Homeland

Marine One

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Dec 18, 2011 on Showtime

• 2 coincidences that killed the entire season of a great series

Let me be clear: the "Terrible" grade for this episode has nothing to do with the quality of the episode, and even less with the quality of the series.

BUT, man, did they f**k it up.

The entire season I marveled at how tight the script is, how the writers will not let anything fall through the cracks and how wonderful and consistent and believable the acting is all round.

And then they do this s**t.

First they have Brody not activate the carefully set vest not once but twice, with the last time coming just in the Hollywood nick of time.

Once I digested that piece of trashy spy novel drivel, we have Carry remember the one thing that can actually make this thing believable, screams it out, no-one hears an then she (oh gosh oh golly) has treatment that erases short-term memory.

I'm sorry but WHAT?!?!? Are we watching an episode of or a believable, gritty show that had me wanting more.

I'm now screaming WHY?? Why ruin such realism with cheap tactics? And the answer is - well, we got season 2 and the writers panicked.

And in stead of a new cabinet, America at Defcon 1 and Carrie on a war path, we have this: more of the same.

Congratulations and thanks for nothing.