Homeland Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on ShowtimeIn Season

discussion for episode #2.03

warthogjump

[1]Oct 15, 2012
    • level: 8

Was a fairly slow episode, with not much happening in terms of plot throughout the episode.

However, very exciting now that both Saul and Carrie know about the tape. Going to make for a very exciting next few episodes. I feel good for Carrie. I almost felt as stressed as her when she suspected Brodie and she was right, but didn't know it. It stressed me out so much. It was a massive relief for me now that Carrie has had her relief. She deserved to know the truth about Brodie ever since her suspicisions. I like her character. She is played perfectly imo. In fact, I enjoy every character in homeland. Cant wait for the next episode.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CopperH3AD

[2]Oct 15, 2012
    • level: 1

I am 57% sure Saul will die/coma in the next episode - only way Brodie wont go down (and it is too soon for that, and when he will go down it will be on his terms - probably helping to catch abunazir - so You know we get to sympathise with him). the rest of the season will probably be "everyone thinks Carrie is crazy" but she is trying to get Brodie now that she knows.

30% says the: vice-president and the Cia director try to cover it up somehow because of the drones (thus making them unable to launch an official investigation against Brody)

13% goes to: he is discovered and observed but goes silent and they cant get him without some proof (the video gets destroyed) - but given Saul's reputation i would find it highly unbelievable his word wouldn't be as good as a video.

Edited on 10/15/2012 1:11pm

longterm60

[3]Oct 16, 2012
    • level: 3

If one 'caught' an enemy agent, spy-craft 101 says you would try to turn them into a double agent. They could go down that path with Brody, but they ain't gonna let him become VP of the good ole' USA. Interesting episodes loom ahead...

haldrey

[4]Oct 17, 2012
    • level: 22
    warthogjump wrote:

Was a fairly slow episode, with not much happening in terms of plot throughout the episode.

However, very exciting now that both Saul and Carrie know about the tape. Going to make for a very exciting next few episodes. I feel good for Carrie. I almost felt as stressed as her when she suspected Brodie and she was right, but didn't know it. It stressed me out so much. It was a massive relief for me now that Carrie has had her relief. She deserved to know the truth about Brodie ever since her suspicisions. I like her character. She is played perfectly imo. In fact, I enjoy every character in homeland. Cant wait for the next episode.

I totally agree, they have to move the story faster. Basically two episodes churning around the same thing.

longterm60

[5]Oct 23, 2012
    • level: 3

Don't they have to try to turn Brodie now after Carrie blew him up? Otherwise, what are they going to do with him? It's a weird situation, though. Usually, when a real spy agency turns a 'caught' operative, the person is just an information person. They then use that person to spread disinformation - e.g., what the Brits did with caught Nazi spies in WWII. But if the person is an 'operative' - e.g., Brodie assassinating people - how do you do that? And Brodie hasn't been feeding them info - despite the cell phone intheops room, and the ridiculous sequence with Brodie in the CIA office and safe.I dunno. Guess that's why I will keep watching. Good show!