Homeland Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on ShowtimeIn Season

Is Carrie Mathison Loony Tunes ? - Spoiler Alert.

nikevp9

[1]Nov 28, 2011
    • level: 1

Homeland, it's truly gripping me at the moment, and what about the Carrie Mathison character (played by Claire Danes) and how she is evolving in this TV series. She starts out as a super intelligent Secret Service Agent, dedicated to her job and the security of her country, but she's turning into this pill-popping, bug-eyed, obsessive compulsive, neurotic, utterly convinced that Brody (Damien Lewis) is an archfiend, a super terrorist who has the whole country fooled by posing as a war hero. She spies on him illegally against orders from her superiors, she watches him make love to his wife, she stalks him in order to sleep with him, which she does successfully. When I watch her movements on screen she reminds me of a meerkat on guard duty, all nervous energy, like a speed freak in need of a hit. In nine episodes we still don't know if she's right about Brody, IS HE or ISN'T he, that is the question, or is our Carrie just plain loony tunes, barking mad, away with the fairies, out to lunch, one slice short of a full loaf ? Time will tell.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mattgus

[2]Nov 29, 2011
    • level: 14
    no,although she gets crazy from time to time with her passion. the meds she is taking may be for Parkinson or some other neurological illness is my take on ...or ???

mermayd

[3]Nov 30, 2011
    • level: 19
    She was pill popping in the first episode, it's one of the first things we saw her do. And she doesn't have Parkinsons, its for bipolar disorder (the drug she's taking is clozapine which is one of the strongest anti-psychotic drugs). Frankly it wouldn't surprise me if she was suffering from mild schizophrenia.

ltcomstella

[4]Nov 30, 2011
    • level: 17

in cross fire she seems to unraveling slightly,

when she was in sauls office a possible sign the meds aren't working or she is stressed

ilee1990

[5]Dec 6, 2011
    • level: 10
    If they knew she was this ill she'd lose her job. In real life anyway.
    She's mentally unstable, there's no doubt. She is also a bit of a sex addict. So skanky, especially in the first few episodes. Yuck.