Homeland Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on ShowtimeIn Season

The Vest he "wasn't wearing": WHERE IS IT???

moderniste

[1]Nov 1, 2012
    • level: 1

Brody is insistent about not admitting that he was wearing the suicide vest. I'm not sure why--he's trying to hold on to one last bit at the core of his personality that was built by Abu Nassir (sp?), and if so, not good! Or he's looking down the road and trying to avoid prosecution as a traitor. Either way, his lie is unsettling especially when we see how emotional and relieved he gets in response to Carrie assuring him that "(he's) a good man, Brody". If he's still hanging onto that lie...

But the sneakier question is: WHERE IS THAT VEST??? Did I miss some part last season where they show him getting rid of the vest? He got rid of his prayer gear, and we know where that confession video ended up.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

warthogjump

[2]Nov 4, 2012
    • level: 8
    It's more believe that he hasn't turned completely "bad" if he wasn't wearing the vest (ie, deciding before he went in there not to go through with it). As for where the vest is I don't know, but I never even thought about that. He must have dumped it somewhere, you've seen Brodie he can manage to go to way off the radar places lol.

For a more mind blowing question, fair enough everyone calling Brody "Brodiy, but why on Earth do his family call him Brody? Especially his wife? I mean they all have the same surname: Brody. His first name is Nicholas. Why would his wife call him by his second name when her second name is the same? Mind boggling stuff

Gooroov

[3]Nov 4, 2012
    • level: 1

I've heard people call others by their surnames just as a kind of nickname. It's really not that unusual, and not even noteworthy in a show with so many blatant holes in it.

Dec1964

[4]Nov 12, 2012
    • level: 33

moderniste wrote:

Brody is insistent about not admitting that he was wearing the suicide vest. I'm not sure why--he's trying to hold on to one last bit at the core of his personality that was built by Abu Nassir (sp?), and if so, not good! Or he's looking down the road and trying to avoid prosecution as a traitor. Either way, his lie is unsettling especially when we see how emotional and relieved he gets in response to Carrie assuring him that "(he's) a good man, Brody". If he's still hanging onto that lie...

But the sneakier question is: WHERE IS THAT VEST??? Did I miss some part last season where they show him getting rid of the vest? He got rid of his prayer gear, and we know where that confession video ended up.

To be honest you bring up a very good point, i was so caught up in season 2,

i toally forgot about the vest. The last time i saw the vest he was wearing it.

They never showed him getting rid of it, maybe its at the Cabin or at Gettysburg

who knows. Brody insists he wasn't wearing it but he was. Either way they

haven't mentioned the vest or even bothered to look for it.

Never trusted Brody from episode 1 & i still dont.

Edited on 11/12/2012 7:01am

LeytonTLA

[5]Nov 20, 2012
    • level: 16
    he insisted he wasnt wearing it but when they discussed how dana had called him and asked him to come home they knew he was wearing it but dont care cos he didnt set it off, maybe retreiving the vest from him is something they did behind the scenes?

LeytonTLA

[6]Nov 20, 2012
    • level: 16

he insisted he wasnt wearing it but when they discussed how dana had called him and asked him to come home they knew he was wearing it but dont care cos he didnt set it off, maybe retreiving the vest from him is something they did behind the scenes?

Edit - obviously they care that he was wearing a vest hence the prison sentence he would get, i doubt they could hold him if he hadnt worn that vestbut because he didnt set it off he got the deal and i imagine they retrieved it behind the scenes

Edited on 11/20/2012 11:56pm
    Edited 4 total times.

warthogjump

[7]Dec 16, 2012
    • level: 8
    LeytonTLA wrote:
    they knew he was wearing it

No they didn't know he was wearing it. How could they? They might suspect he was, but knowledge is another thing. Yeh, Dana called him, but so what? Brody's explanation is he never walked in with the vest. He admitted (because of the tape) that he considered walking in with the vest, but after some thought he decided not to. It's a perfectly plausible explanation (although we know it's not true, but the CIA doesn't). As far as the CIA is concerned, Brody intended on walking in with the vest, but on second thought, didn't walk in with the vest. Nothing to doubt in that explanation. However, we know that not only did Brody walk in with the vest, he also pushed the trigger. He had every intention of the bomb going off, but it malfunctioned.

Dec1964

[8]Dec 17, 2012

I'm putting this question out there, was that the vest in Brody's car & other

explosives as well.?

obeezy

[9]Jan 9, 2013
    • level: 5
    Dec1964 wrote:

I'm putting this question out there, was that the vest in Brody's car & other

explosives as well.?

I doubt it. The vest really went unanswered. I guess it is assumed that he got rid of it.

Dec1964

[10]Jan 16, 2013

I wish they had adressed this unanswered question.