Homeland

New Car Smell

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Oct 21, 2012 on Showtime

• Is it over for Brody?

After the previous episode Saul knows about Brody and he takes immediate action but before they arrest Brody they need to know what Brody is planning and who he is planning it with That means using Carrie and normally every time she comes into contact with Brody bad things happen It was the ending that made this episode as good as it was when Carrie goes too far again by telling Brody what she knows and who knows what Brody would've done if Brody wasn't arrested Now I don't know what will happen with Brody getting arrested but I can't wait to find out.
  • New Car Smell

A bit of a drawn out episode before the capture, but it proved to be full of strong writing and for once the show actually lived up to its billing as the pace, acting and direction was Emmy-worthy. Not a great episode, but a good one, and one necessary to move the show forward.
  • Boring

Extremely boring episode with just a twist by the end, I guess the show is jumping the shark unless it did it already.
  • Full Throttle

Things really kicked into gear this week in Homeland, even Dana's romance with the VP's son was darling to behold. Brody goes to get his car refreshened so that it doesn't smell of the storekeeper's smoke from last week. Estes gets shown the taped confession by Saul and reluctantly agrees to put an outside surveillance team on Brody and a tail and this operation effectively brings Carrie back into the CIA's fold once again. Estes's son is adorable as his Darth Vader costume and Saul's remark of "I like him." At least David is willing to admit he was wrong and actually admitted how deep he is in the VP's pocket since he can't go to him and say that he didn't know about Brody's terrorist affiliation or that he is and was wrong before so he has to do the operation off the books. Estes sends a guy to oversee the op with Carrie, Virgil, and Virgil's brother being included on the team. They begin the watch Brody and get the idea to have Carrie be at the CIA headquarters when Brody goes there for a meeting that afternoon and have her drop a hint about going after Nazir to make him make contact with his contact which we all know is Roya. When going through Brody's day until he goes back to his office they narrow it down by profiling people down to a small group of Middle Eastern and African descent which Saul calls "actual profiling" which I'm not sure I agree with but in this instance they're right. Roya isn't immediately suspected right away so they will have to dig a little deeper to find her roots to Nazir and she probably has a deep cover being that's how she got to Brody in the first place. Carrie butts heads the overseeing analyst of the op, Quinn, since he's reluctant of her techniques given her "reputation." But her running into Brody leads her to apologize and him to accept and apologize himself and say he's happy to her back on her feet although the news about her being reinstated does seem to shake him at least internally, damn does Damian Lewis have a great poker face. At his hotel, after him being unable to be honest with Jess over his true activities the night he missed the charity function Brody calls Carrie to keep him company. He buys her a drink and they have heart to heart where he apologizes and feels bad about calling Estes last season. He retreats upstairs and Carrie believes that she may have blown it and Brody will scare any other Nazir operatives through some obscure signal so she forces the CIA team into his room after she goes up there by herself despite Quinn's insistence against it. Brody saying he just wanted to be friends was heartfelt with how he really feels about Carrie and her admitting that she fell in love with him was a full circle this show needed but wasn't expected at this point. Brody being finally called out as a traitor and a terrorist and being dragged away in handcuffs with a black bag over his head was something that we all knew would happen this season. With the announcement of third season renewal I remain skeptical as always as to what happens between now and then? Will Homeland continue its formula in dismantling different Nazir networks or will Season 2 be the last of Nazir and the third season be the start of a whole new two season arc story? I don't know, but Homeland is strikingly good even in its second season and as we move into Phase Two with Brody outed and presumably going to be interrogated and taken to Guantanamo or allowed to be flipped and work against Nazir for the CIA remains to be seen.
  • Great!

Almost crapped myself last episode season 1, love to see how this develops. Double agent?
  • Bold and unexpected

I guess that's why this show is so amazing.

They took a bold direction that perhaps every other show would spend weeks building up to.

I doubt many viewers expected Carrie's actions in this episode.

One of the most defining moments of the series and now everything is up for grabs.

Is Carrie going to be in trouble? Will Brody lie his way out of it? Who knows. I just can't wait for the next episode.

And congrats on the Season 3 renewal.

It's amazing that the bar can be set so high and still be surpassed each week.
  • Brody and his Finger Code

During Season 1, Carrie noticed Brody (during an interview or something) moving his fingers in such a way that she thought he might be sending a code to someone. She mentioned it to Saul and others but no one could figure out whether he was actually trying to send a code or not, or rather no one could decipher it if that was what it actually was. This realization was a kind of light bulb going off for her after she saw someone strumming a guitar....hence Brody's fingers being a code to someone. In Season 2, Episode 4, when Carrie and Brody were in the hotel bar, Brody kept running his fingers up and down his whiskey glass in such a manner that he could have been sending a code at that point also. I'm sure that in the next week or two Carrie will review the film from their meeting and again bring up the fact that Brody is in fact signaling Nazir or his associative traitors by code. Did anyone else notice this? It will be interesting to see if this was what was going on, or if that scene was just a coincidence. If it WAS just a coincidence, well, the writers now have new material to expound upon.
  • Wham Bam Thank You Mam! Carrie Is Back!

Great episode with big finish! Estes is in limbo and Saul has just gained major traction while Carrie is on a brittle, but forceful, tract back. The only question, especially with Brodie's arrest, is what the heck is next? That's a wonderful question to be posing so early in season two as all viewer's are totally invested without reserve.
  • 2x03 "New Car Smell"

Where do we go now?
  • Homeland.

This show is amazing, each episode gets even better & better if thats possible.

So glad Carrie is back at the CIA, The plan is set in motion. Although I still

dont trust Estes never really have, Brody just cant help himself, always wanting

to see Carrie. I also thought what Carrie did in his hotel room was perfect,

exposing a few truths & mite i say Brody didn't deni it. Lets face it she was

getting squat at the bar. Just over another 5 days for the next episode.
  • This series never ceases to amaze me.

Seriously, I can't believe the pace the story is progressing at already, it really keeps me guessing what comes next after every episode and this one is certainly no exception.

Can't wait for next sunday!