A Homeland Community
Sunday 9:00 PM on Showtime

Showtime has released a new trailer for Homeland's fourth season, and from the looks of things, everybody is way stressed out.

The two-hour Season 4 premiere of the Emmy-winning drama will pick up six months after the events of the Season 3 finale, with Carrie Mathison back in the Middle East and her sister Maggie caring for Carrie and the late Nicholas Brody's child.

“They’re sending me back, I don’t have a choice,” she tells Maggie in the trailer, which adds some new context to the first-look footage that Showtime released in July.

Elsewhere in the 75-second promo, Peter Quinn is having second thoughts about the whole CIA thing, and Saul is explaining the United States' efforts in Pakistan as best he can. Corey Stoll (House of CardsThe Strain) also makes a brief appearance as new character Sandy Bachman, the CIA Chief of Station in Pakistan, but so far all he appears to be doing is directing angry foot traffic.

Hit play below, then let's hear your first impressions in the comments!

Homeland Season 4 premieres Sunday, October 5 at 9pm on Showtime.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 12/20/2015

Season 5 : Episode 12

25 Comments
Comments (25)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I think what we need from tv.com this season is a version of "Hey, should I Watch Homeland S4?", before it airs.
At the moment, I'm thinking: no.
Flag
For me, the big problem with Homeland is that it really should have been a 1 and done series the way Fargo and a few others are now, with new characters and setting for a season 2. Season 1 was undeniably good for many reasons, not least being the whole Carrie and Brody thing. A really bad decision all round for the network to actually base their success on future seasons??!! The writers then messed with everything in terms of pacing due to network TV's pressure to milk success from a successful TV series. The writers as good as admitted to this when they admitted that Brody would and should have died at the end of the season. By lengthening everything they ruined the show hich should have had 1 season.
Season 2 was a disaster and Season 3 even worse. Also the character just becomes less and less credible as time goes on.She'd NEVER be allowed to keep her job with so many continuing 'problems.' Also very sick to death of her talk/crying voice whatever you wanna call it! Danes has been overacting for a while now, and the show won all of its awards in the 1st season. Either make a great season or put us all out of our misery.
More+
Flag
Yup, yup, and yup. But money and greed overrule everything.
Flag
Homeland, you're on a VERY short leash this season
Flag
last season was so blah that i can't get excited for this. i'll give it a shot, see if it can hook me again but if not it's time to cut ties.
Flag
Brody be back ep 5. Too save the show
Flag
Hah......like the father ghost in Dexter? Even the ghost wanted to shoot himself in the head by the finale.

I wouldn't be surprised if this hack show brings back Brody as a ghost. With noose, or without?
Flag
I'll watch if the reviews are good. I depend on you TV.com!
Flag
Wow this show is still on? Season 2 was so boring and bland i just assumed it stopped after that.
Flag
i like the quinn guy and no brody is great he is so annoying and boring
Flag
haha did u not watch season 1, Brody made this show and the less of him we saw the more the show sucked mate.
Flag
I've seen it and as far as season 1 my take on this is it's not so much as Brody that is good but it is the supporting cast that is solid.
Flag
Looks intriguing. Loved the song they used.
Flag
I'm so glad there's no more Brody. He was a waste of space last season. He should have slipped into the Canadian wilderness after season 2, never to be heard from again.
Flag
I want to see how this is going to work out without Brody. He was one of the main characters and the reason why the show was so good... and now he's dead. It's like this show is starting all over again...from scratch!
And "Carrie's a bad mom"? C'mon!
I think she has a choice but doesn't want to have a choice. She wants to go back! Plain and simple!
Flag
They're making this up as they're going along, aren't they?

Shoulda ended with Brody.
Flag
ok great, but...where's Dana????
Flag
Apparently Dana now works for the CIA as an analyst.
Flag
Oh, she'll be there! Probably once Carrie's sister gets tired of babysitting and leaves the baby with Dana. Then they can devote half the episodes to Dana babysitting her half-brother and all the terrific drama that'll lead to.
Flag
"Carrie's a Bad Mom"

oh please ...

Showtime does not like "good mothers"

Flag
Wow.... Corey Stoll is is popping up everywhere!
Flag
Looks really good!

I'm interested to see how the dynamic will change now there's no Brody.

Also, I wonder if they're going to address James Rebhorn's (Carrie's Father) passing in the story.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members