Homeland Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on ShowtimeIn Season

Official Discussion for Episode 8 "Achilles Heel" (Spoilers)

Saiyans91

[1]Nov 21, 2011
    • level: 8

Another very strong episode of Homeland. It is very rare to see a show deliver such consistency in the quality of their episodes and I hope they continue that throughout the series, however long it lasts!

Anyway I was completely blown away by the end scene now that we know Brody is definitely involved in some way. How do you think he is involved and who else do you think is involved? What is your prediction for the last 4 episodes of the season? I just can't wait to see.

Discuss.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

saphire382

[2]Nov 21, 2011
    • level: 5

I give the writers credit, I was completely thrown off gaurd. I stopped suspecting brody completely

As for carrie she is completely deluded, and is giving up her professional integrity for a man that will never see her as anything. I'm thinking brody is going to start using her to gain information

Really really fantastic episode

darkoverorg

[3]Nov 21, 2011
    • level: 6

Man, I had stopped suspecting Brody since the end of episode 2. I was really convinced Saul was the sleeper. They keepblindsidingme, and I love it

Yeah, very nice storytelling.

RichardSimon2

[5]Nov 23, 2011
    • level: 1

One thing from an earlier episode, which I don't know if it has been discussed here.

Saul said Kaddish over the dead terrorist/prisoner's body after his suicide.

That is something that a Jewish person only says for another Jew or for a non Jew who would be very highly regarded by Jews.

Why would he say this prayer for the dead over a terrorist???

TylerA46

[6]Nov 23, 2011
    • level: 11

Carrie goes from full mistrust to full trust in a matter of a second. Stupid.

mermayd

[7]Nov 23, 2011
    • level: 19
    Fabulous episode with killer ending! I also had not suspected Brody.

Am curious as to why Carrie is SO convinced that the intel from the guy about to be executed is legit. She said herself that a soldier's knowledge is only valuable for a day or two -during the interrogation of Brody in the first episode she asks why they kept him alive for so long when he had no strategic value.

This informant had been in prison for a year - how on earth could he STILL have first hand knowledge, and surely after a year any POW who had been turned would have already been sent to the US. The guy was about to be executed. If it were me I would be more than happy to plant false information as a f*ck you. Would he really have held onto that information for a year? Unlikely.

I like Carrie as a character but she's a pretty shoddy intelligence officer!

Win56789

[8]Nov 25, 2011
    • level: 1
    Think there is going to be a lot of plot twists before the end of the season setting up the next season. This week had a good episode and afterwards I was very creeped out.

haldrey

[9]Nov 26, 2011
    • level: 22
    Awesome episode but I still think that Brody is not squeaky clean, his boots are in the mud.