Homeland Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on ShowtimeIn Season

"The Vest" - (spoilers)

stenna_b

[1]Dec 12, 2011
    • level: 3

For me, this was the best episode yet. Carrie Mathison goes into a meltdown and Brody now shows his true colours. The eight years of physical beatings and mental torture instigated by Abu Nazir seems to have paid off, but this episode still leaves a glimmer of hope that Brody's love for his family may yet pull him from the brink. Fascinating stuff.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dif_frent

[2]Dec 12, 2011
    • level: 8

To me, it was a very gloomy episode with no hope. Carrie went insane, Brody said good-bye to both his children. He tried to explain it that heroic deeds were necessary, but it did not sound convincing. His family didn't seem to understand him, and I don't think us (viewers) did. If his basic motive was revenge for Abu Nazir's boy's death, then what Brody is about to do to his own children is even worse than death--they will always be traitor's children. Perhaps the most shocking scene to me was the one when his wife told him she was happy. He betrayed her at that moment the same way he was going to betray his homeland.

Edited on 12/12/2011 3:58pm

etegration

[3]Dec 13, 2011
    • level: 3

stenna_b wrote:

For me, this was the best episode yet. Carrie Mathison goes into a meltdown and Brody now shows his true colours. The eight years of physical beatings and mental torture instigated by Abu Nazir seems to have paid off, but this episode still leaves a glimmer of hope that Brody's love for his family may yet pull him from the brink. Fascinating stuff.

the breakdown and discussion of her who is bi-polar is great! her acting was superb and very convinicing!