Homeland Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on ShowtimeIn Season

discussion for episode #202-"Beirut is Back"

mattgus

[1]Oct 7, 2012
    • level: 14

what an incrediable tv experience ... carries conflict with trusting her own judgement is so well played by her...regarding the op to kill nazir...again i know it would make for a very short season,but i don't see how with one guy and four trained killers with four+ automatic firearms,he gets away??? and it always strikes me how the civillians who live in these places do it,with bombs and gunfire randomly happening all the time...there are so many compelling things going on with every scene,nothing is wasted on fluff!...and what a cliffhanger...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ExodusPenguin

[2]Oct 8, 2012
    • level: 15
    Agreed. It was another incredible episode, probably my favorite of the series so far alongside season one's "The Weekend." The ending was a definite gamechanger. Brody's arc for the rest of the season will be very, very interesting to watch now. This episode marked Homeland's place as the boldest drama currently on TV right next to Breaking Bad.

smoke-monster

[3]Oct 8, 2012
    • level: 2

holy crap. best hour of tv i've seen in a long time.

maybe saul will get killed before he can tell people about brody's video?

Edited on 10/08/2012 3:25pm

DamiPlinge

[4]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 4

smoke-monster wrote:

holy crap. best hour of tv i've seen in a long time.

maybe saul will get killed before he can tell people about brody's video?

That's what worries me, as I like a lot his character but obviously if the CIA gets this video, the show will end sooner than thought.

For a moment I thought they just leaved Carrie at her mercy, and for what I saw on the next's episode preview, looks like she is again meeting a load of poo from the Agency once more..

xWhiteman007x

[5]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 4

ExodusPenguin wrote:
    Agreed. It was another incredible episode, probably my favorite of the series so far alongside season one's "The Weekend." The ending was a definite gamechanger. Brody's arc for the rest of the season will be very, very interesting to watch now. This episode marked Homeland's place as the boldest drama currently on TV right next to Breaking Bad.

pretty fitting as they are the best 2 shows on TV atm

I have a question though I cant seem torememberwhen/how that SD card was put in the bag?

JeanC

[6]Oct 11, 2012
    • level: 1

The show is getting too far fetched for me, makes it unreal and less appealing. Sitting in the midst of a meeting and messaging, the bomb he carried. So many clues to the outside world and yet Brody still goes on. A pity because otherwise it was a fine show. But it gets too unrealistic for me.

haldrey

[11]Oct 11, 2012
    • level: 22
    Why so many complaints about the show getting unreal, this is not a reality show, maybe that is the problem, too many reality shows. This TV land where everything is possible, just enjoy.

warthogjump

[12]Oct 12, 2012
    • level: 8

easily one of the best, if not, the best episode of the series insofar

whatever the writers decide to do next, it better not involve killing off saul. He's a very enjoyable character.

carlejeune

[13]Oct 14, 2012
    • level: 6

I totally agree; I really like this show. It seems like each episode ends with a season finale type cliffhanger BUT, I do not believe the texting from a secure room inside the Pentagon. Does anyone remember the Furby incident? When Furbies were popular, they were not allowed to be brought into the Pentagon because you could record on them. Cell phones are probably the same...even if he got one thru security, I can't believe cell phone signals can get out of the Pentagon. NOT AT ALL REAL sounding

barbaraberkley

[17]Oct 14, 2012

xWhiteman007x wrote:

ExodusPenguin wrote:

pretty fitting as they are the best 2 shows on TV atm

I have a question though I cant seem torememberwhen/how that SD card was put in the bag?

I just found this about the SD card on another blog: "The chain of custody for the video was: Brody recorded it and hid it in a marked location at a park. When he went to retrieve it, someone had already taken it and marked the location as well (presumably Walker). We don't know how it got from DC person/Walker to Beirut where it was sewn into the Hezbollah leader's bag." Carrie took the bag from the Hezbollah leader's house, so we can presume it was his bag.

Edited on 10/14/2012 10:33pm

dscape

[18]Oct 21, 2012
    ExodusPenguin wrote:
    This episode marked Homeland's place as the boldest drama currently on TV right next to Breaking Bad.

LOL

dscape

[19]Oct 21, 2012
    haldrey wrote:
    Why so many complaints about the show getting unreal, this is not a reality show, maybe that is the problem, too many reality shows. This TV land where everything is possible, just enjoy.

Your post made me curious ... Are you saying Jersey Shore is "reality"?
    If you are then you're wrong. Normal people don't look like that or live that way, ie guys spending 3 hours in the bathroom doing their hair every day is not reality.

Why do people get so ticked off when someone complains about things not being realistic?
    If you really want fantasy that badly then maybe you should try reading books instead of watching TV.

craig4679

[20]Oct 22, 2012

I love this show and the last episode was great...........BUT. Does no one else think it was spoiled by the fact that the CIA used SKYPE ??? I mean come on, how unrealistic and stupid was that that ??? Do they expect us to believe that, or the fact the he sent a text message from the incident room.

Edited on 10/22/2012 9:44am