Favorite Character, Funniest Scene

MarkKellerman

[1]Aug 6, 2008
    • level: 4

My favorite Homicide character is Gee, hands down. M.E. Shiner is probably my 2nd favorite. My favorite scene involving Gee (and there are many) aired recently. It went like this...

Everyone except Det. John Munch seems to be aware of the fact that, across the street at a 'hippie art gallery', there is a photo of Det. Munch as a flower child...and in the buff. Everywhere Munch goes throghout the police station, there are whispers and giggles aplenty. He can't figure out why. More whispers, more giggles, more mystery...then, as Munch is walking up the steps of the police station, the whispers and giggles cease...only because there stands Gee, laughing uproariously (and his voice booming as only Gee's voice can) and pointing directly at Munch, the entire length of the staircase, laughing, pointing, near-tears laughing, pointing...only to get to the bottom, attempt to compose himself, turn around and say "Hey Munch..." and as Munch turns to him, Gee just LOSES IT yet again, laughing uncontrollably and pointing at Munch as he nearly falls down from laughing so hard.

That scene kills me every single time I see it.

Edited on 08/06/2008 4:32pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

greenstv92

[2]Sep 13, 2008
    • level: 6

It would have to be Crosetti and his obsession with Abraham Lincoln's assasination. It was a hoot when he made a trip to D.C. and spent the day going to all the sites that had something to do with people associated with the assasination. Always good for a giggle or two.

I also love how they work Urban legends into the stories. Great writing. I especially loved the Steve Allen/Jayne Meadows episode where they accidentally shot their son as he was jumping off the roof. I remembered reading this in an email years ago. I'm watching this show for the first time in reruns, and sometimes I wonder which came first, the urban legend, or the writing of the episode? In other words, are the "Urban Legends" actually HLOTS episode being retold? Hmmm....

mehagian

[3]Sep 15, 2008

Bayliss and Pembleton are my favorite characters, I really can't decide who I like best!

The funniest scene(s) with these two has to be in "Justice" when Frank conveniently forgets to get Tim his grilled cheese sandwich. When Tim asks what's wrong with grilled cheese, Frank replies that it's a non-statement, too "white boy." Tim retaliates with passive aggressiveness, pointedly "forgetting" to get Frank a pastry, not handing him papers, etc. Frank finally gets the point and fills every drawer of Tim's desk with grilled cheese sandwiches in way of apology

I agree, Gee and Salami-Brain are great characters too. I love how snarky Gee can be about the board, or how he antagonizes Brodie. Also, the scene where Crosetti is drafting a letter of complaint against Meldrick - classic!

MarkKellerman

[4]Oct 21, 2008
    Both outstanding choices. The Lincoln theories are awesome, and the cheese sandwich gag was great too. Steve Allen, what a gem. Bolander getting so upset that Munch posed nude and chewing him out over it as he lays in a hospital bed recovering from a gun shot wound to the head gets me too. I loved the 'Big Man'. Did anyone catch Bayliss on 'Boston Legal' recently? Good stuff.

MarkKellerman

[5]Oct 21, 2008
    [QUOTE="mehagian Also, the scene where Crosetti is drafting a letter of complaint against Meldrick - classic! [/QUOTE] That was SO funny, great mention! Gee, ever so politely suggesting that the board needs a tad more black to it, and the detectives reaction of 'Wow, I've never seen Gee so mad before.' is a true testament to the high quality of Gee's 'snarkyness'. Great calls people.

wowbobwow38

[6]Oct 22, 2008
    • level: 5

My fave character is Gee, always has been always will. I couldn't imagine anyone but Yaphet Kotto playing this part

funniest scenes...the grilled cheese sandwich thing is classic.

I loved the Montel Williams bit that Munch did in the pilot...

when Felton goes off on Howard for quitting smoking in "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes"

everything involving Angie the Pig

just a few

pEtE710

[7]Feb 28, 2009
    • level: 7
    funniest scenes: Brodie asking Gee if he can stay at his place and Gee's reaction (in "control"), Munch getting paranoid because of the vcr, Bolander wants to see Wrestling instead of going to the waterfront and Munch mentioning Doink the Clown because of this. Also nearly everything Dr Scheiner says and Munch in the Christmas spirit answering the phone ("ho-ho-homicide")
    Edited on 02/28/2009 5:15am

rondasexton

[8]May 26, 2009
    • level: 11

My favorite character is Mike Kellerman. I sure hated the way they ruined his character.

As to the funniest scene....Well, I would have to say all of the reactions to the documentry. The way they reacted to their scenes was a scream.

thunderdeed

[9]Dec 6, 2009
    I agree, that was the funny at the end.

thunderdeed

[10]Dec 6, 2009
    I was bummed that they never explaned what happened to Bayless after he confesed to Pembelton.