Homeland

Marine One

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Dec 18, 2011 on Showtime

• season finale

For me, Homeland has been one of the most suspensful and interesting series I've seen this year. The season finale didn't let me down. At the beggining, I was wondering how this would all end. Since I didn't know if Damian Lewis and Claire Danes were coming back, I actually (SPOILER ALERT) did think the bomb would explode. The more I taught about it, the more I taught that it would actually be a let down if they went that way. I had no idea how they would convincingly make Sergeant Brody not go through with it. Clever twist with Carrie showing up at the Brody's house and convincing the daughter to call her dad, did not see that coming. Love the scene between the two of them on the phone, really emotional scene.

Also, I love the fact that (SPOILER) Carrie actually decided to go through with the shock treatment. Gotta admire that girl.

I know some people were disappointed with the ending and they think that season 2 will be less interesting because of it but I have faith in the writers. I remember people saying the same thing after the first couple of episodes and, what do you know, it actually stayed good. Can't wait for season 2!