Noticed a MAJOR Mistake on Homicide on Sleuth last night...

shannan1023

[1]Jan 16, 2008
    • level: 2
    Officer Chris Thourmann was shot in #1.3 and blinded. In all updates on the story--even when he faces his accuser several years later, he is still blind and is no longer a cop. However, in #1.9 he brings in Bayliss' juvenile suspect from off street and there is no indication of any injury.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MrShotShot

[2]Jan 17, 2008
    • level: 15
    shannan1023 wrote:
    Officer Chris Thourmann was shot in #1.3 and blinded. In all updates on the story--even when he faces his accuser several years later, he is still blind and is no longer a cop. However, in #1.9 he brings in Bayliss' juvenile suspect from off street and there is no indication of any injury.

Good job - post it under trivia for the episode.

In reality, 1.9 was shown out of order - if you have the DVDs, one of the points is that the episodes are in the "order the producers intended."

shannan1023

[3]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 2

MrShotShot wrote:
    shannan1023 wrote:
    Good job - post it under trivia for the episode. In reality, 1.9 was shown out of order - if you have the DVDs, one of the points is that the episodes are in the "order the producers intended."

Someone already put it in notes (I hadn't noticed). Do you know why it was aired (and numbered) out of order ? Same with the "Croscetti" episode, why not air it prior to "Model Citizen"? I don't have the DVD so I don't know why.

tvfa

[4]Mar 14, 2008
    • level: 52
    The network (NBC) wanted to have more violence to boost the ratings so they aired the episodes out of order.

Hoeech

[5]Jun 28, 2008
    • level: 66
    shannan1023 wrote:

Excellent catch!

someotherself

[6]Aug 8, 2008
    • level: 1

I can't remember the timelines of the two stories - the Chris Thormann case and the Adena case, but I know that in the episode you're talking about (Night of the Dead Living) the time is set back a few months from the usual story timeline. So Thormann could have still been healthy at the time of the events happening in this episode, and be shot later on.

Again, I don't know at what point of the whole 'Adena' development did the other story start, so I can't tell if his portrayal as healthy is accurate for the Night of the Living Dead ep. or not.

Edited on 08/08/2008 6:28am