Homeland Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on ShowtimeIn Season

"I don't follow hockey"; "You do...if you live in Calgary"

mlauzon

[1]Oct 1, 2012
    • level: 8

Excuse me, that is just so wrong! Seriously, the script writer(s) for this episode know nothing about Canada or Canadians, hell the only thing they got right is the name of the hospital.

I lived in Calgary, and I didn't follow hockey, hell, I don't follow any sport!

Also, what is with Danes mispronounciation of Ottawa, she says something along the lines of Ottaway, when it should be pronounced something like Ottawah.

Edited on 10/01/2012 9:42am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Niko_D

[2]Oct 1, 2012
    • level: 11

The way I see it, if a character says something, it doesn't mean that's the writers think. It's just a character speaking and

if a character believes everybody watches hockey in Canada, that's his/hers misconception.

dscape

[3]Oct 21, 2012
    • level: 1
    Niko_D wrote:

The way I see it, if a character says something, it doesn't mean that's the writers think. It's just a character speaking and

if a character believes everybody watches hockey in Canada, that's his/hers misconception.

That's what directors and producers are paid for; to direct and produce. Gasp!

Gooroov

[4]Nov 4, 2012

One guy from Canada saying he doesn't like hockey doesn't make for a very good cover. My perception, from having a son who lives in Vancouver, that Canadians in general are pretty interested in hockey, although some probably aren't. You should get outside and talk to your countrymen more.

But the point is, people in other countries think of Canadians as people who like hockey, so if you're making a cover, might as well play into it. Don't have to have red hair to be Irish, but it helps!

JDLCHI

[5]Jan 23, 2013
    you don't follow hockey or any sport, but I'm sure you know the name of the NHL team. that was the point.