Egyptian actor who speaks Arabic, wasn't on screen to much sadly and only appeared in 3 episodes
- Imam Rafan Gohar - played by Sammy Sheik, Egyptian actor who speaks Arabic, wasn't on screen to much sadly and only appeared in 2 episodes
- Fatima Ali - played by Clara Khoury - Arabic Palestinian/Israeli Actor wasn't on screen to much sadly and only appeared in 2 episodes
This the list of all the Arabic actors in Homeland and sadly all the ones who speak Arabic didn't appear in more than 3 episodes and i don't think that we heard any of them speaking Arabic for more than a minute.

Arab characters who was played by people who are not Arabs and doesn't speak Arabic:
- Abu Nazir - played by Navid Negahban, Iranian actor, in the show he is Palestinian, but in reality he doesn't even speak Arabic.(18 episodes)
- Roya Hammad - played by Zuleikha Robinson,Indian actor who plays a Pakistani women, okay that is not a "very" bad choice to be fair(9 episodes)
- Raqim Faisel - played by Omid Abtahi, he is Iranian and he plays the role of a Saudi man(3 episodes)
- Latif Bin Walid - played by Alok Tewari, he is probably Indian but he plays the role of the prince majordomo and from the name he is mostly Saudi or from the Arabian Gulf(3 episodes)
- Prince Farid Bin Abbud - Amir Arison - he is Israeli but he plays an ARABIAN PRINCE!!
- Danny Galvez - played by Hrach Titizian, he is Armenian but he plays a character of Lebanese origin, this also not a very bad choice, Armenians and Assyrians and eastern europe are a big part of the population in the Middle East, especially the Levant(Syria-Palestine-Jordan-Lebanon)

Homeland have done a good job(in comparison with other tv shows/movies), because even though most actors who are playing Arab characters doesn't speak Arabic, they - most of them anyway - look and feel Arabian(except for when they speak), unlike other shows and movies who cast people who look nothing like arab people
More +
Flag
Amazing insights, I get cranky enough that no one on American tv, including Australian actors, does Australian accents properly (except for Wilfred) but obviously Arabic is a lot worse.
Flag
It's much much worse than that, it's like watching The Wire, but instead of the African-American accent, you hear a British one!!, it's only worse with Arabic
And when something is written in Arabic, it's hilarious how they use the oldest Arabic font type and sometimes use the Persian-Arabic font type, and it's always google translated, and sometimes the written words mean nothing, or nothing related to the movie, i mean i am sure they can afford real translators and real Arabic actors
Flag
It's even funnier when the letters of a word aren't connected because nobody on the show realizes that isolated letters don't make a word in Arabic / Farsi. They once did that on "Damages" and it cracked me up. They just picked some random letters and put them on a building that was supposedly in Afghanistan, like this: غ ب ت ل ا In Arabic it would read Tobacco but I guess they didn't realize that they don't speak Arabic in Afghanistan.
Flag
Actually, I would LOVE to see Shalhoub on "Homeland". That is a FANTASTIC idea.
Flag
I don't know. I wouldn't be able to take him seriously as a terrorist. Anyone remember Aasif Mandvi as a terrorist in Sleeper Cell? (Just one episode I think, probably 2x01 or 2x02). It would be like that, times ten.

Maybe he could play a politician or something, but I think I would still just be thinking "hey that's Monk" and "is he going to ask someone for a wipe after touching that thing?".
Flag
Staff
This Homeland teaser was better than Dexter's last two seasons. Well done Showtime.
Flag
Teaser is apt, more teasing than most.
Don't suppose there's anyone on here who speaks (what I presume is) Arabic that could translate the last bits?
Flag
I rewatched it for you, and the only thing that i was able to under stand is: "hello -something something something something - again
Flag
ah well it's probably nothing too important. Thanks for having a go at it.
Flag
I Syrian and didn't understand a thing(most people who play Arabic characters are Indian, not Arabs)
Flag
Oh, well, most people who play Brazilians are Hispanics...
Flag
I am*
Flag
Video won't play...
Flag
You're not missing anything.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members