Homeland Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on ShowtimeIn Season

Season finale

TylerA46

[1]Dec 19, 2011
    • level: 11

Message to the writers, ****&#@@&##!%!%/

The annoying stupidity is unbearable.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Jemadari

[3]Dec 19, 2011
    • level: 12

This show has joined the ranks of nearly every other season finale i've seen this season that felt "lacking" to me and I also felt like they were building up to Brody and his daughter having a frank discussion about his actions and then just abandoned it

dif_frent

[4]Dec 19, 2011
    • level: 10

TylerA46 wrote:

Switch to another channel. Be the master of your fate. Don't let them torture you any longer with this terrible show.

To me the show is fantastic, even though a little outstretched.

thefanof

[5]Dec 19, 2011
    • level: 102
    I think that is what they were going for. They wanted to bother you a little bit, they want these characters to frustrate you, because that is how they keep you interested. Rather this than, "Okay they got him, now what?"

kepa55

[6]Dec 21, 2011
    • level: 8

Stupid? Were we watching the same episode? It was as amazing as the rest of the season, ie. the best drama on TV right now. It could've been a bit shorter, but the 1h25mins it lasted went by very quickly.

Carnus

[7]Dec 21, 2011
    • level: 5

I can appreciate that you enjoy this show, but if you think this is the best drama on TV you aren't watching much TV. Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men, and Breaking Bad (Just to name a few) are far superior to HOMELAND. There were some really good moments on Homeland, but if you've watched "24" before you can see most of the twists coming. The ending was horrible. (spolier) Brody shooting his ex-partner would not be a convincing enough sacrifice, I'm sorry. Oh and why is his wife calling him "Brody"? I get why the CIA and military call him by his last name, but not his wife. That right there is poor writing.

kingofthehill07

[8]Dec 22, 2011
    • level: 1

The ending was horrible. After 12 weeks of building up to what should/could have been a fantastic ending, we instead got crap. I miss 24.

haldrey

[9]Dec 24, 2011
    • level: 22
    I watch Breaking Bad, Mad Men and Homeland and of the three Homeland is tops. Anyway in my opinion the finale was great and more or less on line to what I expected. I knew that the bomb was not going to explode since if it did the show would have ended right then and there. What I did not expect was the shock treatment but by the next season, I hope there is one, she will be fully recovered.

pinot10

[10]Dec 24, 2011

Hmm, i found the season finale of homeland lacking in excitment after Broody decieded to not go through with the plan of blowing everyone up. After that moment i thought there must be another twist or something exciting to finish the episide off, and yes i saw that Carrie was getting shocked at the end but it was nothing compared to a room of high level people getting blown up

However the most annoying thing that i found about that scenewhen Broody was meant to blow everyone up was that he chickened out. The terrorist set up a plan, it was going smoothly and then Broody did not have the nerve to go through with it. I know that this is still a bad scenerio but i would hav prefered if the vest was a dud, andAbu Nariz was just testing is faith in the cause and then they can still discuss the bigger picture of killing the idea rather than the men but Broody not flicking the switch just proves that while he might be for the cause he is to chicken togo through with the plans at the final minute.

AmericanInfidel

[11]Jan 10, 2012

I agree, what a disappointment. And the way they ended it actually made me laugh out loud. "Change things from within?" Really? How does what he's doing any different than Nancy Pelosi? Harry Reid? Dick Durbin? Even at the beginning of the show when Brodie was making the video, it sounded like every other leftist during the entire Bush presidency. That exact rant could have been from Susan Sarandon, Micheal Moore, Sean Penn, Danny Glover, or George Clooney.

logossun

[12]Mar 7, 2012
    • level: 18
    TylerA46 wrote:

Amen brother, these cheap tactics "in the nick of time" s h i t ruined what was otherwise a great season of TV. Damn it.

logossun

[13]Mar 7, 2012
    • level: 18
    haldrey wrote:
    I watch Breaking Bad, Mad Men and Homeland and of the three Homeland is tops. Anyway in my opinion the finale was great and more or less on line to what I expected. I knew that the bomb was not going to explode since if it did the show would have ended right then and there. What I did not expect was the shock treatment but by the next season, I hope there is one, she will be fully recovered.

But why wouldn't the bomb go off???? Kill the character of Brody, kill the cabinet and have absolute pandemonium for season two. I repeat: why the hell not? As it is, it was a cheap cop-out.

MattiasSvensson

[14]Aug 19, 2012
    • level: 4
    Terrible. Not surprised though. Most shows on tv have terrible season enders. I guess season two will be more of the same. If so I doubt the series will last for more than 2 seasons.

MattiasSvensson

[15]Aug 19, 2012
    • level: 4
    logossun wrote:
    haldrey wrote:

But why wouldn't the bomb go off???? Kill the character of Brody, kill the cabinet and have absolute pandemonium for season two. I repeat: why the hell not? As it is, it was a cheap cop-out.

I agree. Very cheap ending.

Gooroov

[16]Oct 19, 2012
    Actually I bet that you'd find that a LOT of people who put on suicide vests chicken out at the last moment. It's a pretty intense thing to do after all. And then when your kid calls just as you're about to flick the switch...I think Lewis did a great job portraying the raging inner conflict. a big explosion is just what everyone was expecting--I think it was good to go the other way.

The thing abut the finale that pissed me off was when they nailed Carrie for investigating Brody--and nobody bothered to mention that they had gotten a FISA warrant, and that it was approved by Saul. What an idiot Estes is if he clamps down on a legal investigation his people are doing just because he hadn't heard of it. I'm sure that the CIA is full of people doing questionable things, but in this case, SHE HAD A WARRANT! At the CIA you don't even get fired for running an investigation WITHOUT a warrant. (GWB, I'm looking at you. When Bush was pres, he was in the news for running a bunch of investigations that failed to get FISA warrants, and people were all perplexed, "We created FISA warrants specifically so that you could get them fast and easy--why not get one?" they said basically, "uh, didn't feel like it," and no one was fired.)

Also, when they came back for Season 2 and Estes needed Carrie and she did not insist on reinstatement, that was ridiculous. She shoulda said, "if you want me to do the work and risk my life, then the least you can do is pay me for it!" she had the leverage, and she definitely would've used it.

JDLCHI

[17]Jan 23, 2013

my guess is in the beginning they intended for Brody to blow himself and the whole room up, but then lost their nerve because people were buying into the love story. the Nazir game plan of Tom Walker and Brody was perfect and deserved to be seen as a season ending finale. but hey, it's only a tv show.

CrazyAsian1080

[18]Mar 18, 2013
    • level: 7

Here's a question. Why does no one but Carrie question Brody's loyalty? I mean he's been captured for EIGHT years by knownterrorists who's leader is known to blow up children. The only reason the first season worked at all was because the VP and AD were morons.