Homeland

In Memoriam

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Dec 09, 2012 on Showtime

• Acting wins over writing

I shouldn't criticise the show's writers, because they did a wonderful job, with an incredibly solid and addictive plot and some of the best characters and dialogues of the last decade.

That said we have to admit that the last tac team search scene was highly unrealistic: one man goes in alone, finds a place with no one in, calls for help but the radio doesn't work, but magically out of nowhere Nazir appears and kills the soldier. This is some B movie, very disappointing screenplay.

I was ready to rate this episode 4, after that scene. But then Damian Lewis proved once again how huge an actor he his. First reacting from hearing of Nazir's death and then saying his goodbyes in the car, with Morena Baccarin giving one of her best performances from the begining of the show (excluding when she's naked).
  • The end of Abu Nazir.

This episode picks up right after the previous episode with Carrie looking for Abu Nazir and when he escapes surrounded by SWAT teams Carrie still believes he is in the factory When Carrie found Abu Nazir I expected him to get away I couldn't believe that Abu Nazir was killed so early and that he never even made it to the finale With Abu Nazir dead that means Brody is in danger from Quinn and Estes who are planning to assassinate him and it looks like the finale will revolve around that storyline I just hope that the finale is as good as "Marine one" because I thought that was quite an impressive first season finale.
  • In Memoriam

Still glued to my seat during the chase, but I thought it was a little unrealistic that he could hide from eight search teams and somehow Carrie, on no sleep, was able to figure out where he was.

It was okay, but I expected more. Hopefully the finale delivers.
  • In Memoriam

After having followed Nazir into the tunnels Carrie gets turned around as the FBI and other tac teams converge on the location. Quinn instructs her to go home but she insists that Nazir was right in front of her but Quinn says that they will find him. In the CIA basement Saul is interrogated by a high ranking intelligence officer who asks him about his past and if he slipped the blade to the woman from Nazir's network who killed herself earlier in the season. All of his stress and lack of answers give him a bad polygraph and something that Estes, the jerk, can pin him into the ground with any time he chooses. So it's no surprise that nobody believes his claims of a Congressman about to be assassinated by Quinn but the test indicates that he was telling the truth. Estes shows up in his room and says that he wants him gone and he can choose whether he resigns or goes to trial over his conduct with the agency. Carrie, after interrogating Roya Hamad and trying to get her to flip on other possible Nazir locations, Roya turns the tables and says that Nazir would never run (in Arabic) and that Carrie is an infidel whore. Thinking about it, Carrie thinks Nazir never left the tunnels and goes back to the site and finds a departing tac team and they do one last sweep of the tunnels and Carrie finds a lived in looking room. She finds other team members dead and a knife wielding Nazir and she calls out into the darkness. The tac team corners Nazir in a back room where he is kneeling in a praying position and pretends to pull a gun which gets him a death by firesquad. Anticlimactic for one so clever as Nazir to go out but that's kind of where the realism catches up with us. Also, poor Galvez being thought of as the one hiding Nazir since he's Muslim when really he was just going to get his torn stitches repaired at the hospital. Now the finale will focus solely on Brody getting taken out presumably by Quinn who ends the episode watching Carrie's house as he goes over after dropping his family off at his old house. Also, Brody and Jess's scene was really well put together as they finally admitted that their marriage was over but that they had tried their best. Dana's accusations of Mike being a better father were utterly unfair to Brody who was being tortured in the Middle East and was thus unable to be a father to her. But Brody's crying reaction upon learning of Nazir's death showed how much he loved him as well as how he had to behave and be ok with it in front of his family. But we still don't know if he is still in fact loyal to Nazir or not since we didn't see his whole interaction with him a few episodes ago so he could still be putting a Nazir plan into effect posthumously rather than being a good guy as we so thought. But that's just a wild theory but hopefully the finale can see Saul back in action and Brody whooping some Quinn ass and fighting for his life.
  • great episode

I've really gotten tired of this Jessica shit! She over heard Brody telling Carrie that he only cares that she's safe... and she started to cry... why? She just slept with Mike, while her children were in the next room.

This was a great episode nonetheless. I think Quinn might die instead of Brody.
  • Renewed

Homeland has already been renewed for a third season. I can't wait.
  • Homeland.

If anybody was going to get Abu Nazir it was going to be Carrie & when Brody got the news that Abu was dead, i think he was sad more then relieved. Whats going to become of Saul & cant wait to see Roya's interrogation. Brody's marriage was over when this season started so no surprise there, but Carrie why do you always fall in love with him. You off all people should know that you dont negotiate with terrorists, so its no surprise Brody is a dead man walking. What i find interesting is there is a season 3, so maybe Brody wont be killed off in the next episode, & yet again Estes you really are a son of a bitch, still only trust Saul & Carrie. Brilliant episode, really was. i could say alot more but i wont.
SHO2E